Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios

‘Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides – Sneak Peek’ Coming Soon to Disneyland Park

posted on March 15th, 2011 by Michele Himmelberg, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

If you’re looking forward to the new adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow in “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” then you won’t want to miss the exciting new pirate experience coming to Disneyland park. Beginning March 25, you can join Jack and a crew of rowdy pirates for a Disneyland park-exclusive, extended 3D film sequence – a sneak peek of the new movie (opening May 20).

'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' Exclusive 3D Sneak Peek

It’ll be “all hands on deck” as park guests take on the role of pirates and enter Festival Arena to “set sail” for high adventure with Captain Jack and many of the new Pirate stars in the unique, immersive 3D film experience, featuring a scene from the new movie. Look for “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides – Sneak Peek” on weekend nights from March 25 to May 30, and seven nights a week from April 15 through May 1.

Check the Disneyland park Show Times Guide for nightly sailing times, and get ready for a rollicking good time filled with action, suspense and laughter.

It’s fun for the whole family – and it’s only at Disneyland park!

Are any of you scallywags out there excited to join Jack’s crew?

You can follow the film on Facebook and Twitter to find out more about the upcoming Disney Pictures release “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.”

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Brian from CA on March 15th, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Jack is back! So is expirence is combo the elecTRONica preview and Family Fun Weekends?

Michele Himmelberg on March 15th, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Hi Brian, This “sneak peek” is a nighttime experience, with several shows a night. Guests will enter Festival Arena, see the show and exit back into the park. Family Fun Weekends featured day time entertinment and activities.

Connie from CA on March 15th, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Will there be a red carpet premiere like in the past??

Debra from CA on March 15th, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Too Cool- I’m so there!!!!

Fred from CA on March 15th, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Very cool!

Will Jack Sparrow be making appearances on Tom Sawyer Island again?

Michele Himmelberg on March 15th, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Hi Fred, Look for Jack Sparrow and another Pirates star at the nightly show. We’ll have more details soon about their appearances during the day in Disneyland park.

Margaret from CA on March 15th, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Cool……..BUT: do we have to buy a $14 “picnic lunch” to get a seat?

Debra from CA on March 15th, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I don’t see times on the link you posted for schedule? so what would be the time?

Michele Himmelberg on March 15th, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Hi Debra, the show times will be posted closer to March 25. The first show will begin at dark. I’m glad you’re excited to join Jack’s crew!

Melinda on March 15th, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Is Disneyland closed early May 5th for said Red Carpet? =)

Loren from CA on March 15th, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Yes, will there be character meet-and-greet opportunities during this time? Jack Sparrow or other pirates? Please say yes. :)

Michele Himmelberg on March 15th, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Yes! The meet and greets will be during the day. Stay tuned for details.

Debra from CA on March 15th, 2011 at 6:20 pm

I’m with Loren. Will there be character meet-and-greet opportunities during this time? Jack Sparrow or other pirates? Please say yes :)!!!

carlie on March 15th, 2011 at 7:40 pm

For the last movie I was lucky enough to attend the premier because I purchased a charity ticket for the Make a Wish Foundation. Will you be doing anything like that again for this new movie? I would again be interested in attending and donating.

Andrea on March 15th, 2011 at 8:24 pm

are you saying that if we are there on March 25th we can meet Johnny Depp aka Jack Sparrow?

Debra from CA on March 15th, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Michele- Thank you for answering our questions and. It is really appreciated. Look forward to the updates :)

Julie on March 16th, 2011 at 6:28 am

Sooo excited. Coming from Australia. Knew we were missing out on the parade but thought, not to worry, there is so much out at Disneyland. And now this. WOW!!! I wont sleep tonight. WOW!!!
I’ll be a crew member.

sylvia on March 16th, 2011 at 11:00 am

will the new film “pirates of the caribbean, on stranger tides” be shown on the new disney dream ship.
my husband and i will be cruising on the 8th may for 4-nights and would love to see this in 3D whilst at sea……..that’d be real cooooool!!!!!

love your blog

Lori from CA on March 16th, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I’m very excited for this experience. Should be alot of fun.
Thanks

Andrea on March 16th, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Can someone answer my previous question please

Fred from CA on March 16th, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Andrea–
I have a feeling that it will be Jack Sparrow the character, and not Johnny Depp.

Andrea on March 16th, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Thanks Fred

Ken on March 18th, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Michele,
I would very much like to come out and attend the premiere of POTC 4. Have heard in the past if you made a donation to the Make A Wish foundation that you could get a ticket to get in and see it. I would like to do that, but need to know when the event is so I may make travel plans and how I would go about making to donation and getting the ticket. I am an avid player of the Pirates of the Caribbean online game. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Carol on March 22nd, 2011 at 1:43 am

Hello. My family and I will be in Disneyland on from Friday, May 13 to Monday, May 16. I just wanted to be sure that we will be able to see the preview on that date. Nothing is posted on the Disneyland Parks calender yet for those dates.

Thank you.

Debra from CA on March 22nd, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I was planning on going this friday but yet no schedule posted yet? Please let us know soon :) Thank you!

Kelsey on March 23rd, 2011 at 12:30 am

Cool, I’ll be there Friday to check it out! Will there be dancing like at ElecTRONica? Pirates like to shake their ‘booty’:)

Maria from CA on March 23rd, 2011 at 3:52 am

Carol, looks like you’ll be a week too late. There’s a “special event” message posted on the Park Hours calendar for May 7th however. That looks to be the date of said “premiere”. (it will probably won’t be officially posted though) It was exactly that date 4 years ago for POTC: At World’s End.

Ashley on March 24th, 2011 at 6:16 pm

How lucky are Disneyland fans!?! Wish we had something like this at WDW. Can’t wait to hear more about it when people start going! Ashley from Mama of All Trades