Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Royal Guest Rooms Now Available for Booking

posted on June 17th, 2011 by Charles Stovall, Public Relations Manager

Royal Guest Room at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside

Two new ways for guests of Walt Disney World Resort hotels to live like their favorite Disney characters are now on sale. Building on the success of Pirate Rooms at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, new “Disney Story Rooms” are now available for guests booking vacations in 2012 – Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and the Royal Guest Rooms at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside.

Royal Guest Room at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside

Opening in early Spring 2012, the Royal Guest Rooms at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside allow princes and princesses of all ages to stay where Disney royalty have stayed. Guests find regal touches left behind by some of their favorite Disney characters like fiber optics special effects above ornately decorated beds with gold and crystal accents; custom linens and drapes; and in-room art and details including princely banners and princess friends. The 512 Royal Guest Rooms start at $189 per night.

Walt Disney World guests also can now book rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, a brand new Walt Disney World Value Resort opening in early Summer 2012. Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will immerse guests into their favorite Disney stories – including Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Nemo” and “Cars,” as well as Walt Disney Pictures’ “The Lion King” and “The Little Mermaid.”

The one-of-a-kind resort will feature more than 800 standard guest rooms and more than 1,100 family suites (which sleep up to six people) at its completion. Standard rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort start at $94 per night and family suites start at $248 per night.

Walt Disney World guests have more than 20 uniquely-themed resort hotels from which to choose – something for just about every taste, family size and budget. Walt Disney World Resort hotels offer convenient transportation and access to Walt Disney World theme parks and other entertainment options.

For more information on Walt Disney World Resort hotels or to book a Walt Disney World vacation, guests can check out disneyworld.com or call 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or their local travel agent.

Tagged:

Filed: Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

kristie on June 17th, 2011 at 9:34 am

these rooms look amazing, can’t wait to see them in person !!

Christopher on June 17th, 2011 at 9:40 am

These are nice, but I wish the Haunted Mansion rooms had been done.

Sarah from SC on June 17th, 2011 at 9:44 am

Can’t wait to stay in “The Little Mermaid” wing of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort!

Erin from RI on June 17th, 2011 at 9:56 am

This is very exciting news. The photos look amazing! We are looking forward to seeing all that the new resort has to offer. Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait!

Meredith from MA on June 17th, 2011 at 9:59 am

How exciting! Port Orleans Riverside is a family favorite! Such a beautiful resort – the new Royal Guest Rooms look beautiful!

Marta from PR on June 17th, 2011 at 10:03 am

Great!!!! now I can feel that Disney is totally thinking of my 5 people family. Hope I can enjoy those suites soon. I’m going to share this info!! Thanks

Deborah from PA on June 17th, 2011 at 10:05 am

Just tried to see about booking late April and it says not available. Exactly when is “early Spring”?

Robin on June 17th, 2011 at 10:10 am

Any idea when rooms start being available for Art of Animation? I just called & the person I spoke with told me they weren’t booking yet! We’re going in mid-April 2012 & I’d love to change our reservation to there!

shantal on June 17th, 2011 at 10:16 am

Tried to go online to book but this resort is not listed. Do we book only by phone?

Charles Stovall on June 17th, 2011 at 11:37 am

You can book both online, if they are available for the dates you need.

Amy from GA on June 17th, 2011 at 10:20 am

My daughter cant wait to stay in the royal guest room. Booking our reservation right now! :)

Neil on June 17th, 2011 at 10:23 am

Neat … however, as a couple who enjoy visiting WDW, I just wish they had a Standard Lion King room ;)

Penny from DE on June 17th, 2011 at 10:29 am

Can the Royal Guest Rooms sleep 5?

Charles Stovall on June 17th, 2011 at 11:38 am

Royal Guest Rooms sleep up to four people.

Penny from DE on June 17th, 2011 at 10:33 am

I saw you can book Art & Animation online in July. Wish it was earlier, like in May especially since it looks like the Royal suites don’t sleep 5.

kristina on June 17th, 2011 at 11:22 am

I was just checking dates and u can book at art of animation in may 2012!!!!!and i confirmed it with a rep.!!

Rebecca on June 17th, 2011 at 11:26 am

Love it, I’ll be booking my trip next week!!!

Amanda from OH on June 17th, 2011 at 11:45 am

These rooms are beautiful…I wish there were more pictures of them. I can’t wait for my next trip!! What stories are available? I would love Beauty and the Beast!!

Russell from GA on June 17th, 2011 at 11:48 am

Are the family suites one room or separate? The website wasn’t totally clear. Thanks!

Charles Stovall on June 17th, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Family suites at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort feature one queen-size bed in the master bedroom and a living room with one double-size Inova TableBed and one double-size sleeper sofa. These suites also offer 2 bathrooms, a mini-kitchen, reading chair and table and chairs. All suites are non-smoking. Wheelchair-accessible suites are available. Amenities include a flat-panel TV, in-room wall safe, voice mail, high speed Internet access (additional fee), microwave, compact refrigerator, coffeemaker, hairdryer, iron and ironing board.

