Cinderella Castle Fireworks Show

Star Tours Event at Disneyland Resort, You Want?

posted on May 6th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

UPDATE 5/16: Congratulations to all who were randomly selected to attend the “Star Tours Early Departure” at Disneyland park on May 20. Notifications have been sent to all who entered for a chance to attend. If you have any questions, please ask in the comments and we’ll do our best to answer. Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more upcoming events.

UPDATE: Thanks to all who entered for a chance to attend the “Star Tours Early Departure” at Disneyland park on May 20. The entry period is now closed, and eligibility confirmations are being sent to those who were randomly selected to participate.

We are very excited to provide the opportunity for Disney Parks Blog fans to be among the first in the galaxy to experience the new 3-D attraction at Disneyland Resort, before it officially opens June 3. In order to allow the randomly selected, eligible participants to experience the attraction when Disneyland park opens at 9:00 a.m., event check-in will be from 4 – 7:30 a.m. Good news – Toy Story parking lot will be available to eligible participants starting at 3:30 a.m. (parking fees not included). To commemorate the flight, participants will receive a button proclaiming them to be among the first to experience the new 3-D attraction at Disneyland park.

Star Tours Event at Disneyland Resort, You Want?

As you have heard through many galactic transmissions, the creative forces of Disney and Lucasfilm Ltd. have joined to create new spaceports that will be home to 3-D Star Tours attractions at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.

As we prepare to open these new spaceports, you have learned this week that Rebel forces have managed to enact secret plans to give Disney Parks Blog readers the opportunity to be on the very first departures of Star Tours Flight #1401.

On Thursday, Thomas Smith invited you to a special Star Tours Meet-Up at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. To celebrate the opening of “Star Tours – The Adventures Continue” at Disneyland Resort, we are inviting 1,200 of you (and a guest) to be among the first in the galaxy to experience the new 3-D attraction at Disneyland park on May 20.

Now through Monday, May 9, at 11:59 p.m. (PDT), you can enter for a chance to attend the “Star Tours Early Departure” at Disneyland park. We will randomly select 1,200 entries, and those selected will be able to bring one guest to experience Star Tours at Disneyland park on May 20. (Please see official rules for eligibility requirements. We will notify you via email if you are selected.)

Enter now. I’d wish you luck, but as Obi-Wan Kenobi so famously said, “…in my experience, there’s no such thing as luck.”

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

1 3 4

maya on May 15th, 2011 at 11:41 am

Seen as though I haven’t gotten anything, I now think I might have deleted it thinking it was spam too :(

Kellie on May 15th, 2011 at 11:51 am

I would like to know if we are going to recieve an e mail soon stating that we were not selected? I am pretty sure by now this contest must have selected the winners, but I have not received an official email.

Winslow on May 15th, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I have not reciebed an email in regared to whether or not i have been selected or not to attend, should i be expecting any email at this point?? i am really hoping ive been selected, star tours is my favorite ride!!

Duc on May 15th, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Hi there ! Will we be able to bring in bags/backpacks at 4-7:30 am as if it was a regular Disneyland trip or will we be required to leave them in the car until the premiere is over?

Erin Glover on May 16th, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Yes, feel free to bring the items you plan to carry with you that day. Please be sure to check here for a list of items that are not permitted within Disneyland park.

Salvador on May 15th, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Annual Pass-holders should have there tickets revoked and given to me I really want to go LOL

Wendy from CA on May 15th, 2011 at 7:35 pm

@ Erin…will there be any type of wait list the morning of the event in case there are no shows for those of us that were not chosen?? Thank-you.

Jacqueline on May 15th, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Hi Erin, it is now the 15th and I am starting to be completely convinced that there has to be some kind of glitch going on with Creative Zing’s emails to everyone who entered this meet-up contest :(. As I previously wrote, with the last 2 meet-ups I received an email right away, but this one seems to be taking longer. You answered my previous comment by writing that Creative Zing WILL be sending out emails to everyone who entered the contest by notifying them as to whether or not their entry has been accepted or denied. However, it seems I am not the only one who hasn’t received an email confirming either. Help, Erin? Anyone know what’s going on?

Erin Glover on May 16th, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Hi Jacqueline – Notifications are still being sent. We’ll let you know when they have all been distributed.

