Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Resort

New Menu Items Coming Soon to New Disney California Adventure Park Restaurants

posted on May 5th, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

As Erin Glover reported earlier today, two new quick-service spots debut July 1 at Paradise Pier at Disney California Adventure park. These new restaurants will be side-by-side, with 900 shared seats, and will be open for lunch and dinner. Here’s what you’ll find on the menus:

At Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta, on-stage kitchens will turn out flatbreads, pastas and freshly tossed salads. Flatbreads run the gamut from a traditional cheese or pepperoni to a Portobello mushroom and spinach flatbread with pesto, artichokes, mozzarella, ricotta-salata and Pecorino Romano (two fancy cheeses).

Classic Spaghetti and Meatballs Dish

Pasta fans can dig into classic spaghetti and meatballs, pasta tossed with chicken in a sun-dried tomato cream sauce, or five-cheese ravioli with pesto and toasted pine nuts. Hearty salads include a chicken Caesar; Mediterranean chef salad with provolone, salami, capocollo, fresh mozzarella, cured ham, roasted peppers, olives and greens in a red wine vinaigrette; and a field greens salad with Craisins dried cranberries, raisins, caramelized pecans and a basil vinaigrette.

A Classic Greek Salad with Grilled Pita

Next door, Paradise Garden Grill has a Mediterranean spin with a variety of skewers and kabobs – lemon-oregano chicken, Mediterranean, grilled steak or veggie and tofu served with rice pilaf, cucumber salad and grilled pita, with your choice of sauces to make it your own: Moroccan chili tomato, chimichurri, tandoori-spiced yogurt and tzatziki (a yogurt-cucumber-garlic sauce). A classic Greek salad with grilled pita also is on the menu. For kids, there’s a grilled chicken skewer or a beef kabob, both served with choice of sauce.

What’s your preference?

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disney Dining, Disneyland Resort

Mark on May 5th, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Sounds nothing like themepark food. Which is a great thing!

Fred from CA on May 5th, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Sounds great! I’m really looking forward to these new restaurants!

George on May 5th, 2011 at 9:38 pm

This is great and all…but you left out the most important part: Will the Corn Dog Castle reopen with the same menu, including the Cheddar Cheese Stick, and what will become of the Corn Dog King???

John from AZ on May 6th, 2011 at 1:29 am

These pictures are AWESOME! I have heard many, many good things about the new menu at the Village Haus in Fantasyland, I can’t wait to try these out. I just wish they would learn how to make a decent cheeseburger though. There was a time when Disney’s hamburgers and fries equalled the high quality of In-N-Out Burger.

Jesse on May 6th, 2011 at 2:58 am

Nom! More tofu!

Alonso on May 6th, 2011 at 5:39 am

Sounds delicious! Can’t wait for the new restaurants to open.

I love the new food you’re introducing to Disneyland and California Adventure, the new menus are fantastic. I recently visited the Hungry Bear and Village Haus and loved the meals I had.

Jessica from CA on May 6th, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Thanks for thinking of us “no food with a face” eaters!! Yummmm…tofu- Mediterranean style!

Melissa on May 6th, 2011 at 1:12 pm

The Mediterranean options sound delicious and refreshing! I would like to see a vegetarian option for the kids as well. I love eating at Disney Parks! There is always something unique and delicious to try!

Lori on May 6th, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Well, now I know I will never leave the Paradise Garden Grill! With THAT menu, just set up a tent for me in the corner! ;) YUM!!!

Tiffany on May 6th, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Yes what about the Corn Dog Castle??!! =)

Chris from CA on May 6th, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Sounds amazing, also can’t wait for Corn Dog Castle

Margo on May 6th, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I have tried several of the new items at the Village Haus and the Hungry Bear and love all the things we have now to choose from. I am so glad the giant meatballs are making a return. I have missed those at Pizza Port. Thanks for all these great options you are giving us. I will be trying the new places in DCA as soon as they are open.

Robin on May 7th, 2011 at 1:28 am

Hope the new menu tastes as good as the photos appear.

David from CA on May 9th, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Kudos on the recent menu changes at Disneyland and now California Adventure. We used to bring subway into the park (a real pain), but now that the food has improved so much, we are finding things we like at the counter service locations. Our last 4 trips we have found new and delicious options at Disneyland. Keep up the good work!