Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Cars Land Virtual Drive-Through at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on June 29th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Can’t wait to take a stroll through Radiator Springs? If the opening of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park next year has you ready to cruise past Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi’s Flying Tires, then you don’t want to miss this video. It takes you on a virtual drive-through of Cars Land, giving you an idea of what it will look like when it opens in 2012.

What will be the first thing you do when you visit Cars Land next year?

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Roger on June 29th, 2011 at 4:35 pm

That is awesome! You can really start to get a feel for the scale and the atmosphere of acually being in Radiator Springs. Obviously all the fine detailing isn’t show in the fly-through, so when Cars Land opens for real I’m sure that it is going to be even more amazing.

Thanks for sharing it here on the Disney Parks blog.

Adam on June 29th, 2011 at 4:44 pm

“What will be the first thing you do when you visit Cars Land next year?”

Wait in line for 3 hours

Alissa on June 29th, 2011 at 4:47 pm

This could either be totally awesome, or a big Toon Town-esque dud. Either way, can’t wait to check it out!

matthew on June 29th, 2011 at 4:49 pm

FLO’S. MAC AND CHEESE. YES.

Walter from CA on June 29th, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Very COOL!!! I am really looking forward to next year. :)

jakob on June 29th, 2011 at 5:15 pm

looks amazing. where does the line start for the racers ride?

John on June 29th, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I really hope that you guys have a Passholder night for Cars Land. I know my wife and daughter would love to get in with me for a sneak peak

stephen on June 29th, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Looks great! I just hope there is a LOT more foliage when it is completed. I know it is a desert and all, but there should be some plants like cacti and and low bushes and some trees for some much needed shade. Thanks for posting!

Dawn on June 29th, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I wanna stay at the Cozy Cone…….. HAHAHA

Randy on June 29th, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Wow! Very cool! All of Radiator Springs is there. We will do everything!!

mary on June 29th, 2011 at 7:13 pm

My Grandson is all ready so excited! Will be glad when they ge to a point of some frame for an opening date is it still going to be spring or are the rumors that it is at least 8 months behind schedule true???

Thor from CA on June 29th, 2011 at 7:20 pm

This looks so cool! I can’t wait for my Disney Parks visit in 2012 so that I can wander through Cars Land for real and see it all!

denise on June 29th, 2011 at 8:00 pm

I can’t wait, will go on everything, but really hope as a Premium Passholder we (my family and i) get to see it on a special night. Doesnt have to be before, but just like the World of Color Disney offered 2 days for passholders only to experience it and it was awesome!

Adrienne from NV on June 29th, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I’m going to Fillmore’s to get an organic drink!!

Karen from IL on June 30th, 2011 at 9:07 am

I just cant wait this looks so fun! We already love Disneyland and this will make us want to come there again once this is open.We live in Chicago and this will be another trip of family fun to come see all the new stuff since 2007 when we were there last.

Fred from CA on June 30th, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I am so excited! :D

I love Cars. I cannot wait to explore the town of Radiator Springs just as it appeared in the movie!

Cars Land can’t open fast enough for me, I’ve been excited about this land ever since it was first announced in 2007. :)

Kelly from LA on June 30th, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Too bad Walt Disney World in Florida isn’t getting this attraction. Looks like fun.

Melissa on June 30th, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Will they be opening this ride in Walt Disney World too? I heard a rumor it would come in 2013.. Is this true?

Bernadette on June 30th, 2011 at 1:33 pm

This is soooo great!! Exactly Like Radiator springs, if this even comes close, I will be VERY Happy… Gonna be so much fun… Can’t Wait… Love the “virtual”…. .

Flor on June 30th, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I hope they sell unique items, I am so excited to see how it will all through out!

William on July 1st, 2011 at 12:48 pm

It looks like it will be a great new attraction and that it would fit really well within the Holllywood Studios! hint, hint, hint….:-)

Craig on July 1st, 2011 at 12:55 pm

the video is only 1:33 I hope the ride is longer than that! Earlier post commented on Toon Town similarities. have skipped TT the past 3 times to the park. This Cars thing leaves me a bit cold, like Toon Town does.

What is there for adults? For repeat rides?

CW

Nicholas on July 1st, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Looks awesome! Cant wait to come to California to try it. Never been to Disneyland :( but I go to Walt Disney World all the time :) looking forward to New Fantasyland!

Glenn on July 2nd, 2011 at 12:37 am

What’s there ?
Take a look at other posts about it.
Besides multiple kids rides it will have radiator springs racers. One of the biggest, fastest, rides in Disney with side by side racers.

Fred from CA on July 2nd, 2011 at 1:35 am

Craig–
Cars Land will be 12 acres, and will include two family rides, and one large high-speed trill ride, (the thrill ride takes up about 6 acres, I believe.)

This video is actually an architectural model that was made by Imagineering for the purposes of determining scale.

This video shows a very plain, pastel look at the land, it will not look like that in real life, it will have all of the details of Radiator Springs from the movie.

Mayumi on July 2nd, 2011 at 3:11 am

This ride is going to be so amazing!

Trisha from CA on July 3rd, 2011 at 12:30 pm

I’m so excited! I can’t wait. Definitely looking forward to the similar test track ride! It’s one of my favorites at WDW so having it in CA will be a treat. I love the ending acceleration speed test. It never disappoints!

Charles on July 5th, 2011 at 3:29 am

I am very excited for this area to open! I wish you would change the name to “Radiator Spring” or “Carburetor County” though, instead of the rather dull and (and somewhat silly) “Cars Land.” It doesn’t seem to fit with the other names–Paradise Pier, Golden State, Sunshine Plaza, etc. Still, I think this is going to be a fantastic addition and will be an unmissable experience! Yay!

Rita from FL on July 5th, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I can’t wait since this is opening a little bit before our trip over to California :)

Danielle on July 6th, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Where in the park is this going to be? Is there a map of where it’s being built? I love it!

Fred from CA on July 8th, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Danielle–
Cars Land is being built right across from the Blue Sky Cellar/Golden Vine Winery, next to the Bakery Tour attraction.

Carlos from TX on July 15th, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Our family’s getting excited about visiting for 4th of July, 2012. What is the projected opening date for Cars Land?