Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from Disneyland Resort Paris

The Disney Dream Ship Horn Delights Guests with Six Familiar Melodies

posted on March 9th, 2011 by Jonathan Frontado, Disney Cruise Line

There’s something magical about a Disney Cruise Line ship. Whether it’s the elegant design reminiscent of classic 1920s and 1930s ocean liners or the subtle touches of Disney whimsy sprinkled throughout, our guests love the uniqueness of the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder and Disney Dream. And, there’s nothing more unique than the ships’ horns.

In particular, the Disney Dream features six different melodies. During our energetic deck parties and upon departure from a port of call, the horn loudly resounds – getting everyone excited for the voyage ahead.

Are you wondering which six songs the Disney Dream horn plays? Even if you haven’t sailed on the newest addition to our fleet yet, you can hear them all today in this special video we created just for you…click below to listen!

Which melody is your favorite?

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Kim on March 9th, 2011 at 9:36 am

My favorite is #5, since My whole wedding and marriage have been intertwined with Cinderella and WDW. Planning on hearing those in person in 2012 for my 10th anniversary!!!

Chris on March 9th, 2011 at 9:42 am

I would have to vote for Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee as my favorite. All the other songs we hear time and time again, but that is one of the cutest Disney songs that I rarely hear. :)

Gwen on March 9th, 2011 at 9:42 am

I love it!!!

matt from AL on March 9th, 2011 at 9:45 am

Your on the water so “Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me”!

Jaymie from NE on March 9th, 2011 at 9:48 am

I LOVE them all ~ but “Be Our Guest” is pretty impressive! =)

Shannon on March 9th, 2011 at 10:06 am

Oh, that is so wonderful. Can’t wait to hear it in person.

Dean from WI on March 9th, 2011 at 10:07 am

Ok.. Thats awesome!!! “When you wish upon a star” is classic, but for this ship – “A dream is a wish your heart makes” is perfect!

Alecia from LA on March 9th, 2011 at 10:26 am

Pretty cool. I’ve only sailed on the Magic, so “When You Wish Upon A Star” is my favorite. There are no words to describe the feeling you get when that horn plays and you realize that your wish to sail with Disney is coming true.

Melissa from OH on March 9th, 2011 at 10:37 am

I love them all, my daughter and I are planing a cruise in July 2012, so we watch lots of videosand the horn battles are her fav. but I must say i like Yo Ho Yo Ho It’s a Pirates life…. Can’t wait to enjoy the Dream in 2012..

kathleen from MA on March 9th, 2011 at 11:35 am

i still Love “when you wish upon a star”, but i look forward to hearing the new ones in person in december 2011. as for the horn battles, i have seen the magic participate and win!

Sue on March 9th, 2011 at 12:32 pm

love them all but #5 always a classic. Can’t wait too hear them in June 2012 on our cruise we just booked. We will see Disney World in 9 days!

Lisa from CA on March 9th, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I like the “Yo Ho Pirates” one the best. I wish they would have done the “Who’s the Leader of the Club that’s made for you and Me?!”

Jennifer from IN on March 9th, 2011 at 1:33 pm

“When You Wish Upon A Star”! I got tears and chills down my spine every time I heard it while onboard the Magic for our honeymoon in Oct. 98 (Inaugural Year) and the Wonder in 2009! And it’s my ring tone on my cell phone. : )

Courtney on March 9th, 2011 at 1:39 pm

“Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates Life For Me!” I love that one! But, my favorite has to be the classic, “When You Wish Upon A Star”

Christopher from MA on March 9th, 2011 at 2:18 pm

When You Wish Upon A Star is the original and still my favorite ! It was great to hear on the Magic and Wonder.

Jennie from WA on March 9th, 2011 at 2:18 pm

yo ho!!

Erin on March 9th, 2011 at 2:23 pm

My favorite is the forever classic, When you Wish Upon A Star… Classic Disney, Classic Memory-Making song!

