Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disneyland Resort at Dawn: Mickey’s Toontown

posted on April 28th, 2011 by Shannon Swanson, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort

The inspiration for this series came from walking through Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland park early one morning. It was fascinating for me to hear all of the sounds and take in the sights. There were so many details I had missed when I was there during the daytime. When I went back with the film crew, I was not disappointed. I had several great visuals to choose from, but my favorite shot happened when the sun was coming up through the fish bowls.

What is your favorite sight or sound in Mickey’s Toontown?

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Fred from CA on April 28th, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Very nice! I love Mickey’s Toontown, the visuals are great! I love this series.

On a side note, I really hope that someday the imagineers come up with something new and creative to add to Chip n Dale’s Treehouse. The area that used to be the acorn crawl could be used for something new.
I also think that Donald’s boat could use some new things.

Gabriel on April 28th, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I love it too but after the Florida version is now gone shouldn’t toontown be relocated to Disney’s Hollywood Studios?

Jason on April 28th, 2011 at 2:12 pm

This one is just as good as the first. I love that you moved around and took different shots. Please make the next one in Fantasyland. I love the architecture there. By the way, does that clock near the Village Haus do anything like figures come out of those doors? And what about the Cheshire Cat by Alice in Wonderland? Does it say stuff when you walk by?—Now look what you have done! You have me going thru my mind thinking about all the things I never really paid much attention to, but should have. Thanks again!

Brian from CA on April 28th, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I am hoping I can take videos/photos like these on my Grad Nite at DL!

Jason on April 28th, 2011 at 5:43 pm

As a former Toontown employee, I’m gonna say the talking manhole cover has always been my favorite. So many people talk past it and don’t even know it’s there.

Krista on April 29th, 2011 at 11:01 am

I remember when Toon Town first opened My friend and I had fun exploring everything and all the fun things that talked. I still enjoy it today.
Thanks for this wonderful video!