Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Donald and Daisy Greet Guests During the Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade at the Magic Kingdom Park

‘Room for 1 More’ Merchandise Event Celebrates the Haunted Mansion

posted on July 13th, 2011 by Dara Trujillo, Manager, Merchandise Synergy, Events, and Communication

Materialize, foolish mortals at the Room For 1 More merchandise event, which will celebrate one of our park’s most beloved attractions, the Haunted Mansion, at Disney’s Contemporary Resort Sept. 30, 2011.

‘Room for 1 More’ Merchandise Event Celebrates the Haunted Mansion

We invite you to step through the graveyard gates of the Haunted Mansion cemetery, recreated with “ghoulish delight” at the resort. Here you can dine in a mist-enshrouded banquet realm hidden among the crypts. While organ music plays, restless spirits will rise to entertain you during a feast provided by our ghoulish gastronomists.

Looking for somewhere to retire? Might I suggest our Ghost Gallery in the Library, where you’ll want to keep the supernatural in suspense by bidding on priceless first editions and other creepy keepsakes in our silent auction.

Room For 1 More event – P“LOTS” includes:

• Be the first to pre-purchase limited-edition event logo products, Haunted Mansion-themed collectibles and Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary collectibles.
  • A deadly silent auction that includes a performance art lot by Noah.
  • Meet and greets with world-renowned artists such as Robert Olszewski, Jim Shore, Greg McCullough and more.
  • A cryptic conversation with our council of Walt Disney Imagineers.
  • Ghostly dinner feast with haunting sounds and full-bodied entertainment.
  • A deadly departure gift … don’t forget to hurry back!

Mortals dying to attend the Room For 1 More event can request tickets through July 20. For more details and a sneak peek at the treasures that will be featured at the event, visit ArtofDisneyParks.com.

Happy haunting!

Tagged:

Filed: Art of Disney, Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

Stephen on July 13th, 2011 at 2:29 pm

So is anything happening in Magic Kingdom Park on October 1st for the 40th anniversary?

Dara Trujillo on July 14th, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Disney Theme Park Merchandise is currently working on a few plans to celebrate the 40th Anniversary in a fun way! Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for details!

Brant on July 13th, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Oh man, I think I need to move closer to WDW!!

Cindy on July 13th, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Is the Jim Shore piece going to made available to the public after the event?

Dara Trujillo on July 14th, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Yes, Jim Shore’s piece will be available after the event has concluded! It will be available in select Art of Disney Galleries after the event.

Rick on July 13th, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I am totally about this! Sign me up for this epic, ghoulish feast. Long live the dead!

Nicole on July 13th, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Wow, this sounds fantastic! If there weren’t so many other things going on at Disney World that weekend I would try and get a ticket. I’m sure all the happy haunts that attend will have a fabulous time.

Candice from ON on July 13th, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Is this open to Canadians? On the request form, there’s a field for Country, but our province isn’t listed.

If its not, will any of the pieces be available after the event?

Dara Trujillo on July 14th, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Yes, the event is open to everyone no matter where you call home! Please contact Walt Disney Event Services at 407.827.7600 for registration assistance. They will be more than happy to help sign up for the ticket request!

Charles on July 13th, 2011 at 6:03 pm

In the first bullet it mentions 40th anniversary collectibles…

So are these brand new collectibles that haven’t been released?

And also, same question as Stephen, is anything happening at the MK ON Oct, 1?

Dara Trujillo on July 14th, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Yes! These will be new items that have not yet been released in Disney Parks.

Jon from CA on July 13th, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I heard Kevin and Jody were going to be a part of this event? Is that true?? Boy I hope so!

Dara Trujillo on July 14th, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I haven’t heard any news about Kevin and Jody being part of the event. But, stay tuned to ArtofDisneyParks.com for more updates on the event and special event guests!

Cathy on July 14th, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I want to go to this event in the worst way! Hefty price though! Is this a yearly event or once in a lifetime?

Dara Trujillo on July 14th, 2011 at 5:06 pm

While we have done Haunted Mansion themed events in the past, this is the first Haunted Mansion event that Walt Disney World has hosted in almost 6 years!

James on July 14th, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Sorry to mis it. Sounds like a great time. We’ll be there later in October. Are these items available to the public after the auctions?

Dara Trujillo on July 14th, 2011 at 5:06 pm

If any items remain after the event has concluded they will be available to the public in select Disney Merchandise locations. However, if an Auction Lot is not purchased during the event, the lot will go back into our Disney Theme Park Merchandise vaults.

david on July 14th, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Oh if only it were true! If this event is like the Disneyland Haunted Mansion Anniversary event and the Happy Haunts events, the only way to get merchandise is to purchase a ticket and pre-order, or be at the event. Everyone else will have to be like me and troll ebay for a chance to get some cool stuff at a little more cost. Wish I could be there…….seems like I wish that several times a year! Disney really comes up with fun ways to celebrate the things we love from the Parks! I will admit though, I would live at the Haunted Mansion if Disney and my wife and kids were ok with it! Of course, we would also have a residence at The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh! And that said, dont forget to take the kids to see the new Pooh in theatres tomorrow! Mouse Power!

Cindy on July 14th, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Will the pieces be available after the event??

david on July 14th, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Hi. Dara. If any of these items are relocated for sale to the public, will it be possible to let us know where they are, or will it just be random and within the parks? I inquired about some items after the Disneyland Haunted Mansion Anniversary event and was told the same but was never able to locate anything. Maybe they were only within the park? Thanks for keeping us informed!

Amanda on July 15th, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I’m registered and Can. Not. Wait!

Michael on July 18th, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I signed up for the event last week. I’m HOPING I get selected to purchase a ticket. Any idea of how many people will be selected to the event?

Michael on July 24th, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Has anyone heard anything about the event yet? I was kind of hoping we’d hear something by now, heh.

Brian from PA on July 25th, 2011 at 11:31 am

I just called event services and they said they’re going to let everyone know by the end of the this week. So you should know by Saturday the 29th.

Edward on July 31st, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Does anyone know if any spots will open up because I am sure everyone won’t get a spot for this event. Anyone going? Grrr, i wish I could go, i found this information the 21st and i’m so sad and depressed. My fiancee and I wanted to go

Michael on August 2nd, 2011 at 1:17 am

I got a call today from Guest Services about my invite! Apparently they had sent me an email, but it was bounced back. Fixed it though, and I’m stoked!