Critter Country at Disneyland Resort

What’s My Line? Can You Place These Disneyland Attraction Quotes?

posted on June 28th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland Resort

“Yo ho! Yo ho! A pirate’s life for me.”

“Dead men tell no tales.”

“We want the redhead!”

Among the most quotable of Disney Parks attractions, Pirates of the Caribbean stays with you long after you’ve disembarked. The sounds are distinctive – the music, sound effects and especially the dialogue. For decades, guests have brought home their favorite quotable lines along with photographs and souvenirs to remember their trips to the Disneyland Resort. Many of these quotes have become as iconic as the attractions themselves.

Can you place the quotes below with their respective attractions? Leave your answers in the comments and I’ll be back later today with the answers!

1. “Of course, there’s always my way.”
  2. “Some imagination, huh?”
  3. “This here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness!”
  4. “This includes hats, glasses and of course, these little beauties.”
  5. “Guilty, thank you. That is all.”

And while you’re leaving your answers, let us know your favorite quote from a Disneyland Resort attraction.

UPDATE:
Congratulations to everyone who correctly identified the attractions from the famous quotes. The correct answers are:

1. The Haunted Mansion
  2. Fantasmic!
  3. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  4. Soarin’ Over California
  5. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

It was great to read some of your favorites that weren’t on the list. And for those of you who may have thought our first five quotes were too easy…we’ll make sure to make the next five a bit more difficult to identify!

Tagged:

3. Big Thunder Mountain
4. Soarin’ Over CA

Justin on June 28th, 2011 at 4:32 pm

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Fantasmic
3. Big Thunder Mountain
4. Soarin’ Over California (i think)
5. … no idea!

Fred from CA on June 28th, 2011 at 4:33 pm

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Fantasmic
3. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
4. Soarin’ Over California
5. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

There are so many great lines from the Disneyland Resort attractions, that I can’t pick. :)

Julia from CA on June 28th, 2011 at 4:34 pm

The Haunted Mansion
Fantasmic
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Soarin’ Over California
?

Gary on June 28th, 2011 at 4:40 pm

What about the greatest line in Disney? That greets everyone at the parks and lets you know that your adventure is about to begin? :) Por Favor, Mantengase Alejado De Las Puertas

Katie from CA on June 28th, 2011 at 4:51 pm

pirates of the caribbean of course HAHA!
1. haunted mansion(elevator room)
2. fantasmic
3. big thunder mountain railroad(right when you get on the train..my favorite ride)
3. soarin’ over california(patrick wartraburn hilarious guy)
5. mr toads wild ride

Kathy from AK on June 28th, 2011 at 4:54 pm

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Fantasmic
3. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
4. Soarin’ Over California
5. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

Lots of great attractions to pick from, but usually have to go on Pirates at least once a day each trip to Disneyland!

Kathy from AK on June 28th, 2011 at 4:59 pm

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Fantasmic!
3. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
4. Soarin’ Over California

Alethea from CA on June 28th, 2011 at 4:59 pm

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Fantasmic!
3. Big Thunder Mountain
4. Soarin’ Over California
5. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

My sister always liked the “Oh la la!” in It’s A Small World, but we haven’t heard it since they added Cinderella. I always liked the two voices in Pirates of the Caribbean that you heard after the second drop, but they’ve been gone since 2006 (unless one of them came back when they switched from Davy Jones to Blackbeard; I haven’t been on it since the change).

Kathy from AK on June 28th, 2011 at 5:00 pm

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Fantasmic!
3. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
4. Soarin’ Over California
5. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

So many great attractions to choose from, but let’s go with: “Come on everybody…here we goooooooo!”

Alethea from CA on June 28th, 2011 at 5:01 pm

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Fantasmic!
3. Big Thunder Mountain
4. Soarin’ Over California
5. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

There are a lot of Jungle Cruise jokes that we like! Our current favorite is, “Don’t worry, we’re only fifteen feet away. He’ll jump right over us.” And we like it in the Tiki Room when they make everybody disappear. And we have a newfound fondness for “Welcome back, space travelers,” since we went to San Diego Comic Con and got the autograph of the guy who does that voice.

Oh! And we like on Indiana Jones when he says, “Now don’t you tell me… that wasn’t ‘big fun.’”

