'it's a small world' at Disneyland Park

Webcast: ‘Star Tours – The Adventures Continue’ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on May 20th, 2011 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

UPDATE: Hi everyone, we’re now replaying today’s Star Tours grand opening ceremony. Also, be sure and check back later for images and highlights from the celebration.

Live from Disney’s Hollywood Studios, our new spaceport, Star Tours, is opening its first hub in the Earth System and life forms from across the galaxy are heading to the Walt Disney World Resort today to help commemorate this historic event. You, too, can see the grand opening of “Star Tours – The Adventures Continue” as it happens this morning right here on the Disney Parks Blog.

Today’s live stream begins at 10:15 a.m. Eastern and will include the entire grand opening ceremony, including an appearance from Star Wars creator George Lucas and other faces you’ll certainly recognize. During the webcast, we’ll be answering questions in comments and on our @WaltDisneyWorld and @DisneyParks Twitter accounts.

Also be sure and check back later today, we’ll be posting photos and sharing highlights from today’s festivities here on the Disney Parks Blog. Thanks for watching.

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

Steve on May 20th, 2011 at 9:51 am

What a great 30th birthday gift! :)

Meredith on May 20th, 2011 at 10:06 am

Which week is going to be the busiest? Just out of curiosity

Thomas on May 20th, 2011 at 10:07 am

Can’t wait to watch this–I can’t be there, so I suppose this is the next best thing!

natasha on May 20th, 2011 at 10:09 am

I think it’s brilliant you are feeding this live so that people all over the world can see!!!! I can’t wait for July when we get to see it for ourselves!!! :-)

Meredith on May 20th, 2011 at 10:10 am

Is George Lucas going to be signing autographs??????

Jeffrey from TX on May 20th, 2011 at 10:11 am

45 days and counting…

Sam on May 20th, 2011 at 10:18 am

This music is really getting me going!! Can’t wait to see this :)

Thomas from FL on May 20th, 2011 at 10:20 am

Wasn’t it supposed to start at 10:15?

Michele from KY on May 20th, 2011 at 10:20 am

Do we stay on this page to see the webcast?

Thomas from FL on May 20th, 2011 at 10:41 am

Wow glad to see Lucas there!

Ed from AL on May 20th, 2011 at 10:41 am

Phenominal coverage for those of us who can’t be there. I have to leave now before I get fired! If that happens, I won’t be able to be there in 14 Days. Thank you for making my day so Magical!!!!

Colleen from PA on May 20th, 2011 at 10:48 am

OMG that was awesome!!!! Wish I was there!

Isabelle from QC on May 20th, 2011 at 10:48 am

Disney still knows how to do great things. Congrats !!!

Traci from PA on May 20th, 2011 at 10:49 am

That was Awesome, thanks so much for the Stream!

Sam on May 20th, 2011 at 10:50 am

Well that wasn’t bad at all! Loved the Ion canon shooting down the energy shield! Brilliant Pyro!

Renee on May 20th, 2011 at 10:51 am

This is AWESOME!!!! I love being able to see the Grand Opening since I can’t be there in person. However, I leave for Disney World in 7 days!!!

Rachel on May 20th, 2011 at 10:53 am

That was great! Wish I was there! Thanks for showing it to us live online.

Stephane on May 20th, 2011 at 10:54 am

Great show ! wish i could be there, thanks for the webcast, at least we can see it live
Gonna try it in August…

Sandra from FL on May 20th, 2011 at 11:01 am

Was that it?

Claire on May 20th, 2011 at 11:01 am

Thank you very much for this. It looks like watching it online was better than standing in that giant throng of people! Plus the video scenes were really cool! I’m just sad it was so short. But the streaming went a lot better than the Disney Dream dedication – thanks for fixing that!!!

Chris from CA on May 20th, 2011 at 11:08 am

That was amazing!! I wish I could be there, but I will be at Disneyland on June 3rd.

craig on May 20th, 2011 at 11:14 am

I can’t wait to ride this when we take our family in June. This looks so great!!

Eder on May 20th, 2011 at 11:15 am

What time will they be doing the opening ceremony at Disneyland? I’m going to be out sick from work that day… lol

craig on May 20th, 2011 at 11:16 am

The star wars music gives me goose bumbs!!

Fred from CA on May 20th, 2011 at 11:33 am

Very cool.

I really hope that Disneyland has a cool opening ceremony too!

Debbie on May 20th, 2011 at 11:54 am

Thank you for allowing those not able to attend in person this opportunity to share the Magic and Force of the opening of Star Tours. What a great ceremony!

I’m looking forward to this attraction on my next visit.

mark on May 20th, 2011 at 12:48 pm

I would love to see a list of the cookies to watch for on the new ride!

Eder on May 20th, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Mr. Smith. Where will we be able to go to find out what time the opening ceremony will be @ Disneyland?

John from CA on May 20th, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Will this ceremony be happening in California too?

Dan from BC on May 20th, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Terrific opening ceremony! Thanks for putting it up! I can’t be there in person but I will definitely put this on my list of ‘must sees’ for my next trip! Hey Thomas, how about a sneak preview of the attraction itself?

Eric on May 20th, 2011 at 1:49 pm

“Episode III.V”?
So, by the rumored appearance of a certain character, we can assume this takes place post Episode 3?

Timmery on May 20th, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Will they behaving a similar opening ceremony event at Disneyland?

Christian on May 20th, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Just went on it at Disneyland! Heading to Hollywood Studios on Monday!

Laura from CA on May 20th, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Awesome opening ceremony! I will be attending the one at Disneyland in two weeks, and hope it will be as good – it sounds like we’ll see Vader for sure!

corrine on May 20th, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I just loved watching the opening ceremony of Star Tours. Thank you for streaming it live, it made my day. It makes me even more excited for our trip in 9 days and SWW in two weeds. :) )

Janice from CA on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:01 am

I don’t know how I keep missing the great oppertunities you give your blog readers. This is the second thing I missed. Is there going to be a special oppertunity for blog readers for the little mermaid ride? I would love to be a part of that. I know I already missed the meet and greet, I saw that and was so dissapointed that I missed that oppertunity as well. I need to be more attentive I guess and read more, somedays I miss reading the blog. I try to open all of them but, I do admit to missing a few looks like I miss all the ones with fabulous things for blog readers, lol, Well I love the blog, and the bloggers, and thank you for the oppertunities you offer us fans hope I can catch one, one of these days.

Evan on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:19 pm

GO STAR TOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!