Tokyo DisneySea, Tower of Terror

New Images from ‘Mickey’s Soundsational Parade,’ Debuting May 27

posted on April 8th, 2011 by Michele Himmelberg, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

We told you a while back about the exciting, new parade coming to Disneyland park this summer, “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade.” Imagine Mickey Mouse leading his friends down Main Street, U.S.A., with live musicians, nine colorful floats and an extravaganza of Disney tunes. It will be music in motion, starting May 27.

You were so thrilled to see the first artist’s rendering of the parade that we decided to share a few images up close. These were revealed today in a presentation given by Disneyland Resort President George A. Kalogridis.

New Images from ‘Mickey’s Soundsational Parade,’ Debuting May 27

Blog readers really liked the concept of this giant jam session when we first announced it. Here’s what some of them said:

Alexander: “This is great! I really like the Mickey float! I noticed … the princess float has a tall tower. Would this be from ‘Tangled’?”

Yes, you will see elements from “Tangled” along with Disney princesses.

June: “I can’t wait to see this! …I love the idea of live music and steel drums.”

Brendan: “I think my daughters will be most excited to see the Princess and the Frog float … I’m looking forward to music during that section.”

We are, too Brendan. New Orleans jazz and Cajun rhythms will come rollin’ down the bayou, from the Disney film, “The Princess and the Frog.” Here’s a closer look at that float and one of the vibrant costumes that will be worn by the dancers.

New Images from ‘Mickey’s Soundsational Parade,’ Debuting May 27 New Images from ‘Mickey’s Soundsational Parade,’ Debuting May 27

There will be more than 90 performers in “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade,” including Mickey pounding on a live, acoustic drum set. Will we see you at “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade”?

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

19 Comments 1 Reply

Marissa on April 8th, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Too cool! I wish this was coming to WDW as well. :D

Fred from CA on April 8th, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Yes! I’m looking forward to seeing a new parade at Disneyland. :)

Though, I still think its a shame that Bolt did not make it into the parade. I really don’t mean to harp on that, its just that I would love to see the Bolt characters at the Resort.

But yes, I’m looking forward to this parade very much!

Alexander on April 8th, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Hey, my comment made it as part of the blog post! Thats great. I love the closer immages of the floats of the parade, it gives a chance to see what the Imagineers are best at… All the DETAIL!

Chris from CA on April 8th, 2011 at 5:37 pm

can’t wait, will be amazing

Jon from CA on April 8th, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Would it be possible to see the drawings of Soundsational that were done by Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily?

Jaime on April 8th, 2011 at 5:50 pm

This parade looks like an instant crowd favorite! I can’t wait to see it in June!

Polly on April 8th, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Yes, we will be there the second week of June. My 15 yr old son is looking forward to the steel drums since he is a percussionist!

Michele Himmelberg on April 14th, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Hi Polly, I bet your son will enjoy seeing Mickey play the acoustic drum set at the start of the parade. As it turns out, other elements have been incorporated into “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade” and the steel drums are no longer part of the plans. Hope you have a great time!

Angelina on April 8th, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I will be there opening day!!! Can’t wait!!!!

Susan on April 8th, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Cannot wait to see the new parade!! I love everything Disney!!!

AMANDA from CA on April 8th, 2011 at 7:20 pm

The one thing I’ve always loved about Disney is the music! And the music at the parks is so immersive, I’m looking forward to what this parade has to offer.

Mary from TX on April 9th, 2011 at 8:35 am

LOVE it! It seems like a few elements are similar to the Tapestry of Nations parade that was at EPCOT for a little while (with the live performers and the acoustic drumset). My girls and I have the CD from that parade and still listen to it at least once or twice a month. This parade sounds very fun!

Diana from NY on April 9th, 2011 at 8:56 am

I love taking trips to the West Coast to visit Disneyland. In addition to the diverse offerings and nostalgia factor, Disneyland keeps its entertainment offerings so much more fresh than WDW. The Magic Kingdom has had the same parade floats for more than a decade!

Katie on April 9th, 2011 at 4:33 pm

This parade sounds totally epic! I’m really, really happy that there is a Lion King float! The one in the Parade of Dreams was amazing. I hope that new one lives up to the old one’s awesomeness.

Meghan on April 10th, 2011 at 12:00 am

I must say, I adore the concept art for this and can’t wait to see the final product. The structure are very abstract and colorful which is very appealing in my opinion. The addition of The Three Caballeros was a great choice by whoever came up with the parade idea. The music in the movie is very energetic and would be a perfect fit for a parade based on sound. It’s one of my favorite Disney movies.

Ann from CA on April 10th, 2011 at 9:01 am

I’M There

Jon from CA on April 10th, 2011 at 12:36 pm

@Meghan, I’m totally excited about The Three Caballeros too! Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily are the art directors of this parade, so we have them to thank. They’re amazing artists, I can wait to see it all come alive!

Fred from CA on April 10th, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I have to say, I too am very excited that The Three Caballeros will be in the parade. :)

Brenda on April 11th, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Yet ANOTHER reason why I must make a return trip this year to Disneyland. If your service wasn’t enough it’s the entertainment! This parade looks spectacular!!!

Mariana on April 18th, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I’m so excited for the parade! I LOVE DISNEY PARADES! :D
I should of auditioned for it back in March when I had the chance. Can’t wait for other opportunites.