Aaron on May 16th, 2011 at 12:59 am

Hello Erin, I had a couple of quick questions. Do we have to use the special required tickets to get into the park or can we use our annual passes for admission, and can we use our annual passes as a valid form of id?

Erin Glover on May 16th, 2011 at 6:09 pm

The tickets you will receive upon entry are specifically required for this event. Please be sure to bring a valid government-issued ID to check in.

Vinh from CA on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 am

Hi, is there a way we would be able to experience CA Adventure with this pass? I read the affidavit and it says that we will receive a 1-Day, 1-Park pass to Disneyland, but it doesn’t mention any possibility of upgrading to a park hopper pass.

Erin Glover on May 16th, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Hi Vinh,

The complimentary tickets we are providing for this event are one-day, one-park and cannot be upgraded.

Jimi on May 16th, 2011 at 5:28 am

So Very Excited for the AP Star Tours Preview…. we missed the Bloggers entry…guess We had better log in more so we don’t miss the next Big Thing! cars Preview Perhaps? CONGRATS to all who won so far!….. Erin….. Can you tell us maybe when, and how they’ll be sending Emails to AP people? Will they be yes and No like the Blog Preview?….Do we have to respond ASAP like Blog Preview? Hope Everyone is Ready to BLAST OFF!!!! :)

Timmery on May 16th, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I also entered,but never received an email. Were we supposed to get one even if we were not chosen?

Natalie on May 16th, 2011 at 4:43 pm

hi! thank you for this awesome adenture! looking forward to the event!
see you bright and early- we should be there by 2-3 am!

jenn on May 16th, 2011 at 4:44 pm

hi. new on here.. iam a annual passholder and i signed up for the star tours sneek peak for disneyland. anyways, it says that on may 16 emails will be delivered to the winners. i noticed the disney blog winners are already announced. i keep cheacking my email hoping to be a winner of the ap sneek peak. anyone knows how long i should wait and not get my hopes up anymore. i will be in disneyland may 25-27th. thanks for any help

Fred from CA on May 16th, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Well, I finally received an e-mail, and as I suspected, it was the “bad” e-mail.

Again, I can’t be too unhappy, June 3rd is almost here. Also, I might still have a shot at the AP reviews.

Fred from CA on May 16th, 2011 at 5:39 pm

..sorry, I meant “previews”.

Kylie on May 16th, 2011 at 5:45 pm

I had asked this before and might have missed the answer, sorry if I did. Is there any benefit to arriving at 4:30 instead of later? Thank you very much and I can’t wait for the event!

Jimi on May 16th, 2011 at 8:10 pm

“The Force is Strong with me!!!”~HORRAY~I just got my notification that I’ve WON! The Annual Passholder Preview for June 1st~ Alas, I don’t think my Sister won, but I’m takig her anyway…. The EMAIL is from “dlresort@disneyonline.com” so make sure you don’t have your Spam blocking that email from DLR! ERIN, can you tell me if AP people will get an email saying if they did NOT get picked. She’s pretty heart broken. =(

Ismael from CA on May 16th, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I just got the confirmation email for a party of 2. However, my friend’s pass was not active on Apr 10th due to a missed payment, but is active now. Is she going to be able to go?

Erin Glover on May 17th, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Admission to Disneyland park will be provided to each winner
and their guest as they are escorted into the park for the event on May 20.

Marjorie on May 16th, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I won the annual passholder preview, and I am so excited! But for some reason, my name is misspelled on my email “ticket” that I need to print to get in. My first name is listed as my nickname, but only half of my last name is printed on the ticket. The passport number is correct and matches mine. Is the misspelling of my name on my ticket going to cause a problem? Can I somehow get a new corrected ticket sent to my email if so? Thanks :)

Jadie on May 16th, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Hi Erin, I was chosen for the AP Star Tours preview event!!! I am wondering if I will be issued a ticket the day of the event since my pass expired at the end of April. Will I be able to get in still? Thanks!

Darryl on May 16th, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I will not be able to make it to the park until 3:00pm. Will I still be able to use my preview ticket if I make it between 4:00 and 8:00pm? There is nothing on my ticket that registration is required or mandatory. Please reply as soon as you can.

Erin Glover on May 17th, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Event check-in takes place from 4 to 7:30 a.m. and you may check in any time during that window. Those arriving past 7:30 a.m. will not be able to participate and will forfeit their prize. Guests will be escorted to the Star Tours queue at 8 a.m. with the first ride starting around 9 a.m.

