Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Attraction Poster

Bob Iger Interview Kicks Off New ‘Destination: Disney’ Series

posted on March 23rd, 2011 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

As regular readers know, we love talking about the “Disney Difference” here on the Disney Parks Blog. That’s why we’re thrilled to tell you about a new video series debuting today on Disney Online that’ll be doing just that – offering an inside look at things that’ll likely have you saying, “Only Disney can do that.” While filming the series, host Samantha Brown had the opportunity to sit down with President and Chief Executive Officer of the Walt Disney Company Bob Iger to talk about the Disney Dream cruise ship and how the AquaDuck came to be.

The first episode of the “Destination: Disney” series featuring Innovation and Technology on the Disney Dream can be viewed on Disney Online.

Filed: Disney Cruise Line, Disney Differences

Kathryn from PA on March 23rd, 2011 at 11:04 am

Thank you to Bob Iger and ALL the Disney Cast Members that provide the promise of happiness for us. Our vacations would not be the same without you!

Jaime on March 23rd, 2011 at 11:20 am

I love Samantha Brown!!!

Kristian on March 23rd, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Bob, your trousers are a little short. Did you wash them on a high heat?

Carole from FL on March 23rd, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Dear Mr. Iger,
It was very nice to listen to your voice and hear the “dreams” Yes, that Aquaduck is an awesome idea for your new ship. Just awesome. Everything you folks touch turns to gold. America thrives on happy and your the “HAPPY” in our lives.

April 17-21 we are taking our Son, Wife and Grandchild age 6 on your DREAM for the 4 nighter. (25 days left but who’s counting)
We are ages 68 & 74 and sailed the Wonder once so we know what is to come BUT………..it is a first for the son, wife and child and NOW WE GET TO GO AGAIN AND RELISH THEIR FACES IN PURE PLEASURE. Our son and family are Disney nuts anyhow. This is a DREAM COME TRUE to hubby and myself to share in their pleasure. got 2 aft cabins on deck 9 and this Grandma……..Is going on the Aquaduck !!!
It’s on my bucket list!

And by the way Sir…………….that picture you took from your cell phone a month ago as you left Castaway Cay was awesome…thank you for sharing it with us public.

and…..THANK YOU for hearing my many, many, many time entries to maintain your signature 7 note horn.
That is your best horn sound and as you enter Ports that and that alone says, ” HERE I COME AND I AM DISNEY”
GOD BLESS YOU AND ALL YOUR PEOPLE.

SINCERELY,
GRANDMA CAROLE IN pORT ST. LUCIE, FL.

BONITA from TN on March 23rd, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Neat story, but I was expecting a story about the painting that we bought in EPCOT titled AQUADUCK.

Pik Teng on March 24th, 2011 at 1:28 am

Grandma Carole’s comment brought tears to my eyes.

LINDA from FL on March 24th, 2011 at 5:35 pm

IN MY LIFE I HAVE BEEN ON MOST OF THE MAJOR CRUISE LINES. THE DISNEY LINE BLOWS THEM ALL AWAY. WE WENT WITHOUT CHILDREN AND IT WAS ACTUALLY MORE ADULT TIME THEN ON REGULAR CRUISES. THE KIDS AT ONE POOL OR BEACH THE ADULTS ON THE OTHER. THEY DO THE BEST JOB OF ANY WITH THEIR KIDS CLUB. TREAT YOURSELF TO THE BEST; IT’S WORTH THE TRIP.

Rene on March 25th, 2011 at 9:44 am

I have clicked on the Disney Online link above and although it takes me to the website, I cannot find the Samantha Brown video. Does anyone know where to find it?

Sean on March 26th, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Um, Thomas, Bob Iger is President and CEO of the Walt Disney Company NOT the Walt Disney World Company. I’m sure that was just a typo ;-)

Lisa on April 1st, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Indeed, Disney represents a kind of dream to me.
Shanghai Disney, please come to me as soon as possible.
When will Disney cruise line ship to Shanghai?