Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Update: A Tweetup of Royal Proportions at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on April 14th, 2011 by Korri McFann, Worldwide Marketing & Business Development Director, Weddings & Honeymoons

Update – April 18: After reaching capacity in just a few short hours last week, we are reopening registration for the Royal Sleepover. If you would still like to join us for this event you can register here. Thank you for the overwhelming support- we can’t wait to celebrate with you!

A Tweetup of Royal Proportions at Walt Disney World Resort

I am thrilled to announce that Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons will be hosting the very first tweetup at the Walt Disney World Resort in honor of the Royal Wedding! Grab your best princess or prince attire – from wedding gowns to pajamas – and join us from 4 a.m. to 8 a.m. on April 29th, 2011, as we watch the Royal Wedding live at Disney’s Wedding Pavilion.

Cinderella’s Coach – which was made by Bennington Carriages, the same coach makers to the British Monarchy – will be available for pictures while guests enjoy an English-inspired breakfast. Come see our newly-released Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings jewels, complete with princess-inspired tiaras and the Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo collection of princess-inspired gowns. Of course, no sleepover would be complete without a fireworks grand finale behind Disney’s Wedding Pavilion.

Want to learn more? Check out Ever After for details and to RSVP for this event. Also, follow our hashtag, #DisneyRoyal on Twitter.

Please note, this event is open to the public and does not require park admission.

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort, Weddings & Honeymoons

William on April 14th, 2011 at 11:52 am

Great idea! Get all the little princesses together to watch a real royal wedding… It’s going to be too adorable!

Daniel from Scotland on April 14th, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Korri, I did not know that there was a royal wedding last year, you may like to check your dates on the post

Nikki from NJ on April 14th, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Awww, that is so adorable! What a fantastic idea! I can just see moms and dad, with their little girls dressed in their princess costumes, watching a real, live wedding of a new princess! A perfect fit for Disney!

Brian from CA on April 14th, 2011 at 9:55 pm

No pictures on any of my Windows XP with latest updates. Please Fix.

Hana on April 16th, 2011 at 4:05 am

Will there be pictures posted on here??
It will be so adorable and cute!! What an amazing event for families. Wish I could be there :)

Elizabeth from FL on April 18th, 2011 at 2:00 pm

When can we expect a confirmation e-mail? I registered the first time this was posted, but have not received anything yet.

Elizabeth from FL on April 18th, 2011 at 2:03 pm

It also seems that this will now be a larger event with outdoor seating? Will indoor seating be first come first served? One last question…what time will parking and shuttles begin (since no shuttle was mentioned the first time.) I really thought it sounded nicer as the original smaller event.

Debbie on April 18th, 2011 at 2:04 pm

What a magical way to celebrate this event. I wish I was going to be there. Have a great time to all those lucky enough to attend.

Barbara on April 26th, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I rode in that gorgeous coach on my wedding day 12 years ago!

It is beautiful!