Fred from CA on May 16th, 2011 at 9:57 pm

…I didn’t make it into this event, but I just learned that I did win a spot for the AP previews! :)

Brian from CA on May 16th, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Question: Why anybody (probaly just me) who is @ Grad Nite June 2 be eligble because it will kind of hard for be in line while in the park?

Aaron on May 16th, 2011 at 11:50 pm

Sorry Erin one last question. I was the winner of the contest and have a valid government issued ID but my wife is my guest and she is still waiting for her new valid ID, does her ID need to be current to attend? Or just mine?

Luis on May 17th, 2011 at 2:14 am

I received my email earlier today. I won! Mines May 28th 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

Kevin on May 17th, 2011 at 2:59 am

Yeah, I’m ready to visit galaxies far, far away. Departure Date 05-29-2011, Finally I win something.

Iza on May 17th, 2011 at 3:46 am

i was picked as a winner for 5/23 my time slot is from 9:00am-1:00pm. would i still need to come at 7:30am to check in?

Minesh from CA on May 17th, 2011 at 11:56 am

Hi Erin,

My wife and I are lucky enough to win and are very excited. I just had one question though, the check in time is rather early, after check in is there an opportunity to get coffee/breakfast in the DTD area? Thanks again for this wonderful experience!

Erin Glover on May 17th, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Hi Minesh,

A select menu of light snacks and beverages will be available for purchase in the East Esplanade/check-in area.

Fred from CA on May 17th, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Everyone,

the Star Tours event mentioned in this blog post was for the chance to ride on May 20th, so if you received an e-mail with an invite to ride on May 23, 28, 29 or any day other than May 20th, then that means you won a spot for the Annual Passholder previews, which is a separate event with separate directions. So just follow the directions on the e-mail and you’ll be fine.

Steve on May 17th, 2011 at 2:28 pm

My hopes and dreams were crushed ;) in my “spam” folder today so make sure you check there for e-mail confirmation as well. Congrats to all the winners from all us losers and hope you all have a great time. Look forward to riding once we get AP’s again later this year.

Tim on May 17th, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Just one question.

Does my guest need to show an ID, or just me, since just my name is listed in the e-mail?

Thanks.

Desly on May 18th, 2011 at 2:02 am

Hi Erin I got my email and I don’t know if they will let me in because my name is not the same but the annual pass # is correct will this be a problem?

George on May 18th, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Hi Erin, I got my Email stating I can ride on the 20th, which im super excited about. However my question itself is about the ride. For those of us who do get the chance to ride Star Tours that day, are we allowed to ride it only once for the day? Or are we allowed to see it multiple times that day?

Julie on May 18th, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I won tickets and will be able to check-in at the designated time, but I have work that day from 8AM until 5PM. Will I still be able to come back to the park after work to go on the ride? If not, may I transfer my ticket to somebody I know, or will it just go to a random person? Also, where is the East Esplanade area?

Julie on May 18th, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Also, would my guest be able to stay and enjoy the ride&park while I’m at work? I understand that we may not be able to ride together once I arrive though. Or maybe the guest may enjoy the park until I arrive so that we may ride together?

Ryan from CA on May 18th, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Will the esplanade be open? We’re staying at the Grand Californian, do we have to walk all the way around to get to the east esplanade or will we be able to walk through from Downtown Disney?

Jessica on May 18th, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Hi Erin,
How would we know if we won? My friend got an email to notify her that she did not win. I didn’t get one. Thanks!

Kathy on May 19th, 2011 at 10:28 am

The east esplanade is right outside of the bag checks. It is a small booth you pass if you were to go to the tram stop fro the Lion King parking area.

Jessika on May 19th, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Will cameras be allowed at this event? I have a DSLR (non-professional) and wanted to know if I could bring it or if I should just leave it at home.

Felicia on May 19th, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Where is the East Esplanade enterance? It says on harbor but isn’t the enterance on harbor still closed? Lastly, where can the toy story parking be found?

Melissa on May 20th, 2011 at 5:13 pm

When I was moving my e-mail form junkmail to inbox my mouse accidently pressed delete! Is there anyway I can confirm that I won the contest?! I had the e-mail but I did not respond before it was deleted! Is there any hope?! :(

1 3 4