Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Photo Locations: Favorite Spots to Capture Your Memories at Disneyland Resort

posted on April 7th, 2011 by Michele Himmelberg, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

Has a random stranger ever approached you at the parks offering a camera? I see this happen all the time. A guest is trying to capture a special memory with friends or family but he can’t get in the picture and take it, too. He might turn to another guest for help.

Did you know that cast members are always happy to step in and take your photo? I love it when I get this opportunity. The guests are so grateful, and they’re elated to know this special moment will now live on in a photo that includes their entire group.

The iconic locations in the parks are most popular. Everyone wants a photo at Sleeping Beauty Castle, for instance, because it’s such a beautiful symbol of Disneyland park.

Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park

Guests also pick some offbeat backgrounds for their photos, like a red popcorn cart on Main Street, U.S.A., or the new construction fences previewing the coming of Cars Land in 2012 at Disney California Adventure park.

A new photo location opened recently, right at the spot where guests will enter Cars Land along Route 66. You can step into a racing scene pit stop and pose with Mater or Lightning McQueen, stars of the Disney•Pixar film “Cars” and the upcoming “Cars 2.” Check out McQueen’s new racing fin. (I dare you to grin just as big as they do.)

Mater and Lightning McQueen at Disney California Adventure Park

I’d like to know your favorite places to take photos at the parks. Here are a few top spots, and I bet you’ll come up with some innovative locations.

• In front of City Hall at Disneyland park with the City Hall sign clearly in view.
  • Floral Mickey, a lovely spot just as you enter Disneyland park (when you still look fresh).
  • On the bridge at Disney California Adventure park with Mickey’s Fun Wheel as the backdrop.
  • Along the river at New Orleans Square at Disneyland park.
  • Next to the airplane near “Soarin’ over California” at Disney California Adventure park.
  • In front of the big, blue Sorcerer’s cap in the Downtown Disney District.

Tell us where you posed for a recent memorable photo at the Disneyland Resort.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Alodie from CA on April 7th, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I was blessed to go to Club 33 two months ago and that’s where my recent memorable photo is at!

Will on April 7th, 2011 at 2:25 pm

The staircase by the flower seller in New Orleans Square. Been taking shots there since I was 3. So, that’s 3 decades of memories in that one location.

Ashli on April 7th, 2011 at 3:36 pm

The big bear by Grizzly Rapids in California Adventure. The best way to save that memory is to take the picture after going on the ride 3 times and you are all soaking wet. :)

David from OR on April 7th, 2011 at 3:38 pm

My favorite photo spot is in front of the Matterhorn on the side with the waterfall. That’s my wall paper on my laptop with my girls and I.

Michele Himmelberg on April 7th, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Great suggestion!

Anisa on April 7th, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Heading there Sunday… hmmm so many to choose from, don’t have a favorite!

Heather on April 7th, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Our favorite picture spots actually tend to be pictures in line or getting a little break and sitting down for lunch over at Boudin’s. We have dozens of pictures from waiting in line!

Michael from CA on April 7th, 2011 at 4:06 pm

For photographing children, a favorite spot is to shoot through the Wishing Well with Snow White’s waterfall in the background.

Michele Himmelberg on April 7th, 2011 at 7:48 pm

What a cool idea! Thanks, Michael.

Deana on April 7th, 2011 at 4:17 pm

My favorite place is the waterfall area at the hotel. Go at feeding time to catch the massive koi hovering in one spot!

Laura on April 7th, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Hi Michele (it’s Laura, hopefully you remember me), I can’t wait to take my son Lincoln (he just turned 3) to Cars Land. He’s a huge Cars fan! Love this blog. Hope everything is great.

Deeci on April 7th, 2011 at 6:05 pm

My favorite photo spot is after you get off of the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride and just before walking into the store near there. There is a honey pot in the doorway. Ever since my son’s first trip to Disneyland, we have taken his picture next to it. The first shows him on his tippy toes and he is barely able to reach into the pot. The last time we were there was for New Year’s and he is standing next to it at least a head taller than the honey pot. It’s a great way to see how he’s changed and how much he has grown over the years.

Michele Himmelberg on April 7th, 2011 at 7:51 pm

It will be so fun to share those photos and memories with him through the years.

beth on April 7th, 2011 at 7:11 pm

I took a pic of my daughter every year on the CA letters **sniffle**. We also love the huge LEGOS and the little wishing well on the side of the castle.

Brian on April 8th, 2011 at 1:34 am

I loved taking pictures of and in front of the waterfall on the trail between The Grizzly River Run station and Grizzly Peak.

Clint on April 8th, 2011 at 11:27 am

Just got back from 3 days! Crowded, but great as always. We love Snow White’s wishing well, the fountain in front of Tinker Bell and the Fairies, and, my favorite, my wife and I kissing under the picture of Sleeping Beauty’s true love’s kiss.

William on April 8th, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Everyplace in Disneyland can be a special place. My wife will make it a point to offer help to other guests, by taking their pictures. It always makes our visit more special when doing this. And you get to meet the nicest people!

Jo-Ann from AZ on April 8th, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Hi Michele,
Honestly as soon as you step onto Disney property there is a photo opportunity!!! A couple to point out though! The new Memories display which is in the original Disneyland sign and get a pic in front of the San Francisco Bridge in DCA since we learned in March that the bridge at least at that point in time was scheduled to be going to Tokyo Disney!!!!

Victoria on April 9th, 2011 at 4:18 am

My family has a few great pictures with the Sword in the Stone. Some with King Arthur’s Carousel in the background and others with Sleeping Beauty’s Castle in the background. We also love to take some “Goofy” shots in Goofy’s crashed car in Toon Town.

Grant on April 9th, 2011 at 9:49 pm

We love in front of the gates, just inside the gates by the Mickey head and in front of our favorite ride entrances such as all the mountains, Indiana Jones and with the bear at Grizzly River Rapids

jennifer from WA on April 11th, 2011 at 4:21 pm

We always take our daughter’s picture in the pink tea cup by the Madhatter shop.

Brenda on April 11th, 2011 at 8:51 pm

We find some of our most beautiful photos were when we went to the plaza inn for breakfast. The regal surroundings of the plaza dining room is stunning on film and showcased my family with their favorite characters in an elegant setting that is SO DISNEY!

Mitchell from CA on April 12th, 2011 at 4:01 pm

My mom takes photo’s of my younger brother by the small doors of the Mad Hatter store. We started taking them because when he was younger, he knocked and tried to get in. It’s really cool to take one every time we visit to see how much he’s grown.

Nicole from Victoria on April 24th, 2011 at 6:47 am

I love photos by the castle. I have one of me leaning on the letter ‘F’ that I love, and also one of me outside Splash Mountain covered in water!