Fireworks at Disneyland Park

‘Fantasmic!’ Expands to Seven Nights a Week

posted on June 24th, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

What’s better than “Fantasmic!” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios? How about “Fantasmic!” seven nights a week?

‘Fantasmic!’ Expands to Seven Nights a Week

The show, which creatively combines moments from popular Disney films with water, lights, special effects and music, will be offered nightly July 3-Sept. 30. Because showtimes will vary, guests are encouraged to visit www.disneyworld.com for updated performance times, or pick up a Times Guide once inside the park. Entertainment is subject to change without notice.

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

Miranda on June 24th, 2011 at 12:10 pm

That’s great to hear! Went to Disney this past March, and missed seeing Fantasmic because of the scheduled times!

Eddie on June 24th, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Awesome news!! Fantasmic is an amazing show.

Have a great day,
Steamboat Eddie

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 29th, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Thanks!

Brian on June 24th, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Great news! Best show at WDW.

Timothy on June 24th, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Any hope on this being a permanent change?

Eric on June 24th, 2011 at 12:54 pm

How about an all-new show–or importing something closer to Disneyland’s version–to go along with all the other new WDW changes?
The original show was envisioned as more of a history-of-Disney “World of Color”, but “Mickey vs. the Villains” (and all the Pocahontas/Hunchback) was a product of Paul Pressler’s failed attempt in the early 00′s to use the Studio to sell the Villains marketing.

Fantasmic’s a great experience, but the story still seems to belong to the earlier regime.

Brian on June 24th, 2011 at 1:11 pm

It figures. Our planned day (9/27)is one of the only days that doesn’t have a performance. Oh well. I guess the upside is there will probably be low crowds.

John from CA on June 24th, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Fantasmic is my all-time favorite Disney show. I’ve got the whole 26-minute soundtrack memorized!

Charles on June 24th, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Here’s the thing…the nightly performances never should have been dropped in the first place.

Elizabeth from FL on June 24th, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Just saw it for the first time in a long time last night…and it DEFINITELY needs some updating. Still a great show though. Any show that actually has that much Mickey in it is always a good time!

John on June 24th, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Great news, but terrible that it’s temporary.

Gregory from MA on June 24th, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Fantasmic never should have reduced it’s schedule in the first place. I hope the new nightly schedule becomes permanent.

Pam from MD on June 24th, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Yes, please make this permanent. We’re visiting on Oct 1 and will just miss the nightly performances.

Victoria from VA on June 24th, 2011 at 4:08 pm

So glad to hear this. Last year we had to move heaven and earth to see Fantasmic!, as it was only going to be shown one night of the 6 that we were there. We knew it would be packed, and it turned out to be so packed that they had to add another show that same night. It was such a logistical hassle that we were going to give up on it this year. Now we can put it back on the itinerary. In my opinion, only showing it sporadically was a mistake. I hope they make this change permanent.

Gary on June 24th, 2011 at 7:20 pm

The greatest show in Disney…seen it for the first time after my dad died….it brought me so many happy memories and when I return to Orlando every year, myself and my family make it a priority to go and see it.

Kevin from NJ on June 24th, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I love Fantasmic! I have to agree with the others though. Fantasmic should never have had reduced performances to begin with.

Hopefully this will end up beinga permanent change. {:o)

stephen on June 24th, 2011 at 8:41 pm

THANK YOU! The limited schedule was such a hassle when it came to planning an itinerary.

I agree with Eric. I think it’s time our Fantasmic! got some enhancements. Maybe a new dragon? I think adding the Pinnochio segment from Disneyland would be a great improvement too. I love Flotsam and Jetsam from Disneyland’s too!

Tsz Leung from ON on June 24th, 2011 at 10:51 pm

I love the Disneyland version much better. The LED Mickey hat in Tokyo DisneySea version is awsome too! I hope DHS’s will get an upgrade soon.

Ian on June 25th, 2011 at 12:00 am

About time this has been brought back after the pointless Entertainment budget cuts back in 2008. Now we just need Pleasure Island (and more importantly the Adventureres Club) back, and life will be good again!

Kungaloosh!

Brian from CA on June 25th, 2011 at 4:42 am

The Disneyland verson is still better… no long streched out villion section, no Poichantist and it the stage disapears and becomes an normal pathway during the day. Ha beat that Florida!

Terry from FL on June 25th, 2011 at 8:20 am

I would rather see something new take it’s place. It’s always been a pale imitation of the much superior Disneyland version (which keeps being updated).

stephen on June 25th, 2011 at 12:17 pm

When compared to Tokyo DisneySea’s and Disneyland’s versions, Disney Hollywood Studios’s version seems to fall flat is the “weak link” of sorts.

Aaron on June 25th, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Wow, what a cost this must be. It’s no wonder they couldn’t do this permanently as this show must be taxing on the cast, crew and pocketbook. Hope guests take advantage of this and the show isn’t standing room only every night.

