Mad Tea Party at Disneyland Park

New Star Tours Destinations to be Announced Soon

posted on March 29th, 2011 by Tom Fitzgerald, Executive VP & Senior Creative Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering

Star Tours Departure Board

Recently, we talked about the characters you’ll meet in Star Tours – The Adventures Continue. Since then, there’s been a lot of speculation about where we’ll meet those characters. Well, stay tuned. While the Star Tours Company does fly to many destinations (as you can see in the attached image – especially if you read Aurebesh) we’ll soon give you the flight list for our show!

For more information on Star Tours, see these previous updates:

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Chris on March 29th, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Neat-o! It’s cool that it is being updated, but will still feel “90′s-retro” since its a simulator.

Jeremiah on March 29th, 2011 at 2:17 pm

The first, third and sixth are Tatooine.

Second, fifth and eighth are Coruscant.

Forth and tenth are Endor

Seventh and ninth are Alderaan

Gabriela on March 29th, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Should I find it hilarious that the statuses for the Alderaan flights say “See Agent”??
Does that mean the ride will be taking place near or around the destruction of Alderaan, or is this a nice little Easter egg for fans?
Either way, I’m loving!

Fred from CA on March 29th, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I am really looking forward to the Star Tours-The Adventures Continue!

Thanks again for these updates Tom. They are really getting me excited!

Leslie from CA on March 29th, 2011 at 4:21 pm

@Gabriela & Jeremiah:
Most impressive

Are you protocol droids?

William on March 29th, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Thanks for making me look up Aurebesh! Lots of fun, I can’t believe I hadn’t done it sooner. Not to hard to sight read it after a few tries (knowing it’s all spaceport terms and know what to expect.) Can’t wait for opening day!

Doug on March 29th, 2011 at 4:43 pm

@Leslie – some of us have just spent too long (a) studying Galactic Basic or (b) generally breaking codes.

@Jeremiah – If you ARE a protocol droid, shouldn’t they be using Orenth for the ‘oo’ in Tatooine?

Jeremiah on March 29th, 2011 at 4:47 pm

@Leslie I am not that fluent, but I do scare myself some times!!!

Douglas from MS on March 29th, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Maybe Run Disney should write out the details of its new race in Aurebesh so Jeremiah and Gabriela could tell us what it is going to be! Nice work, guys!

Eric on March 29th, 2011 at 4:56 pm

And the two Endor flights are “Delayed.” Something tells me Rex is still on the payroll somewhere. :)

Aaron from FL on March 29th, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Rumor has it from a cast member this past weekend that there are 54 new destinations…

John from FL on March 29th, 2011 at 5:22 pm

For all of you wondering what the titles of the destinations are, they are as follows:
1) Tatooine
2) Coruscant
3) Tatooine
4) Endor
5) Coruscant
6) Tatooine
7) Alderaan
8) Coruscant
9) Alderaan
10) Endor

And yes, I spent a while figuring that out.
John C.
MouseTimes

BJ on March 29th, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Good gravy, I must be the only one who would need a Star Wars C-3PO themed decoder ring to translate all the oddball written language details in the new Star Tours queue!

BJ

Jeremiah on March 29th, 2011 at 6:53 pm

John if you would have looked at my post, it would have saved you some time.

Fred from CA on March 29th, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Tom–
You really know how to whet people’s appetites! As always, I am really looking forward to your next post!

William on March 29th, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I like the “1138″. I saw the numbers and I new that if it’s Star Wars related, that number will be there.

Roberto on March 29th, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Oh NO! My flight is delayed!

John from FL on March 29th, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Oh, I know, but I spent all that time before checking that I wanted to post it anyway.

Ashley on March 29th, 2011 at 11:36 pm

I’m SO sad – we are in WDW may 11-18th! we’re missing the new ride by just TWO days! bummer.
Are they planning to do any sort of “soft opening” like I’ve heard of for past new attractions? Fingers crossed that they are and we’re lucky enough to get in ;)

Timothy from SD on March 29th, 2011 at 11:45 pm

I’ll be at Walt Disney World during the week right before Star Tours’ scheduled grand re-opening. Arrrrgh! I sure hope there’ll be some soft openings! Please?

Michael on March 30th, 2011 at 9:06 am

Actually, I believe Disney stated that there are 54 different “experiences.” My guess is that there are 8 distinct destinations and each “experience” is a combination of 3 destinations as per the videos released earlier. There are 54 ways to combine those 8 destinations into an “experience.”

As for the board, my guess is Endor is “delayed” since that was the original Star Tours ride and we are all “delayed” as we wait for the new ride to open. And yeah, Alderaan is probably listing “see agent” as an inside joke since it isn’t there anymore.

ryan from FL on March 30th, 2011 at 12:20 pm

awwww no Hoth?

Jane from Cornwall on March 30th, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I’ll be there for the opening!!! I can not wait – I’ve never been lucky enough to be in Disney for the offical opening of anything new before!!
I love the previous posts guys – good work! =)

Jason on March 30th, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Should swap out Endor for Hoth. Hopefully we won’t see ewoks :-p

David on March 31st, 2011 at 2:01 pm

And just in case you were having trouble reading the status messages, they are from top to bottom:

Gate Change