Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

New Pool Area Opening This Weekend at the Disneyland Hotel

posted on May 27th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

The enhancements at the Disneyland Hotel continue to take shape, and on Sunday, May 29, a new, immersive water play area will join Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam’s – Enchanted Tiki Bar, which opened earlier this week.

New Pool Area at the Disneyland Hotel

As we first told you about last year, the centerpiece of the new pool area will call to mind past Disneyland park iconography. Classic Disneyland block signage will combine with replica Monorail trains to create an experience that is both fun and nostalgic.

Also coming to the Disneyland Hotel pool area will be a new D-Ticket themed pool. Guests will have fun finding the subtle D-Tickets in the pool, which are reminiscent of the ticket books that were used in the early days of Disneyland. This will be followed in late 2011 by an E-Ticket themed pool, in the area which previously featured the Never Land pool.

The new pool space will also include Mickey and Minnie themed spas located at opposite ends of the pool area. Also, when the pool area is completed, six new cabanas will be available, featuring flat-screen TVs, refrigerators, safes, phones and ceiling fans.

Of course, these are just some of the changes happening at the Disneyland Hotel. Check out the video below to find out more from Tony Bruno, Vice President, Resorts & Downtown Disney, about the pool area, dining locations, and of course the new Fairy Tale and Big Thunder suites, which recently joined the Mickey Mouse Penthouse and Pirates of the Caribbean suites.

Which changes at the Disneyland Hotel are you most looking forward to?

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Hotels & Resorts

Fred from CA on May 27th, 2011 at 6:41 pm

I’m so glad that they are giving the Disneyland Hotel more of a story.

The new pool looks great, and I’m really looking forward to the new restaurants.

Nathan on May 27th, 2011 at 7:48 pm

That looks fantastic, Disney continues to one-up itself all the time!

Dina from AB on May 27th, 2011 at 8:21 pm

So cool — I love the nostalgic touches!!

Patti from CA on May 27th, 2011 at 8:39 pm

See you at the end of August! Staying at Paradise Pier … looking forward to the little changes there too!

Robin on May 27th, 2011 at 11:15 pm

I like the new additions to the pool! We stayed at The Disneyland Hotel for our honeymoon and everyone there made our stay so welcoming :) The question I have is about being able to frequent the pool as a regular park guest, not necessarily a hotel guest. I’m an Annual Passholder and was wondering if it’d be possible to just head to Disney for a day at the pool? (That’s what I thought the D-Ticket was… boo.)

Donna from CA on May 27th, 2011 at 11:23 pm

The pool area looks fun and the upgraded rooms look very nice, as well. The suites are beautiful.
But, why rename the towers? Those names are part of the iconography. But, I can see how you’re tying them to the parks.
Love the ‘D’ ticket theme :-)
Anything from the early years is heartwarming.Reminiscent of Walt still being there.

Ashley from CA on May 28th, 2011 at 12:54 am

Would guests from for instance The Grand Californian be able to ride the waterslides? :-)

Desiree A on May 28th, 2011 at 3:20 am

I’ve been staying at the Disneyland Hotel since I was a kid with my parents. I used to be so happy when we’d stay at the Disneyland Hotel. I still love it and now bring my kids there. Despite newer Disneyland hotels I always preferred the original. So I’m really happy that the hotel is finally getting the real facelift it needed. Now time to plan next years trip. :)

Tsz Leung from ON on May 28th, 2011 at 3:59 am

Do they allow pool hop at DLR? If you are a guest at Grand Cal can you use the Disneyland Hotel pool?

Jeffrey from CA on May 28th, 2011 at 5:29 am

Oh so FANCYYYY :)

Might have to stay for a night just to see the cool new features!

kynna on May 28th, 2011 at 9:49 am

As excited as I am about the new pool I had such a soft spot for the Neverland theme of the old one. It made you feel like you were already in the parks. I hope all those sweet character references aren’t going away completely in the makeover.

Fred from CA on May 29th, 2011 at 5:03 am

I ate dinner at the Tangaroa Terrace last night. The meal I had was really good and its a nice place. :)

sylvia on May 29th, 2011 at 6:32 am

hi, just a quick question…we’re going on the alaskan cruise in august, flying in direct to vancouver airport on the same day as the cruise, then flying straight back out

does anyone know if we are eligible for disney transfers – airport/ship/airport and how much they would cost please

thanks

Sara from TN on June 1st, 2011 at 2:43 pm

So which suite is being shown at the 1:15 mark, with the built-in bed? That looks amazing!