Spaceship Earth at Epcot

Disneyland Resort at Dawn: Pirate’s Lair

posted on May 31st, 2011 by Shannon Swanson, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort

Last week, Paul Hiffmeyer shed some light on a possible “duckspiracy” at Disneyland park. I recently experienced some evidence of this phenomenon myself.

I set sail early one morning to see what I could find over at Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island in Disneyland park. The island was a bit too serene without any buccaneers running about. Then I spotted some irresistible stowaways. Although some of these feathered friends were just getting their sea legs, they seemed quite comfortable in front of the camera.

See the posts below for more unique looks at the Disneyland Resort:

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Brian from CA on May 31st, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Hey I know that Disneyland keeps and care for cats within the parks but what is Disney doing for all the ducks?

PS. Keep doing these early morning videos!

Jonathan from TX on May 31st, 2011 at 2:02 pm

How cute!! I would love to walk Disneyland early in the morning.

Diana from sonora on May 31st, 2011 at 2:22 pm

funny to see the pickup pass by…

Fred from CA on May 31st, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Great video!

I love how the Plains Indian village can be heard in the background of some of those shots.

Dawn on May 31st, 2011 at 2:46 pm

If I were a duck I would want to live at Disneyland. The perfect place for ducks and humans.

Jennifer from VA on May 31st, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I was just there this weekend. We have pictures of the baby geese. They seemed to pose for the camera and couldn’t resist snapping a few photos

louis on May 31st, 2011 at 3:00 pm

You may also check behind big thunder ranch..we have ranch ducks hanging out in the back i have photographed them hanging with us during rollcall..yes proud to be a cast member..

Jaime on May 31st, 2011 at 5:16 pm

“Disneyland at Dawn” is my favorite series on the blog! My paradise would be being inside “Disneyland at Dawn”. :)

Nolanna on May 31st, 2011 at 5:56 pm

My hubby and I were just there over the weekend. We sat and fed the ducks for an hour by It a Small World. One of the ducklings even hopped up on my foot. What a precious memory!

mary on May 31st, 2011 at 6:56 pm

I love the Ducks! Last May while at Disneyland my Granchildren & I seen the Momma & 5 Duckling being escorted by 5 Disney cast members as they waddled from The Story Book ride to the water across from te Matterhorn where the boat rides used to be! We loved it!

Laurie Lee on May 31st, 2011 at 8:18 pm

How Walt Disney must have loved walking through his park in the mornings. The water features are so calming. Thank you for posting this! It was just what I needed after a rough day.

Christa on May 31st, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I so want to be a duck or a goose and live in Disneyland forever! Thanks for sharing this, it is wonderful and makes me want to book my next trip.

Jeffrey from CA on May 31st, 2011 at 10:42 pm

I LOVE the early morning videos!

I’m thinking a Disney Parks Blog event where fans get to come early and just walk around…yes yes?

And wait a second…there’s a TRUCK driving through New Orleans Square! Haha. There’s a site you don’t see….ever :)

TRACIE on June 1st, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I was just a Disneyland last wed. and my husband and I were watching the ferry go back and forth from tom sawyer island when another guest chatted us up, he said he was visiting from hawaii and was nearly brought to tears because he missed seeing ducks and knew he could find them on the mainland @ disneyland.

Matt on June 1st, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I love the Disneyland ducks!

Krista on June 3rd, 2011 at 2:07 am