Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse Statue at Walt Disney World Resort

A Surprise Vow Renewal Fit for a Princess at Walt Disney World

posted on June 2nd, 2011 by Korri McFann, Worldwide Marketing & Business Development Director, Weddings & Honeymoons

Every once in a while a story comes along that still amazes me – even after being here for 15 years. Brian & Danielle’s story does just that. Brian surprised his wife with a vow renewal fit for a princess – yes, you heard me right, surprised! He created the “Princess for a Day Contest,” which of course Danielle won, and then enlisted our help to make his wife’s wedding dreams a reality. Check out the video below of the surprise wedding dress reveal.

After a little bibbidi bobbidi boo, the couple were off to say “I do” once again at Disney’s Wedding Pavilion. According to Brian, the day kept getting better and the entire event went off without a hitch.

A Surprise Vow Renewal at Walt Disney World A Surprise Vow Renewal at Walt Disney World A Surprise Vow Renewal at Walt Disney World A Surprise Vow Renewal at Walt Disney World

Want to meet more real couples like Brian & Danielle? Follow us on Facebook and Ever After Blog for real couple spotlights and all things happily-ever-after.

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort, Weddings & Honeymoons

Mark on June 2nd, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Absolutely fabulous! This is definitely giving me some ideas!

Carrie on June 2nd, 2011 at 3:43 pm

What a beautiful surprise!

Diane from BC on June 2nd, 2011 at 6:31 pm

This is just wonderful….brought tears to my eyes….congrats to this lucky couple

Jennifer on June 3rd, 2011 at 4:07 am

That is one REALLY lucky women!! I have to admit I teared up a little. I can only wish for an amazing surprise like this someday.

Rachael on June 3rd, 2011 at 6:38 am

sniff, sniff, I am such a sucker for beautiful surprises! Someone please pass the tissues….

Karilin on June 4th, 2011 at 12:42 am

In the words of the Mouse: Awwww, shucks! That was so beautiful, I was already getting misty-eyed when I saw her come in the room, expectant of her reaction -tears finally popped out when I saw him crying of joy for her happiness. My wedding dream is a Disney wedding, so I can almost imagine the feeling of such an emotive and romantic moment. One day, I’ll have this, too! Congratulations, Brian and Danielle! Here’s to many more years of love and magic together!

Michael on June 4th, 2011 at 6:34 am

Brian is my new hero! While we haven’t been married 23 years…we have been married long enough to know my bride is my Fairy Princess too! The ideas are starting to run fast and furious now! Thank you for sharing this wonderful story…

Kimberly from MD on June 4th, 2011 at 10:55 am

Sometimes they just get it so right. :) Makes me have hope in relationships again.

Michelle on June 4th, 2011 at 10:56 am

Beautiful! Brought tears to my eyes watching. Congrats to the lovely couple. Very lucky lady, Brian is a gem and very thoughtful.

Colleen from PA on June 4th, 2011 at 11:36 am

All I have to say is “AWWWWW” Even the staff in the background are crying!

John on June 4th, 2011 at 11:43 am

Just celebrated our 10th anniversary at the park in April and had thought about doing this myself, just didn’t know how to go about it. Now I’ll have to figure it out for our december trip!

Jennifer on June 4th, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Can someone PLEASE hint to my hubby to do this for us in a few years??? We never even had a real ceremony, so this would make all my princess dreams come true. :)

Gayle on June 4th, 2011 at 12:10 pm

How do you watch this and not cry?!? What a wonderful husband and a great surprise! Danielle looked like a Princess!

Pamela on June 4th, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I believe in magic….At my age, this Minnie Mouse fan is still looking for her Mickey Mouse and this is where I will be to get married….A dream is a wish your heart makes….

Sherry from AB on June 4th, 2011 at 12:39 pm

A beautiful surprise that I would make a special memory for years to come.

Cindy on June 4th, 2011 at 1:47 pm

So sweet…I wish a Disney wish that my husband of 10 years this year would do something so beautiful and romantic like this especially as Disney nuts I am. She is one lucky woman.

Gaylin from BC on June 4th, 2011 at 2:06 pm

That is seriously impressive. Brian is the man! How thoughtful, from beginning to end!

jennifer on June 4th, 2011 at 2:42 pm

aww que bonito:)…this is so sweet and one day I’ll have this too:)

Kathleen on June 4th, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Awww, that was so sweet! Yep, you can’t help but tear up!! My fiance and I will be spending our Honeymoon in Disney in just 6 weeks!!! And did I mention he’s my high school sweetheart…..oh yeah, we graduated in 1982! Took awhile, but dreams DO come true!!
Congratulations Danielle and Brian!!!

Barbara from DE on June 4th, 2011 at 6:09 pm

What an awesome husband she has!

Katherine on June 4th, 2011 at 8:51 pm

This is possibly the most romantic thing I have ever seen. She is one lucky lady (and her husband is a genius)!

Carrie from NC on June 4th, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I cried. What better way of saying I love you more each day. Renewing thier vows with the Royal Court is a dream come true for any couple. Still single and awaiting my own Mickey Mouse. Maybe that’s why I’m single haven’t met him yet.

Emily on June 5th, 2011 at 12:53 am

So Sweet! It brought tears to my eyes…

Susie on June 7th, 2011 at 3:11 am

This was so sweet. I got tears in my eyes, too. It brought back wonderful memories…. My husband and I got married at the pavillion 4 1/2 years ago. And we had our reception at the Atlantic Dance Hall on the Boardwalk. (The absolute best place to have the reception because everything is already set up!!!) And it was between Christmas and New Year’s so the decor was wonderful…. They do such an awesome job!!!

Charlene on June 7th, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Oh my goodness. My favorite so far. And my favorite character too. Many happy returns. Now, I can wipe away the tears. My husband and I celebrate 43 years tomorrow. What fun to have planned this for the two of us. I’m still teary eyed. I love it!!!!!

brian on June 11th, 2011 at 1:22 am

Thank You for the wonderful thoughts. What made it special was we have been married for 23 years but never had a wedding. Our children in the video 22 and 19 years old enjoyed this day as well. they were very happy for thier Disney Princess Mom. I could not have asked for a better partner than Disney to make our dreams come true. Thank You MOUSE! While I would not recommend waiting 23 years for a wedding, we can attest you appreciate it so much more when your grown children are part of it all.

Lottie from MI on June 24th, 2011 at 5:07 pm

This was absolutely amazing! I have a huge announcement for my husband, and I plan to make it at WDW during our 10th anniversary trip in a few weeks. I want HUGE, not a custom cake or flowers delivered to the dinner table, as CM’s keep suggesting for me. I want something like this wonderful surprise. Any tips on where to start?

Lottie from MI on June 24th, 2011 at 5:08 pm