Disneyland Monorail

Faces of Germany at Epcot

posted on February 23rd, 2011 by Gene Duncan, Photographer, Walt Disney World Resort

I love strolling through World Showcase at Epcot. There’s just nothing like stepping from country to country…becoming completely immersed in each unique culture through its architecture, entertainment, food, merchandise and the many friendly Cast Members who are happy to tell you about their homelands. This week, I wandered into the charming, old-world country of Germany, and was intrigued with the many whimsical details that help create the “face” of this historic place. And as I share a few of the snapshots I took there, my hope is that you enjoy the journey as much as I did…

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Colin on February 23rd, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Can’t wait to visit Epcot again in May. didn’t spend much time there on my last trip. Big mistake. Really looking forward to exploring every little detail of Future World and the World Showcase!

William on February 23rd, 2011 at 12:24 pm

awesome now do it for all the other countries!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly on February 23rd, 2011 at 12:27 pm

The last time I was there was 26 years ago and I loved it! Still looks great!

Janet on February 23rd, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Thank you for this lovely video. It brought back lots of fun memories for me. And especially the memory of getting one of the dolls for my mother and the artist signed it. My mother absolutely loved the doll and since she is no longer alive, I look at that doll and think of my mother.

Mary Ann on February 23rd, 2011 at 12:45 pm

We’ve always loved visiting Germany on our trips to Epcot! My husband is originally from Germany. My kids still have their Engel Puppen and photos with Heir Engel while we were there! They also remember the fabulous Goulash soup that you could buy outside the restaurant. My youngest was there recently on her honeymoon and said that they no longer sell it! She was disappointed! We also miss the regular restaurant that used to be there, rather than the buffet that really isn’t German food, as my husband says!
Love talking to the people who work there especially in their native tongue!!

theresa from NC on February 23rd, 2011 at 12:54 pm

after seeing this I need a beer and get that HIPPY 60′s piggy bank

Lisa on February 23rd, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I love the Germany Pavilion and the Biergarten Restaurant! They have a wonderful buffet of German dishes and several I wish I had the recipe for. Plus the show is funny and entertaining.

pam from OK on February 23rd, 2011 at 1:11 pm

That was wonderful! Yes, please do it for the other countries too! :o)

Kimberly from MA on February 23rd, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I’m a photographer too, and when I go to WDW I take over 1000 photos!! People think I’m insane, but I put together beautiful scrap books. Your photos here gave me a great idea for my next trip. Instead of taking pictures of entire buildings or landscapes, focus on the little details no one really sees, unless you are looking for them. I would have a whole new view of my favorite place to be!!!

Elizabeth on February 23rd, 2011 at 1:26 pm

So sad to see that the Hummels are gone.

Jud on February 23rd, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Beautifully done! BUT!!! You left out the most wonderful thing in Germany- the magnificent relief carving behind the register! I love that!

Tim from NC on February 23rd, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Thank you, it brought back a lot of memories. Sometimes we get in such a rush we forget to stand back and look what’s around you. Epcot is my favorite park, when I’m there in a few weeks I’m going to make it a point to go in every country and explore.

Iris from MI on February 23rd, 2011 at 8:33 pm

It was so much fun to visit “Germany” in January. The cast members were so happy this time around and the new candy shop was amazing!

Iris from MI on February 23rd, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Oh I forgot, you chose the music from “The Third Man” – That’s Austria. But none the less, it is fun to hear…

Tonya from GA on February 27th, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Great pics…but you forgot the TRAINS!!!! We watch those trains for hours with our son. So much detail in that area. Thanks for the pics!