Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Stretch Painting

Fairy Spotted at Epcot

posted on March 8th, 2011 by Gene Duncan, Photographer, Walt Disney World Resort

Fairy Spotted at Epcot by Gene Ducan

As I walked past the Norway Pavilion at Epcot last week, I spotted two young sisters who had just enjoyed breakfast with the Disney princesses at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. The younger of the two sisters was channeling her inner “Belle” from head to almost toe (she smartly opted for sneakers over heels) in a beautiful gold dress, shimmering tiara, locket and pin. The older sister, positively radiant in a green Tinker Bell outfit, seemed to be in a world of her own – a ballerina dancing to a soundtrack only she could hear. As she twirled in front of me, I looked down to see the most magical of shadows. But was this the shadow of a little girl? Or an enchanted fairy flitting by? Some enchanted morning indeed…

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Jeff on March 8th, 2011 at 9:38 am

Outstanding! You’ve captured a bit of the magic in this photo. It is my new background.

Lesley on March 8th, 2011 at 9:44 am

This is one of the best pictures and stories I have seen. So sweet.

John from MA on March 8th, 2011 at 9:45 am

Stunning! Thank you for sharing.

Lindsay from NY on March 8th, 2011 at 9:54 am

This is so great! I wish I were a little girl again to experience Disney through an “I am going to be a princess when I grow up” kind of perspective. I can’t wait to take my four year old niece on her first trip to Disney this year! I hope she believes as much as I do that Disney really is a magical place where lifetime memories are made and remembered.

Michelle from CA on March 8th, 2011 at 10:35 am

Odd.

Looks like a pixie to me, as Tinker Bell is a pixie, not a fairy. Not even a “tinker fairy”, that’s non-canon.

Laurie from AL on March 8th, 2011 at 10:48 am

A very magical photograph!!!

iliana on March 8th, 2011 at 10:48 am

Disney is truly a magical place! As an avid Disney visitor and fan, I can really say that each and every time I have visited any of the magical parks I have always experienced something new and exciting. How totally brilliant Mr. Disney and all the people that have put forth efforts to create and maintain these wonderful places for us all to be able visit and enjoy. I feel that in your photo you have captured one of those special moments that we all commit to memory and continue talking about and remembering throughout our lifetime! It definitely brought back a few memories of my own! Thanks!

Jennifer on March 8th, 2011 at 11:52 am

I want your job!!

Cynthia from MO on March 8th, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Some of us truly never grow up!!! Just for this very reason…

Bea on March 8th, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Wonderful photo! Nice to hear of these two little girls enjoying a magical day.

Marshall on March 9th, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Now that is what Disney parks are all about, thanks for sharing such a wonderful story!

Maureen on March 10th, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I’m Highly impressed with your creative writing and magical story. You must start writing for Disney Corporate. They should pay you to walk around ..capture a magical moment of the day and share it on their web site as a daily Blog.. I think it would create a whole nother venue of an audience that would want to book a trip to Disney World. You captured the magic in a simplistic photo with an extra ordinary story that all of us could relate too! I’d be glad to be hired to take the pictures as you wrote the story. I have so many magical moments of all the years I have of my daughter growing up and going to Disney World from age 9 – 20 nearly every year we have been there since. She is there now and was a cast member at The Grand Floridian last summer and hopes to go back this summer to work. We will both be down at The Beach and Yacht Club Resort on March 30 to April 3rd again,this month. Her name Ashley of Loyola University in Chicago.

Maureen on March 10th, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I’m Highly impressed with your creative writing and magical story. You must start writing for Disney Corporate. They should pay you to walk around ..capture a magical moment of the day and share it on their web site as a daily Blog.. I think it would create a whole nother venue of an audience that would want to book a trip to Disney World. You captured the magic in a simplistic photo with an extra ordinary story that all of us could relate too! I’d be glad to be hired to take the pictures as you wrote the story. I have so many magical moments of all the years I have of my daughter growing up and going to Disney World from age 9 – 20 nearly every year we have been there since. She is there now and was a cast member at The Grand Floridian last summer and hopes to go back this summer to work. We will both be down at The Beach and Yacht Club Resort on March 30 to April 3rd again,this month. Her name Ashley Rae Weber of Loyola University in Chicago. As you can see we are in Love with Disney World and I am a 50 year old child that still has never grown up as well as my 20 year old daughter. Guess we should fly to Neverland forever.

Yolanda on March 14th, 2011 at 8:00 am

Faith, Trust, and Pixiedust! Love It!