Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Looking and Running Like a Real-Life Disney Princess

posted on March 1st, 2011 by Darrell Fry, Sports Media Director, Walt Disney World

Part of the beauty of Disney’s Princess Half Marathon at Walt Disney World Resort is the array of colorful costumes and outfits worn by the runners in the event every year. Last weekend’s race was all about bringing out your inner princess and a lot of runners took that to heart by dressing like their favorite Disney princess. Even some of the guys who ran in the race got into the fun.

Check out this video that showcases how so many runners showed off the princess within them.

Filed: Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Ashley on March 1st, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I really want to do this next year!

Mary on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I had a Magical time running it. I also ran Family Fun 5k with my daughter, we both had a wonderful time. I’ll be back!

Ashley on March 2nd, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Getting engaged to Prince Charming in front of the Castle at mile 6 while dressed as Cinderella made this race a dream come true!

heidi on March 2nd, 2011 at 7:12 pm

this was my first race….EVER!!!! it was truly magical until the wall at mile 10 smacked me! haha! will be back next year! as always, disney never ceases to amaze me.

GEORGINA on March 2nd, 2011 at 7:20 pm

This was my first race and I did it with my daughter…we had such an amazing time!!! We already said we can’t wait to do it again next year!!! Great job Disney!!! Thank you for everyone that took part in it, it really helped hearing all the people cheer us on, it was incredible!!

Valerie on March 2nd, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I am soooo looking forward to running this next year to celbrate my 60th birthday!! Whoo-whoo!!

Kelly from OH on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:52 am

This was my first Half Marathon and I loved it!!! So much fun! Can’t wait for next year!

Elizabeth on March 3rd, 2011 at 11:31 am

I can’t wait to go back and run again! This was my first Disney race and I don’t know how I’ll ever be able to race anywhere else!! I hope to get a big group next year!!

Erin from RI on March 6th, 2011 at 11:17 am

BEST RACE EVER! I did the half along with my best 13,000 plus friends, the 5K with my 10 year old and the 1 mile with my 6 year old. It was spectacular! A must do for any family that loves Disney and being active. I will be back next year and can’t wait to hear the “announcement” they promised to make in April regarding a new race. “Just keep running, just keep running…” Thanks for the motivation Dory.

Ashley on March 8th, 2011 at 11:56 am

LOVEDDDD IT! first half marathon and we’ll be back again!