James from WA on March 9th, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Pick one?! When we buy one admission ticket, we get all the rides with it. So I’m picking all the tunes!

barbara on March 9th, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Love all the horns especially when we were on the inaugural and met up with the Magic at Castaway Cay and had the battle of the horns. Felt sorry for the Magic only having one song, but the original is always the best. Hope they can top it on the inaugural on the Fantasy, it will be #50 on Disney for us!!!!

Ginger from FL on March 9th, 2011 at 2:45 pm

My absolute favorite was #5: “Yo Ho, Yo Ho, I Pirate’s Life for Me”
I also really liked #6 “A Dream is a Wish” and #4 “it’s a small world” Very well done Disney!!
I can’t wait to hear them in person when I cruise on the Dream In Jan 2012!!

Dana on March 9th, 2011 at 3:02 pm

When You Wish Upon a Star is the classic, and it’s my ringtone on my phone. I do like all the others, and I can’t make a decision now. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll make a decision on the August 12, 2011 sailing when I get to hear all of them.

Cindy on March 9th, 2011 at 3:44 pm

“yo ho, yo ho” get this family’s vote! My kids can’t wait to hear it in person next March (2012) We’re going to pick up our daddy/hubby in TX and sweep him away to the Dream to welcom him home from Iraq!! The excitement is making this year a lot easier to bear!

Peter from MA on March 9th, 2011 at 4:13 pm

When you wish upon a star.

bethany on March 9th, 2011 at 4:32 pm

yo yo ho a pirates life for me

MacLaren on March 9th, 2011 at 4:56 pm

We honeymooned on the Wonder and were totally surprised as the ship pulled out of Port Canaveral to hear the horn blast “When You Wish Upon a Star.” We burt out laughing. A great start to a Wonder-ful trip.

Chris on March 9th, 2011 at 5:47 pm

How cute is that? My faves would be Yo Ho and Small World. Same reason matt gave above…you’re on the water, so only natural. = )

Theodore from NS on March 9th, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Our Family loved this …. but the Cat freaked! Love it! Thanks!

JOHN on March 9th, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Out of SIX new songs, they couldn’t do the Mickey Mouse March? The staple of every Disney song ever made. Come on Disney, get with the program.

Jennie on March 9th, 2011 at 7:51 pm

So hard to choose so I’m going to say Yo Ho and Be Our Guest.

Kamika on March 9th, 2011 at 7:51 pm

When You Wish Upon a Star is still my favorite. I can’t wait to hear it in person on April 28th!!!! :-)

Susan from VA on March 9th, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I like the songs but the tone of the songs is not right. I prefer the tone of the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder horn.

Tina on March 9th, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Impressive, I like them all but I’m impartial to Be Our Guest after my son was in a school production of Beauty and the Beast. Only 25 days until we hear them in person aboard the Dream. And I agree with the Mickey Mouse March, maybe that’s on the next ship.

Kenneth on March 9th, 2011 at 9:45 pm

I LOVE #5 YO-HO YO-HO A PIRATES LIFE FOR ME! I have to say after sailing on the Wonder, every time there was some announcement on board I heard, “when you wish upon a star.” Not to mention the ships horns. I know most Disney fan’s might disagree with me, but ANYTHING is better than that melody for the 30th time. If you didn’t already know this it’s played throughout the ships announcement system to get your attention that an announcement will be taking place. Anytime, “When you wish upon a star,” was played we would burst out in laughter because we couldn’t stand it any longer and you could not escape it. A pirates life for me would be pleasant, fun and far more appropriate for a Disney Cruise Line ship like the Dream. I welcome that tune! #5 all the way! (Sailing the Dream May 12th, 2011)

Manuel on March 9th, 2011 at 10:08 pm

This is wanderfull. It’s so much fun to hear them while on the ships and standing right next to it. Next: up-grade the Magic and The Wander (I assume The Fantasy will have the same horn technology). To me Wish up on a Star will always be in a special place, I guess it’s because it’s the first one I heard.

