Late last year, we began the ‘Wildlife Wednesdays’ series to keep our animal-loving Disney Parks Blog Readers up-to-date on the latest happenings, especially at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Here are our top blog posts from this series to date.
Take 5: Wildlife Wednesdays
- Wildlife Wednesdays: Dr. Jane Goodall Visits Endangered Woodrats Born at Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Key Largo Refuge – Last month, we were very proud to welcome internationally renowned conservationist, Dr. Jane Goodall, to the Crocodile Lake National Wildlife Refuge in the Florida Keys, where endangered Key Largo woodrats born at Disney’s Animal Kingdom are being reintroduced to their native habitat.
- Wildlife Wednesdays: Tigers Tales – A popular spot on the Maharajah Jungle Trek at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is the tiger viewing area. Guests enjoy watching these magnificent animals, and asking questions of our Cast Members as they share “tiger tales.”
- Wildlife Wednesdays: Bringing Children and Wildlife Together – Next time you and your family are visiting the Parks, stop by the Kids’ Discovery Clubs at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. We have six fun Club sites in each land of the Park for children 5-8 years old, but like most Disney activities, everyone in the family participates.
- Wildlife Wednesdays: Hippos Create Magical Moments – Cast Members love creating Magical Moments for guests. One of these Magical Moments takes place on Pangani Forest Exploration Trail at the underwater hippo viewing area.
- Wildlife Wednesdays: Cotton-Top Tamarins Return to Tree of Life – Here’s a post familiarizing readers with the cotton-top tamarin. Check out a few fun facts about about this interesting animal.