John from CA on June 28th, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I know it’s outdated now, but I’ve always liked this one:

“Hey! Sorry folks! I’m sure to do better next time. It was my first flight and I’m still getting used to my programming. Hey! HEY!”

Timothy on June 28th, 2011 at 5:06 pm

1. The Haunted Mansion
2. Fantasmic
3. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
4. Soarin’ Over California

Rebekah from CA on June 28th, 2011 at 5:07 pm

TOO easy!

1. Ghost Host, Haunted Mansion
2. Mickey, Fantasmic
3. Narrator, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
4. Patrick Warburton (AKA “Patrick, your flight attendant” or Kronk ;-) ), Soarin’ Over California
5. Judge, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

Favorite quotes:
- “Next time you check into an abandoned hotel, know what kind of vacancy you’re filling.” (To my chagrin, I’m not sure of the exact wording.)
- “Perhaps ye knows too much. Ye’ve seen the cursed treasure. You know where it be hidden. Now proceed at your own risk. These be the last FRIENDLY words ye’ll hear.”
- Heck, the whole intro to Haunted Mansion! ;-) “When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls. Wherever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still. These are the times that ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.” etc.

I could go on…

Rebekah from CA on June 28th, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Oh, forgot a family favorite from Fantasmic! – when the Queen says, “Now you’ll have to deal with ME and all the powers of MY imagination!” My family loves Mickey’s response: “OH NO!” (Just the tone and …. it’s cute!!)

Alexander on June 28th, 2011 at 5:15 pm

1.“Of course, there’s always my way.”
- Haunted Mansion Stretching Room
2.“Some imagination, huh?”
-Fantasmic Finale
3.“This here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness!”
-Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
4.“This includes hats, glasses and of course, these little beauties.”
-Soarin’ Over California Que video
5.“Guilty, thank you. That is all.”
-I have no clue. Others say Mr. Toad. So I will go with that.

I have never been to Disneyland, just Walt Disney World. The first four rides, shows, attractions are at both parks, but Mr. Toad isn’t. lol. We hope to be heading to Disneyland in 2012 when Carsland is complete! °o°

John on June 28th, 2011 at 5:16 pm

1. Ghost Host from the Haunted Mansion.
2. Mickey Mouse from Fantasmic!
3. Safety spiel from Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
4. Patrick from Soarin’ Over California.
5. The Judge from Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride.

Philip on June 28th, 2011 at 5:23 pm

1) Haunted Mansion
2) Fantasmic
3) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
4) Soarin’ Over California
5) Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

Cristy on June 28th, 2011 at 6:02 pm

1. The Haunted Mansion
2. Fantasmic!
3. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
4. Soarin’ Over California
5. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

There are countless favorite Disneyland quotes for me, but a particularly enjoyable one (and I still don’t even remember when this started being entertaining for me and my family, since it’s actually a rather serious message) is “Termine ser sentados, por favor” at the end of The Matterhorn. Other favorites include, “So, you’re looking for a laughing place, eh?” “This is going to hurt you a lot more than it’s going to hurt me.” “You may think you’re so powerful, but, uh, well, uh, this is MY dream!” And pretty much any and every line spoken by a skipper on The Jungle Cruise!

And there are so many more! I feel like I could respond to this post with a novel’s worth!

Kait on June 28th, 2011 at 6:05 pm

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Fantasmic!
3. Big THunder Mountain Railroad
4. Soarin’ Over California
5. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

I Love “Por Favor, Mantengase Alejado De Las Puertas” (and I have the t-shirt from WDW!)

Brian from CA on June 28th, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Come on give us something harder. Like “Quite talking while I’m interupting” or “We’re coming in for a landing Gang!” or maybe “We almost there” (Tiki Room, Dumbo, and Monster Inc.) Or try this one “I’m going to find Nemo”
1. Haunted Mansion
2. Fantasmic
3.Big Thunder Mountain Railroad”
4. Soarin’ Over California

