Spaceship Earth at Epcot

New Disney California Adventure Updates Coming to Blue Sky Cellar

posted on May 16th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

On Friday, we gave you a look at the progress of the expansion at Disney California Adventure park, and this week there are even more updates coming to the Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar.

Aerial Image of Disney California Adventure Park

Starting May 18, additions will include a new aerial view of the park, above. In this photo, you can see the incredible progress being made in Cars Land (bottom right) as well as the soon-to-be complete Paradise Pier (bottom left). At the top, you can also see the park’s new entrance taking shape.

Goofy’s Sky School
The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s UnderSea Adventure Grizzly River Run

Also set to debut this week at Blue Sky Cellar are new attraction posters for The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, Goofy’s Sky School and Grizzly River Run. Designed in the style of the traditional Disney theme park attraction posters, these three are sure to become instant classics.

I’m sure many of you are anxious to add these to your attraction poster collection, along with previously released images for California Screamin’, Mickey’s Fun Wheel and Silly Symphony Swings, so look for many of these attraction posters and much more when they become available in Spring 2012.

There is so much to see at Blue Sky Cellar, from models and artist renderings to concept drawings and more, all crafted by Walt Disney Imagineers.

Which changes at Disney California Adventure park are you most excited about?

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Ethan from CA on May 16th, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I’m really excited for radiator springs racers! i hope its great! The posters are beautiful as well. I like these ones alot more than the others. Reviews coming in about ariels undersea adventure are really good! i cant wait to go! Are there any future plans to improve the grizzly river run besides the slight recreation retheme? i feel like the ride has so much more potential. prehaps an indoor portion?

Fred from CA on May 16th, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Thanks for the update Erin.

I love those posters.

I’m really looking forward the Little Mermaid and the new dining area, and I am really excited about Cars Land, it can’t open fast enough for me. :)

I can’t wait to actually explore the town of Radiator Springs!

Alonso on May 16th, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Thanks for the updates!

I love all the new attraction posters. But i’m curious, are the posters going to show up at the park? I’d love to see some of these posters in the Paradise Pier area, or maybe even as part of Buena Vista St. (similar to the posters along the entrance tunnels at Disneyland.)

Shawn on May 16th, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Posters look great. I too wonder if they’ll be presented in the park. I think they would look great underneath the Monorail bridge at the entrance (this would be similar in style to the posters when entering Disneyland!)

Fred from CA on May 16th, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Goofy’s Sky School will be fun. The coaster is getting a more detailed theme and its great that this section of Paradise Pier has classic cartoon references. (The other being The Band Concert theme for Silly Symphony Swings.)

Jill from CA on May 16th, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I am hoping for Soft openings of Little Mermaid this weekend when I am there.

Tsz Leung from ON on May 16th, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Why do we have to wait till Spring 2012 to get a copy of the posters? I love these and those you guys showed couple months ago. Can we get it a little sooner? :)

Marco on May 16th, 2011 at 9:54 pm

The posters looks great and carry on the aesthetic tradition that I’ve loved all my life of going to Disneyland. Of the new attractions, I’m most excited about The Little Mermaid dark ride, which appears as if it will carry on another tradition started by Walt Disney — the beautiful use of Hollywood scene painting to create a 3-dimensional realm for the guest.

Shane on May 16th, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Absolutely love, love, love the new posters — but please, I beg you, put some faces on those Grizzly River riders! They are absolutely creepin’ me out. Not to mention, they look incredibly bored. The passengers on the old, classic Peoplemover poster (faces and all) look like they’re on Space Mountain in comparison.

Other than that, they are fantastic! :)

Loren from CA on May 16th, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I’m loving the new posters!

Interestingly enough, I think my fave is the one for Grizzly River Run. Grizzly Peak is one of my favorite Disney icons and the poster makes it feel so wonderfully classic.

Todd from OH on May 16th, 2011 at 10:39 pm

These are simply WONDERFUL!! Will fans be able to purchase copies of the posters?? Would LOVE to add these – especially Mermaid – to our collection!

Stanford from UT on May 16th, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Thanks for the cool update, Erin. Love the posters. I can’t wait for Buena Vista Street!

Jeffrey from CA on May 16th, 2011 at 11:27 pm

That is sweet! Amazing how Disney looks so different from the air!

Any plans for a special Disney Parks Blog event for the new Soundsational parade? *wink wink*

That counts as expansion right?

Alex from CA on May 17th, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I love Blue Sky Cellar and go there almost every time I’m at California Adventure. It’s great when they show us all the cool things the Imagineers are working on. I’m gonna go check out the update this weekend!

Philip on May 20th, 2011 at 12:24 am

Those new DCA attraction posters are awesome!

Hope they’ll make more of them for other attractions. I really want to see one for Muppet-Vision 3D.