Jacquelin on March 9th, 2011 at 10:09 pm

My favorite is still “It’s a Small World After All” – mainly because it is such a small world. I also like “Yo Ho” I can see the pirate sitting on the bridge with his foot hanging down and swinging back and forth as the boat goes under the bridge.

Stefanie on March 9th, 2011 at 10:35 pm

YA YA YA YA!!!!! I SERIOUSLY JUST CRIED! I AM SO EXCITED TO GET ON THIS SHIP ON MAY 29TH AND SAIL AWAY! THIS WILL BE MY FIRST CRUISE! MY HUBBY BOOKED IT FOR ME FOR MY 30TH BIRTHDAY! I THINK I AM MORE EXCITED THAN THE KIDDOS!
SO AWESOME DISNEY! I LOVE YOU GUYS! KEEP UP THE WONDERFUL WORK!
STEFANIE
SANDY UTAH

Carole from FL on March 10th, 2011 at 7:36 am

GOOD MORNING D.C.L.
THE SELECTION OF HORNS ARE GREAT FUN…….BUT……….. STICK WITH, “WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR” AS YOUR LEAD HORN. IT’S NOTES RING OUT BEST AND NO MATTER WHERE YOU SAIL YOU LET OUT THOSE 7 NOTES AND YOU TOLD THE ENTIRE PORT, WE ARE HERE, WE ARE DISNEY CRUISE LINE AND WE ARE THE HAPPIEST SHIP ON THE SEA.

THEN PLAY THE OTHERS. YOU BEGAN WITH THOSE 7 NOTES AND TATTOOED THE MINDS OF EVERY PASSANGER FOR LIFE. WOULD YOU TAKE AWAY CINDERELLAS CASTLE? OR MICKEY’S EARS? THOSE 7 NOTES HAVE BLESSED YOUR FIRST 2 SHIPS, KEEP IT GOING. SEE YOU APRIL 17-21 AND I SINCERELY PRAY AS WE DEPART PORT CANAVERAL AND STAND ON THE TOP DECK THAT MY GRANDAUGHTER DOES HEAR THOSE 7 NOTES AS GRANDMA TOLD HER WAS NOW ONLY FOUND BEST ON THE SHIP.
GRANDMA CAROLE
PORT ST. LUCIE, FLORIDA

Dawn from MA on March 10th, 2011 at 10:22 am

When you wish upon a star is the best one!
We were on the Disney Magic for the 2nd part of our honeymoon back in 1999 and when i heard that horn and didn’t expect it, it gave me the biggest chills ever, i was so happy and i was tearing up!! It is the best one!!!

Lori from OH on March 10th, 2011 at 11:01 am

Sailled on the Dream this past Feb. I heard four songs out of the six. Missed Pirates Life and Actor’s Life. So cool to hear other songs, but even I admit the original is still, by far, the best!

Terry from MI on March 10th, 2011 at 12:56 pm

“When you wish upon a star” will always mean the Disney Cruise Line to me.

Janet on March 10th, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I guess I still like When you wish upon a star. But I do like the others, too.

Verna from VA on March 10th, 2011 at 7:05 pm

It has to be “WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR” at the Sanzo house. That is just Magical.

Janice from CA on March 14th, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I saw one say you hear many of these songs over and over again, Of course we do “when you wish upon a star” is all that Disney stands for! same as “a dream is a wish your heart makes” when I hear those songs at Disney I get choked up everytime! I can’t wait to sail on the Disney Dream! Im saving my money to take my son and I on this dream of a ship. And when it blows those songs I will probably get choked up again! Disney your parks are wonderful many of your movies are fantasic! when I want to escape the stress of life and work I go to somewhere where I can forget all my worries and become a child at heart I go to Disneyland where all my dreams come true! for a couple of days at least LOL

Elaine from FL on March 16th, 2011 at 6:59 am

“When You Wish Upon A Star” is my favorite. When I’m on the ship and I hear this I get so emotional! Love it!