Edward from TX on June 25th, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I am happy to see it is back on nightly, but agree that it should have never been dropped in the first place. It creates absolute misery in Disney’s Hollywood Studios on the days it runs when it only plays once or twice a week. If there is truly not the budget to keep it running nightly, then I feel it should just bid a farewell and be replaced with a new version of World of Color (surely there would be the budget to run an actor-less show nightly).

Miguel on June 26th, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Perfect!! im so happy, I LOVE FANTASMIC :)

Daniel from NH on June 26th, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Here is another request to make this a permanent change. While we love Fanasmic! we have avoided going ever since the show was limited to only a few showings a week. Quite honestly, we did not enjoy the logistics of trying to plan it into our itinerary, and most certainly did not want to face the hordes trying to see one of the limited showings. We also noticed several missing effects the last time we did see the show (the torches on the Indian canoes come to mind) so I hope that things are back up and running in true Disney form. Looking forward to finding out on our next trip!

Aydin from ON on June 27th, 2011 at 10:06 am

I’ve never seen it. It’s just been such a pain – Studios overcrowded on Fantasmic days, waiting in line, etc. Now, I’ll finally get to see it!!
I really hope that this becomes a permanent change. It’ll bring more life into the studios – right now, many people don’t stay until closing. I’ll be going to WDW in November, so I hope this is extended!

Rob on June 27th, 2011 at 11:54 am

This is the best thing I’ve read all day! Jennifer when are we gonna get a the video of the Fantsyland expansion that you said you were gonna post a while back when you posted about the Beasts and Belles castle? I love Disney and I love this project so any more info would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 29th, 2011 at 2:15 pm

It shouldn’t be too much longer. WDI wanted a specific amount of work to get done before they produce a video showing the progress.

Thomas on June 29th, 2011 at 7:53 am

This is always a must see for us when we visit! We are glad its back on the nightly schedule for our upcoming visit!!!

jen on June 29th, 2011 at 10:13 am

I am so excited. I am going in August with my 2 DD and I myself have never seen Fantasmic.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 29th, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Arrive early to get a good seat. The show has a great finale, so be sure to have your video camera ready!

Judy from TX on June 29th, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I hope that it has expanded hours around Christmas – we’re going the week before – love Fantasmic!!!!

Rachel from West Midlands on June 30th, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Fantasmic is one of my all time favourite attractions. This is good news but I would reiterate what everyone else is saying. Nightly permanently please. 8:o)

Tamara on July 3rd, 2011 at 11:14 am

Ohhh We are soooo excited! We arrive in 6 days and 2 hours! :) We <3 Disney!

Patricia on July 3rd, 2011 at 11:20 am

Awsome News, Best show wvwe. I have missed it on some visits because its not showing when I there, now I can see it more tha once a visit!!!!!!

Wendy from VA on July 3rd, 2011 at 11:22 am

Glad to have you back, Fantasmic! Give some thought to sticking around nightly on a permanent basis. :) We miss you.

Josephine on July 3rd, 2011 at 11:24 am

Glad to see added hours!!!! If a family has a short trip hard to fit in especially if bad weather occurs. But would be excited to see it updated!!! Fantasmic is AWESOME!!!

Elysa on July 3rd, 2011 at 11:53 am

It is one of my favorites at Disneyworld. I tell everyone not to miss it!

Michael from CT on July 3rd, 2011 at 12:54 pm

This is great news but it needs to go back to being nightly permenantly… or at LEAST until Star Tours 2 crowds die down. I would think it would be smart to at least go to February of next year with it.

Ryan from OH on July 3rd, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Will they be also adding more nights of the Fantasmic dinner package?

Carol on July 3rd, 2011 at 7:27 pm

What’s the schedule after Sept. 30th? Is it posted on the website? We want to make sure we live a night that it’s playing open. It’s a great show that should be shown every night.

Angela from MD on July 3rd, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Yay! We didn’t get to see the show on our first trip because of the schedule. We booked the dinner package in August with Hollywood Brown Derby. I’m not sure if the package is still necessary, but I’m sure it’ll be fun!

Sarah on July 4th, 2011 at 10:24 am

I love for the Main Street Electrical Parade to be offered more!

linda on July 4th, 2011 at 7:44 pm

I Love Fantastic but here are a few flaws i feel with the show and area.
1. the no see ums they are all over can we not have bug repellent things or treat the area every night
2. People pay every day to go to these parks and pay spend about 100.00 per person that is to go in parking food and trinkets. i am sorry every day should be the same shows. the electric parade once a night fantastic once a night ect.
3.in order to get decent seats for fantastic you have to get their 2 hrs before it starts to stand in line then to sit, and sit, can they not hire hype people or people to interact with each section and play games for 15 20 min to speed time up.
4. with everyone else that is here i think they can re do something diffrent with fantastic and change it to something diffrent.
as Mr Walt himself he loved change. so every 5/ 6 years change or improve the show.

Danny on July 6th, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Yes! I love this show! I

Danny on July 6th, 2011 at 12:33 pm

I remember how much easier it was to plan to go see Fantasmic when it showed nightly. I really hope they keep this change permanent.

Edmundo from TX on July 7th, 2011 at 1:33 am