Tokyo DisneySea, Tower of Terror

‘Star Tours – The Adventures Continue’ Prepares for Launch at Florida Mall Sneak Peek Event

posted on May 18th, 2011 by Gary Buchanan, Social Media Managing Editor

As we await the gala launch of “Star Tours – The Adventures Continue” at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, we asked C-3PO, R2-D2 and some of their closest pals to join us for some sneak peek events.

The Florida Mall in Orlando was the site of one of these early looks at the galactic fun, with Princess Leia Minnie and Jedi Mickey joining many Star Wars and Disney Parks fans for the festivities.

Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and creator of the “Her Universe” line of Star Wars-themed fangirl fashion, wielded our custom-built “mic-saber” and joined us to report on the event. No stranger to Disney’s Hollywood Studios (she is a former Cast Member), Ashley will return as one of the Celebrity Hosts of Star Wars Weekends 2011. Star Wars Weekends 2011 kicks off May 20, the same day “Star Tours – The Adventures Continue” officially opens at Walt Disney World Resort.

Let’s check in with Ashley as she talks a little Star Wars and Star Tours with fans at Florida Mall.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Elizabeth from FL on May 18th, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Great video! And tell Ashley to tell her husband…”GO GATORS!”

:-)

Paul from OH on May 18th, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I wish they would bring Star Tours to a mall in Columbus! That would be awesome. Thanks for a great video and I am looking forward to seeing tghe new ride when we come in July!!!!!

Jim on May 18th, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I loved that there was a little “sneak peek” of some of the ride scenes — looked like a space battle (near the beginning), Hoth and a Death Star hangar (just after the 3:00 mark) in there. I assumed that this was the case, but the video appears to confirm it: seems like this is all CGI rather than practical special effects, right?

Not sure how I feel about that.

Joseph on May 18th, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I just got to disneyworld today & rode the ride twice today! I thought the effects were great! I hope everyone enjoys the ride!

Heidi on May 18th, 2011 at 11:09 pm

To answer Ashley’s question about what color Chewbacca’s eyes are, they are usually brown. However, they are sometimes blue as one of the actors (not Peter Mayhew)that portrays him has blue eyes. I can’t remember his name right now, but my husband has met him.

Brian on May 19th, 2011 at 10:49 am

I’ll be there tomorrow for the launch!!! So excited.