Guy from CA on June 28th, 2011 at 6:08 pm

1. The Haunted Mansion
2. Fantasmic
3.Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
4.Soarin’ Over Calif
5.Mr Toads Wild Ride

corina on June 28th, 2011 at 6:21 pm

one of my favorite lines is actually one from Disney Land Paris, it’s in the Alice in Wonderland maze where the Queen of Hearts pops up and yells : ”Deçouplacate!” or something around those lines (my French isn’t that good sorry). I do know what it means, it’s her all to famous line ”off with their heads!” but then in French, making it actually sound really funny.

david on June 28th, 2011 at 6:46 pm

1) Haunted mansion (Elevator room)
2) Fantasmic! (Finale)
3) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (boarding narration)
4) Soarin’ Over California (Safety Spiel)
5) Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride (the Judge)

My Favorites:
-Come on Everybody. Let’s do this. Here We GOOOOOOOO! – Mickey’s Soundsational Parade (Disneyland, CA)
-You may think you’re so powerful. huh. Well, uh, this is MY DREAM! – Fantasmic! (Disneyland, CA)
-Um, Excuse Me. You don’t seem to understand. I am not the captain! – Star Tours: the Adventures Continue (Disneyland, CA)
-Take the Dream with you where ever you may go! – Dream Along with Mickey (MK, WDW)
-launch in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! – California Screamin’ (DCA, DLR CA)

Todd from CA on June 28th, 2011 at 7:34 pm

As already mentioned,
1. The Haunted Mansion, 2. Fantasmic, 3.Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, 4.Soarin’ Over California and 5.Mr Toad’s Wild Ride.

My fav, “I’ll save yeah! I’ve got a portable hole!” Roger Rabbit’s Cartoon Spin.

nicole on June 28th, 2011 at 8:50 pm

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Fantasmic
3. Big Thunder Mtn.
4. Soarin’ Over CA

Some of my favs are:
Come on eveybody here we goooo from Peter Pan’s Flight
Don’t Pull down on the handle bars I will do that for you from H.M.
All personnel, clear the launch plat-form from Space Mtn.

Lisa from WI on June 28th, 2011 at 9:16 pm

I knew all of them, except for #5, since I’ve only been to Disneyland once, but some of my favorite quotes from Disney World are:

“Please, please don’t throw me into the briar patch!”
“We have room for 1,000… Any volunteers? (PICK ME!!!!)”
“Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow.”
“It’s a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!”
I could go on forever!!! :)

Brian from CA on June 29th, 2011 at 5:19 am

Or maybe some more like “You just do your job, and I’ll do mine” (Star Tours: The Adventure Continues), “…Now Blast him with everything you got!” (Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters, “Why to play everyone” (Toy Story Midway Mania), “With this disguse, I will fool them all” (Snow White Scary Adventure), “We are aproching the station now” (Casy Jr. Circus Train), “Hip Hip Horary, Happy Birthday” (The Manny Adventures of Winnie the Pooh), “Soarin’ into tower, We are ready for take off” (Soarin’), or maybe ” “What kind of act was that” “An act of Mercy” ” (Muppet*Vission 3D)

Jesus from - on June 29th, 2011 at 10:06 am

I was late to place the answers, but at least I’ll leave another quote:

“The next time you walk into an abandoned hotel in the middle of Hollywood, make sure you know exactly what vacancy you’re filling”

Melanie from FL on June 29th, 2011 at 10:42 am

How about some love for the Muppets? From MuppetVision 3D on both coasts:

Sam Eagle: “It’s called a salute to all nations but mostly America.”

Sam Eagle: “Will you stop this foolishness?”
Gonzo: “What foolishness would you like to see?”

Sam Eagle: “It’s a glorious 3 hour finale.”
Kermit the Frog: “You’ve got a minute & a half.”

I figured since we’re nearing Independence Day, Sam was a natural choice. :)

Elizabeth from FL on June 29th, 2011 at 11:23 am

Those lines from Sam Eagle always crack me up…especially the “but mostly America” one! LOL!

Christian on June 29th, 2011 at 3:42 pm

There are so many quotes that I love. Some of my favorites are:

Fozzy Bear: Awww, What are you guys doing here?
Guys on the balcony: We entered a contest. Yeah, we lost.

Sarge: I am not your mother, break those plates.

Benny the Cab: Holy smokes Roger, we’ve been dipped!

Wendy from CA on July 10th, 2011 at 1:18 am

Great post – do more of these please!