Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park

Disney Wonder Sails Under the Golden Gate Bridge

posted on April 29th, 2011 by Jason Lasecki, Public Relations Director, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures By Disney, Disney Vacation Club

It’s a very exciting week full of firsts for us here at Disney Cruise Line. The Disney Wonder is currently charting a course up the West Coast to reposition for our first-ever voyage to Alaska.

As part of the journey, the ship stopped in San Francisco for two days, marking our inaugural visit to the city and allowing guests to explore a new destination. We were also able to capture an amazing photo of the Disney Wonder sailing under the iconic Golden Gate Bridge this morning! Check it out…

Disney Wonder Sails Under the Golden Gate Bridge

During the seven-night Alaskan itinerary that’s just days away, the Disney Wonder visits Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway and Tracy Arm Fjord. We want to take all of you along to see the sights, so stay tuned for more updates and photos.

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Patrick from CA on April 29th, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Welcome to SF Wonder!

Frank on April 29th, 2011 at 2:33 pm

See ya real soon, in Vancouver!

Lori on April 29th, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I was lucky enough to be there as the ship passed under the Golden Gate this morning. Was pretty cool to hear the horn blow as the Wonder came into town!! Wish I could sneak on for the rest of the ride….but I have to wait until our Alaska cruise in August!!

Manuel on April 29th, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Two great icons: The Golden Gate Bridge and The Disney Wander, what a sight.

Would we see the Empire State Building or The Brookling Bridge with The Disney Magic ?

Frances from OH on April 29th, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Such an awesome photo! I’ve never seen the Golden Gate, but will be back on the Wonder for the 3rd time in late August. Getting excited!

Johanna from CA on April 29th, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Could not have asked for a nicer morning for her arrival. Could not make the arrival but will see her off tomorrow afternoon.

Mike on April 29th, 2011 at 4:09 pm

That is a great photo Jason. It was nice seeing you and your team out there taking the photos.
Hope you like it.

Have magical stay in San Francisco

Alisha from UT on April 29th, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Beautiful photo! San Francisco is my favorite city, and Disney is my favorite, well… everything! :)

Janet from MI on April 29th, 2011 at 7:13 pm

What a site! I bet the people in SF loved it! Can’t wait for our Alaskan Cruise in June!

Joseph from CA on April 29th, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I was out there this morning and it was quite an amazing experience to hear the “When You Wish Upon a Star” horn echo off the Marin Headlands as the Wonder passed under the Golden Gate Bridge! You could not have asked for a more beautiful day! I hope many of the guest on the Wonder will have a chance to visit the Walt Disney Family Museum, located in the Presidio of San Francisco.

Allyson on April 29th, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Can’t wait to see her here in Skagway! We’ll be out bright and early, standing on the pier to welcome her!

Cvetka on April 30th, 2011 at 9:13 am

How pretty!! I can hardly wait for my trip on Tuesday for my first Disney Cruise! Can life get better??

Paul from CA on May 1st, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Just saw her leave yesterday. How neat. Got a good photo of her going out under the bridge but don’t know how to share it here. My kids were trying to yell in hopes that Mickey would hear them. :-)

Gregory from FL on May 3rd, 2011 at 9:33 pm

See you July 5th in Vancouver.

Marsha from AZ on May 4th, 2011 at 6:06 pm

This was the best DCL cruise for me to date. Everyone was so excited. The crew, the people in San Fran and of course, the guests on board.