Alicia on June 17th, 2011 at 11:49 am

Our travel agent confirmed availablity for Port Orleans as early as Feb 28th.

Eric on June 17th, 2011 at 11:57 am

I’ve been a loyal Port Orleans: French Quarter booster ever since “the troubles” ten years ago (still my favorite Moderate resort), and I have to ask: WHY is TIana’s royal bedroom not in New Orleans? :)
(And besides, seems like FQ could use the incentive to draw kids and parents.)

But I’m still saving my next trip for the AoA–Don’t know when, but save a Lion King or Mermaid room for me!

Jeremy on June 17th, 2011 at 12:06 pm

This room looks amazing! Lion King and Finding Nemo themes would be cool. I especially like the art above the headboards and the Magic Carpet design on the floor. They should make a “life size” Magic Carpet for sale!

Melissa on June 17th, 2011 at 12:12 pm

The princess rooms look amazing! We’re going for our daughters birthday in February and it would be awesome to surprise her with a princess room! :) Now I just have to talk my husband into it.

Gerardo on June 17th, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I want that Carpet!!

stacie from AL on June 17th, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Yes they are available to book now as I am booking a few clients in them now!

CONCETTA on June 17th, 2011 at 1:34 pm

The Royal Guest Rooms are absolutely perfect!!! thank you for posting the pictures. I can’t wait to stay there for our honeymoon next September. I couldn’t ask for a better way to spend our honeymoon than in a room built for a princess!!!!

Robert from MS on June 17th, 2011 at 1:36 pm

when i talked to a phone rep about the art of animation, they said that the suites would be available first, but that the standard rooms (little mermaid) would be later 2012.

Kevin on June 17th, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Does anyone know if the Royal Guest Rooms are / will be wheelchair-accessible?

Charles Stovall on June 17th, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Yes. There will be accessible Royal Guest Rooms.

Carleen from CO on June 17th, 2011 at 2:04 pm

The rooms look amazing…BUT! OH…MY…GOSH! Are the rates that I’m seeing on the Disney World website correct?? $345-$395 per night?? How is that a “Value Resort”?? I can book 3 rooms at Pop Century Resort just across the bridge for the price of just 1 room at the Animation Resort! Uh, if these prices are for real, uh, no thanks. I’ll stick to my Pop Century VALUE Resort!

Jerry on June 17th, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Is this a value resort or a moderate? When will the AP discounts be available?

Charles Stovall on June 20th, 2011 at 11:42 am

Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is a value resort. We don’t have information on AP discounts at this time.

karen from LA on June 17th, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I love these rooms, it ALMOST makes me want to resort hop on our next visit. someone posted about haunted mansion rooms, that would have been great, i also was wishing for a villian dining option.

Chris from CA on June 17th, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Are these special rooms also in the Disney Vacation Club rooms?

justine from MA on June 17th, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Can u choose what themed room you stay…can I choose memo or cars?

Charles Stovall on June 20th, 2011 at 11:36 am

Yes, Guests may choose which theme, however Finding Nemo, Cars and The Lion King buildings are exclusively family suites. Standard rooms are only available in The Little Mermaid buildings.

Meghan on June 18th, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Will the standard rooms at Art of Animation be dispered throughout the hotel or will they be located in one building?

Charles Stovall on June 20th, 2011 at 9:37 am

The Royal Guest Rooms will located in the same buildings, not spread throughout the resort.

Maggie from OH on June 18th, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Am I understanding correctly that these are just specially themed rooms at Port Orleans that cost a little more per night, rather like the pirate rooms at Caribbean Beach?

Mary Catherine on June 20th, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I wonder if Pop Century and Art of Imagination will be sharing buses as the different All Star resorts do?

Mary from FL on June 22nd, 2011 at 11:44 am

Little Mermaid All the way!!!!!!!

Belkis on June 24th, 2011 at 2:03 am

When can you book for Disney’s Art of Animation Resort Little Mermaid?

Victor on July 12th, 2011 at 3:41 pm

For 2012, I would very much like to take my wife to the new Art of Animation resort for our 2nd anniversary. We were married at the Yacht Club at WDW 18 April 2010 and I’d love to book on or around 18 April 2012. The system currently says there are no rooms available at A of A. Is it possible that as things develop there may be rooms available in April at A of A? If not, when is the official opening of the new resort?

Thanks,
Victor

By the way, we love you guys

Jean from WI on July 14th, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Has anyone heard when the standard rooms will become available for booking at the Art of Animation resort yet?

Kelly on July 15th, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I am also wondering when the Little Mermaid rooms will be available for booking. I tried this evening for booking in the fall of 2012 and only the suites were available.

Kelly on July 15th, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I did some research just now and found the below on another site.

” The 864 standard hotel rooms will be in The Little Mermaid section of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. The hotel will open in sections, and The Little Mermaid section is slated to open last – in December 2012.”