Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Walt Disney Stands in Front of a Christmas Tree in his Studio Office

Epcot Sushi Without Going to Epcot

posted on February 15th, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Sushi at Walt Disney World Resort

One of our favorite splurges is a visit to the Japan Pavilion at Epcot for sushi. The Mitsukoshi chefs serve so much raw fish that we consider Tokyo Dining, the chic dining room overlooking World Showcase, as our No. 1 spot for super-fresh seafood.

Now Mitsukoshi is the sole supplier of all the packaged sushi at Walt Disney World Resort, so we no longer have to make the trek to Epcot – though you still must visit the restaurant for their specialties such as unagi (grilled freshwater eel) or kakuni (braised pork belly slowly cooked in sake, soy sauce and ginger).

Sushi at Walt Disney World Resort

But when you just want a California roll, a spicy tuna roll, a vegetable roll (a great intro to sushi) or a sampler of all three, you can now pick up a to-go box at the following locations:

Sunshine Seasons in The Land Pavilion at Epcot; Starring Rolls at Disney’s Hollywood Studios; Gasparilla Grill at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa; Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom (open seasonally as needed), and Beach Club Marketplace at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.

Domo arigato, Mitsukoshi!

Filed: Disney Dining, Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Jill from UT on February 15th, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Awesome!!!! Any chance of bringing sushi to the California parks? (Not all the way from Florida, of course.)

Glenn on February 15th, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Pam,

Thank you! Great article.

Glenn

desiree from MA on February 15th, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Im so happy! It is great that we can find sushi at different places now

Bill from NY on February 15th, 2011 at 6:59 pm

For me, having some great sushi at the Polynesian Resort’s Kona lounge is another fantastic sushi treat at the World.

Rachel from IL on February 15th, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I agree with Bill, Kona’s sushi is out of this world. And don’t forget they have packaged sushi downstairs at Captain Cook’s too. I love their spicy shrimp roll.

Pat on February 15th, 2011 at 7:17 pm

I just wish they delivered to Ohio. That looks yummy, and I’m hungry!

Amy from IL on February 15th, 2011 at 8:12 pm

YUM! So I’m wondering, in regards to the DDP, will a pickup box count as a snack or a counter meal? I would be delighted to gross out the rest of my family by having some delicious sushi while they are eating ice cream! LOL! Probably too much to hope for that it will count as a snack, I suppose:)

Jessica on February 15th, 2011 at 8:22 pm

We are huge sushi fans & were so excited to eat at Tokyo dining in Epcot in 2009. We figured they would have the best!! Was very good, but was very surprised that our local Japanese restaurant, Fuji, in Oxford Alabama is still hands down the best we’ve had!

Michelle from PA on February 15th, 2011 at 9:43 pm

The Kona lounge does their sushi to go-love it-can’t wait till June.

Lisa on February 16th, 2011 at 12:34 am

Yummy! Yummy! I love sushi especially with WASHABI. My favourite is eel sushi.
Looking forward to tasting them in Shangha Disneyland soon.

Erin from RI on February 16th, 2011 at 7:55 am

I think some vegetable rolls will be eaten by my family this coming week. They are pure energy and yummyness! Thanks for the insight into the new locations.

Erin from RI on February 16th, 2011 at 7:57 am

Will Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant be open this coming week?

Megan on February 27th, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I’d also love to have some good fresh sushi available in Disneyland/Disney’s California Adventure. Sushi is so popular I think it would do really well as a dining option in the parks.