Via Napoli Restaurant, Italy Pavilion at Epcot

Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Honors Pixar May 13-15

posted on April 21st, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Heads up Pixar fans – we’re breaking an exciting announcement this morning on the Disney Parks Blog.

Pixar's 25th Anniversary Weekend May 13-15 at Epcot

The 18th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will celebrate all-things Pixar, including the upcoming release of “Cars 2,” during Pixar’s 25th Anniversary Weekend May 13-15 at Epcot.

Mater from Disney•Pixar's 'Cars' and 'Cars 2'

Mater from “Cars” and “Cars 2” leads the celebration, which will include special Pixar character meet and greets, kids activities, informational discussions by Pixar filmmakers and more.

Characters from Disney•Pixar's 'Up'

World Showplace (located between the Canada and United Kingdom pavilions), will serve as the celebration headquarters. Inside, families can enjoy meet and greets with characters from “The Incredibles,” “Toy Story 3,” “Monsters, Inc.” and “Up,” or browse a photo gallery that calls out some of Pixar’s best Easter eggs from past films. There also will be an art gallery that displays the creative work that went in to Pixar films.

'Cars' Franchise Guardian Jay Ward

World Showplace also will be the setting for informational discussions by Pixar filmmakers: Composer Michael Giacchino, Producer Jonas Rivera and “Cars” Franchise Guardian Jay Ward (pictured above). Discussions will take place May 14-15 (times are still TBD).

Remy from Disney•Pixar's 'Ratatouille'

And the Pixar fun will continue throughout World Showcase, where characters from “Toy Story,” “Ratatouille” and “A Bug’s Life” wait to greet guests. Kids also can play the “Cars 2” Race Around the World Showcase game by picking up a booklet with clues that send them on a journey to specific World Showcase pavilions, where they’ll receive more clues, and receive a reward at the end. (All entertainment is subject to change).

Now, who’s coming?

Filed: Epcot, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Thomas on April 21st, 2011 at 9:53 am

Awesome! Seems odd to schedule it the same weekend as Destination D, but I guess I’ll have to choose carefully between the seminars!

matt on April 21st, 2011 at 9:58 am

What about the rumor that Wall-E will be meeting guests?

Cheryl on April 21st, 2011 at 10:23 am

We are going to Destination D and added an extra day on to our trip to attend this event on Friday. Can’t wait!! I really hope Wall-e will be there as he was a huge part of wanting to see this. Any confirmation on him being there? So much to see the week we are there- EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival, Pixar 25th, Destination D, Star Tours opening, and Star Wars weekend!!!

Lauren on April 21st, 2011 at 10:50 am

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry we missed this; we were just in WDW two weeks ago! We are huge fans of all things Disney-Pixar especially Cars & Toy Story. I hope Disney does more events like this or maybe replaces the old Kim Possible World Showcase adventure with the new Cars 2 one… My kids don’t know who Kim Possible is but they sure can relate to Lightning and Mater!! And while I’m on the topic, Disney World, I BEG you, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a Toy Story/Pixar character dining experience!!! You would be making the dreams of little boys (and girls) everywhere come true!!

Denise on April 21st, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Definitely a big conflict that weekend with Destination D – it’d be nice if the filmmakers could come do a discussion for the attendees that weekend (since so many of us would have wanted to be there).

Amy on April 21st, 2011 at 2:19 pm

I second the Pixar character dining experience! We would love to eat and greet with Mr. Potato Head, Bolt, Wall-E, Russell, Remy, any characters that are not currently available on a regular basis somewhere else in the parks. (For example, we love Mike & Sully, and the Incredibles at DHS. Since we can see them there, we would rather see some others that we can’t see anywhere else.)

Joey on April 21st, 2011 at 3:09 pm

We will be there on May, 14th and I cannot wait! We will devote our entire day to the Festival and to the Pixar activities. :)

Shelby on April 21st, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I am so excited we will be there for the last day of it!

Lauren on April 21st, 2011 at 3:20 pm

I agree with others’ comments about the huge conflict between this Pixar event and D23′s Destination D, which are taking place the same weekend at WDW. It’s really disappointing since I’ll be attending Destination D, which means I have to miss out on all the Pixar discussions with the filmmakers. It’s unfortunate since most of the people attending Destination D are the same people that would have really enjoyed attending these Pixar discussions.

Do you know when or if a full schedule of times and topics for the Pixar discussions with filmmakers will be released? Will it be posted here on the Disney Parks Blog? Thank you.

Cheryl on April 21st, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Can’t wait to go in 3 weeks! =D

tina on April 21st, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Can’t wait. We are passholders and would also like to have a sneak peek at the new Star Tours. Years ago we were at the first Star Wars week-end and our daughters came in second place in the very first race.

Jennifer on April 21st, 2011 at 5:06 pm

We will be there with bells on. Im taking my parents for their 51st wedding anniversary staying at the beach club CL. Cant wait for a little spoinling and fun with Mickey. My two boys are so excited, this even will just be an extra perk!! See you in a few weeks!

Tara on April 21st, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Does anyone know if this event opens with the park at 9 or 11 since it’s in World Showcase?? If it’s 11am I will be disappointed b/c we are heading home at 1pm that day.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 22nd, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Times for the characters haven’t been announced yet.

Analee on April 22nd, 2011 at 2:43 am

Holey Moley I am so excited. My mom and I are taking a orlando trip from the 7th thru the 17th of may. We were just saying how cool it would be to meet Remy (I am an aspiring chef). I was just about ready to go to sleep but now I will be searching character photos for the next couple of hours. :) Agree with Amy’s post. We can meet the Incredibles anytime. How about ‘Meet the Robinsons’ characters since it is coming out on blu-ray for the first time? And in my opinion there is always room for more villains.

Katie on April 22nd, 2011 at 9:26 am

Will the flower displays still be set up after May 15th? My family is arriving on May 16, and we LOVE the international flower festival!!!! I hope we don’t miss those awesome works of art!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 22nd, 2011 at 1:08 pm

The last day of the festival is May 15, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the Pixar topiaries (at least) stayed up over the weekend.

Sharon from FL on April 24th, 2011 at 2:20 pm

We were at the Flower and Garden Festival 3 weeks ago. One of our favorite events. We are huge Pixar fans, so I guess in addition to returning for opening weekend of Star Wars weekends on May 21, we will have to go two weeks in a row and hit Epcot on May 14 & 15. Thanks for the info!