Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Catch Disney on ABC Season Finales May 15

posted on May 13th, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Set your DVRs, Disney will be featured on two ABC season finales, “America’s Funniest Home Videos,” and “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,” this Sunday, May 15.

Part 1 of the finale of “America’s Funniest Home Videos” will start off at 7 p.m. The episode was filmed aboard the Disney Dream cruise ship, where host Tom Bergeron starts the countdown to see which $100,000 winner will take home this year’s grand prize: a trip to the Walt Disney World Resort, the Disneyland Resort, and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, as well as a group vacation courtesy of Adventures by Disney and a cruise aboard the Disney Dream.

Next up at 8 p.m., is the season finale episode of “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,” which features the cast building a home for the Sharrock family, including their son, Patrick, who was born with brittle bone disease.

In the episode, Patrick and his parents, Cindy and Michael, were flown to Hollywood so that he could meet his own personal hero, actor Atticus Shaffer from the ABC comedy, “The Middle.” Like Patrick, Atticus also has a form of brittle bone disease. The Sharrocks also were treated to a trip to the Walt Disney World Resort while construction continued on their house.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Community Outreach, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Deborah from PA on May 14th, 2011 at 8:55 am

Patrick seems like an awesome kid. I’m glad he and his family received a home makeover and the trip. Looking forward to watching tomorrow night.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 16th, 2011 at 5:55 pm

So heartwarming! I just wish we could help everyone.

cathy from PA on May 14th, 2011 at 9:02 am

I’m a retired teacher and I had a boy with brittle bone disease in my classroom. He is now a 22 year old and you would never know he had this disease. He was always breaking a leg and wearing a cast most all of the time he was in elementary school.
I wish the best for the Shaffers and I’m so happy that the family had a chance to visit WDW!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 16th, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Their son was so inspirational with his positive attitude!

Erin from RI on May 14th, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I am constantly being reminded of things I have seen on “America’s Funniest Home Videos” during my daily life. Comments come out of my mouth more frequently than you would imagine while I am at work. I wonder what that says about my job and the people I work with?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 16th, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I’ve noticed the same thing – especially since I became a mom. On Saturday the first words out of my mouth were, “don’t lick those socks.” Really??