Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Sounds Like Summer Concert Series at Epcot Begins June 12

posted on March 28th, 2011 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Sounds Like Summer Concert Series at Epcot

How about we kick off this week with a look at what’s to come at Epcot? This summer, we’ll be offering great tunes at the park from some of the world’s best tribute bands during the Sounds Like Summer Concert Series. It all happens at the open-air America Gardens Theatre in World Showcase beginning in June, and this year, we’re featuring a lineup of bands playing tribute to tunes from U2, The Bee Gees, Janet Jackson, Bon Jovi and others. Here’s the schedule:

• Hotel California – A Salute to the Eagles, 6/12-18/11
  • Stayin’ Alive – A Tribute to the Bee Gees, 6/19-25/11
  • Slippery When Wet – The Ultimate Bon Jovi Tribute, 6/26-7/2/11
  • Little Queen – The Music of Heart, 7/3-9/11
  • Frontiers – A Tribute to Journey, 7/10-16/11
  • Karin Lawson – A Tribute to Janet Jackson, 7/17-23/11
  • 2U – A Tribute to U2, 7/24-30/11

Epcot concert times are 5:45 p.m., 7:00 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. However, on July 4, the times will be 5:15 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:45 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. And of course, entertainment is subject to change without notice. So, who are you looking forward to hearing this summer?

Filed: Epcot, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Chris on March 28th, 2011 at 11:46 am

These concerts are GREAT! I am especially excited about the Heart and Joruney tribute bands. Two of my all time favorite bands from the 80′s! Can’t wait to hear more about what we can look forward to this summer! :)

Traci on March 28th, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I wish I were going to be there 6/26-7/2/11! I would love to see the Bon Jovi Tribute! I would love the U2 Tribute also! For those of you who will be there: HAVE FUN!

Kevin on March 28th, 2011 at 12:16 pm

The past two visits to EPCOT in the past decade I’ve had to chance to see the ACTUAL Hermans Hermits and the ACTUAL Gary Puckett and the Union Gap. This tribute band business is disappointing.

Joao on March 28th, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Last year, Bon Jovi tribute band was awsome! This year, I’m gonna get Journey tribute band. Can’t wait untill July.

Sean on March 28th, 2011 at 12:26 pm

WOOOOO!!!!! The Heart band will be awesome!! I’m biased, since I’m in the band. :) :) :) I *WISH* we could be there all season long to see the others — I’d love to see the Journey and Bon Jovi tributes the most (I’m a child of the 80′s)! If you guys are there during the July 4th / Little Queen series, please come up and introduce yourself — we’d love to meet you!

Sandi on March 28th, 2011 at 12:29 pm

This sounds so exciting. My family & I are hoping to return to WDW this summer to sing & dance along. All the line ups sound great maybe you can find an “Earth, Wind & Fire” sound alike group or maybe the original could perform at EPCOT? They would fit in perfectly and if you need an announcer, I’m a radio dj in Maryland that would love to help. It’s one of my wishes :) Keep that MAGIC going.

Carol on March 28th, 2011 at 2:28 pm

@ Sean – I will be there for the 4th series. It sounds like lots of fun. Hope to see you perform.

Joel on March 28th, 2011 at 4:56 pm

THE BEE GEES!!! Why you ask??? Because YOU SHOULD BE DANCING!!!!!

Justin on March 28th, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I was in an Aerosmith tribute band that performed a week at this series in 2006, and they were some of the best shows we ever played!

Nancy on March 28th, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I’ve seen the Bee Gees tribute the past 2 years and they were awesome! I’m sorry I’ll miss them this year. I will be checking out Hotel California this time.