'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

Mickey and Dumbo Take Flight at Disney Parks!

posted on February 2nd, 2011 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

Have you ever wished that you could have your favorite characters, attractions or icons all together in one image? This year, many of you will have the chance to make this wish come true. One of the newest programs to hit our stores at the Disneyland Resort and Magic Kingdom features many of Disney’s beloved characters taking part in everyday guest experiences on attractions such as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, The Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Alice in Wonderland, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan’s Flight and Splash Mountain.

Mickey and Dumbo Take Flight at Disney Parks

Product Developer Summer Bloomfield said she had fun seeing some of the concepts come to life in this art work.

“I think there’s a little something for everyone in the image,” Summer said. “I really hope that our guests love it as much as I do. When I look at it, I instantly think of special memories I’ve had in the park with my family, the attractions we always have to go on and the characters that we have to see.”

Dumbo and Mickey Merchandise

The Mickey and Dumbo program will feature a variety of items, including adult and kid’s apparel, hats, mugs, frames, ornaments and totes. You can find this new line at Disney Showcase or World of Disney Store at the Disneyland Resort and the Emporium in Magic Kingdom, among other locations.

A few of my personal favorites include the umbrella, the four-pack of sticky notes and anything tie-dye.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

26 Comments 1 Reply

Amanda on February 2nd, 2011 at 1:14 pm

That looks awesome!!! I love it!! And I love Disney tie-dye t-shirts; they’re some of my favorites! Will it be available at the Disney online store too? I sure hope so! :)

Cecia on February 2nd, 2011 at 1:49 pm

New magical moments continue! :D

Jennifer from TX on February 2nd, 2011 at 2:07 pm

YAY! Can’t wait to get mine this Summer!

amanda from CA on February 2nd, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Love this! Can’t wait for our Disneyland trip. Will be picking up something for everyone. Has something for everyone, no matter who your favorite ride or character is.

CHRISTINE on February 2nd, 2011 at 2:20 pm

So glad to see this on merchandise. I have a few collector items from the 80′s that have the same idea of characters riding rides in the park and it’s exciting to see the same thing done again on new stuff.

John from FL on February 2nd, 2011 at 2:20 pm

That explains why Mickey riding Dumbo is projected on Cinderella Castle during THE MAGIC, THE MEMORIES, AND YOU!

Lisa on February 2nd, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I love the design! I’ll be making my purchase this summer.

Fred from CA on February 2nd, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Very cool artwork.

I like how the image includes the upcoming Little Mermaid ride.

Penny on February 2nd, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I got my Tshirt with this logo at Disneyland on New Year’s Day, and I LOVE it! I get to sport my favorite place and characters whenever I wish I was at Disneyland… which is every day, of course! So cute!

Tami from CA on February 2nd, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Really, really cute stuff!!! Please, please, please…don’t forget the towels!!!!! These designs would look so great as one of your towels!!!

Michelle Harker on February 2nd, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Tami,
You’re in luck! We made towels with this graphic. I’m sure you’ll love them.

Jack on February 2nd, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Even better would be to occasionally see some of our favorite characters actually riding a few of the attractions! My daughter still talk about seeing Goofy on the Rockets and Alice on the Merry-Go-Round.

Robert on February 2nd, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Michelle I love this artwork. A friend is going to the parks soon and I’ve asked her to bring me back a shirt! I was wondering for that large image, is there any chance of getting a computer wallpaper-sized copy of that image? It sure would look great on my laptop!

Gina from OR on February 2nd, 2011 at 3:17 pm

This is an awesome design! I would like to see more items that it is available on. Definitely need to get me a T-shirt.

Troy on February 2nd, 2011 at 3:18 pm

LOVE the new design. Absolutely wonderful!! Great to see a classic character like Dumbo get center stage. Additionally it is great to see Nemo, Stitch (one of my all time favorite Disney characters!!), The Incredibles, Alice, Pinnochio and more mixed in. My husband and I will be at Disneyland in just over a week. Looks like we are we going shopping! =)

Shaun from IN on February 2nd, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Super cool! BTW..Michelle…you have the best job ever!

Sarah on February 2nd, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I really love this artwork and can’t wait to see the new merchandise when we visit the park again in May. What makes it special in a personal way is that when we visited DLR for the first time last Oct., my children’s souvenirs were a stuffed Mickey and a stuffed Dumbo. How great that these icons, their friends, are together this way!

Brooke on February 2nd, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Ooh, how cool! I may just need to get something with that on it when I come to Disneyland in October! Dumbo’s been my favorite my whole life, so I always love to see him showcased! And who doesn’t love Mickey? It’s perfect!

Kirsten on February 3rd, 2011 at 12:21 am

I’m totally buying Post-It notes to stick all over my student’s papers :)

Lori on February 3rd, 2011 at 4:57 am

Please make these designs in adult plus size as well. We visited last Halloween. The design with the characters in costume were only available in children size. This “big” kid loves this type of T-shirt.

Stephen from IL on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Are there any images of the WDW design? There are several DL specific images in this one, so I can’t wait to see the WDW version! I’m already making room for the hoodie.

Suzanne on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I love all of your merchandise and decorations every year I come to Disneyland! You never disappoint me! :)

Ashley from CA on February 3rd, 2011 at 4:16 pm

I love the designs! Especially the castle shirt!

By any chance, do you think DelivEARs sell these also?

Brent on February 3rd, 2011 at 8:37 pm

No love for Indy or Space?

Alexis on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:41 pm

I’m with Jack. I miss the characters actually interacting on the attractions. I miss the Mad Hatter on the Tea Cups.

Theodore on February 4th, 2011 at 5:51 pm

So do they have it in pin form or just a poster? Because those are two things I’d personally love to own.

troy on February 6th, 2011 at 1:40 am

I agree, if I actually got to see the characters on the rides I would be totes in, on this stuff. Now days it seems like they’re always in pre-approved places, not just out and about. (the good ol’ days)