Sunset Over the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom

The Voices of Liberty Sing a Patriotic Tune at Epcot

posted on July 1st, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

As the Disney Parks Blog team prepares to celebrate Independence Day on Monday, July 4, we thought you might like to hear some beautiful harmonies from Voices of Liberty, an eight-voice a cappella group that performs daily at The American Adventure Pavilion at Epcot.

The Voices of Liberty sings American folk songs, patriotic melodies and a few Disney film favorites. During the holidays, they add Christmas carols and holiday tunes to their repertoire, and they also join in each performance of the park’s Candlelight Processional.

The Voices of Liberty have performed for five U.S. presidents and countless Epcot guests. If you’ve never heard their amazing harmonies, they’re great on video, but the best way to experience Voices of Liberty is in person.

Here they are singing “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee,” a tune that was first performed publicly on July 4, 1831. Make sure to visit the blog on Monday to hear Voices of Liberty sing the national anthem of the United States of America, “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

Feel free to leave your “virtual applause” in the comment section below!

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Tim on July 1st, 2011 at 11:07 am

Wow!! Thanks for the holiday weekend kickoff!

Cathy on July 1st, 2011 at 11:13 am

I love the Voices of Liberty.

Elizabeth from FL on July 1st, 2011 at 11:42 am

We love the Voices of Liberty, we never miss a show or two or three when we’re in EPCOT. I wanted to be one of them when I grew up…still do!! :)

Julie on July 1st, 2011 at 11:43 am

BRAVO!!!!!

Amy from Norfolk on July 1st, 2011 at 11:45 am

This is exactly the kind of vocal harmony group I train to be part of. Any up and coming vacancies in Voices on Liberty?

Carol on July 1st, 2011 at 11:55 am

The Voices of Liberty are always a must see and hear for me every time I go to Disney. Great voices! Made my day.

Iris on July 1st, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I love the Voices of Liberty! Their performance often brings tears to my eyes.

Melanie from PA on July 1st, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Thank you Voices of Liberty for starting my 4th of July weekend with My Country ‘Tis of Thee. It brought tears to my eyes. Happy Birthday America.

Jeffrey from NJ on July 1st, 2011 at 12:06 pm

LOVE IT! thanks for sharing!

Linda from GA on July 1st, 2011 at 12:08 pm

LOVE Voices of Liberty. Try to see them at least once every time I am at Epcot. Thanks so much for sharing this. It brought a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat. Happy 4th Everyone…we are blessed indeed!

Staci from TX on July 1st, 2011 at 12:28 pm

A trip to EPCOT is not complete for us without seeing the Voices of Liberty. They are amazing!!!

Patricia on July 1st, 2011 at 12:38 pm

No matter how many times I hear them, they still bring a lump to my throat of pride for this country! Thank you for sharing your talents with us Voices of Liberty!

William on July 1st, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I listen to their CD quite often and no matter how many times I hear it I am moved by it. Not only does it bring back great memories of Walt Disney World but it reinforces the need to remember all those who are away from family and friends fighting to protect the freedom we enjoy.

Eileen on July 1st, 2011 at 12:47 pm

I love the voices of liberty. Try to see them as many times as I can whenever I’m at Disney. They are terrific.

Michael on July 1st, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I remember waiting in the lobby for the next show when the Voices of Liberty started up a performance. It was my wife’s first trip to Epcot and she was glued to the performance. She was a choral singer in her high school, church and throughout college, and thought this was just one of the best thing she’d ever seen. Thank you to the voices for providing her with that instant moment of joy that she felt, and in turn I did, seeing her experience it (plus I liked it too).

Donna from MI on July 1st, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Wow, they were great! Happy 4th of July everyone!

cathy from PA on July 1st, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Love the Voices of Liberty and don’t miss their performance when we visit.
Thank you for the video and God Bless America!

Marsha from LA on July 1st, 2011 at 2:50 pm

We have made our annual Mouse Pilgrimage 31 times (soon to be 32) and have never missed the American Adventure. The Voices of Liberty are totally awesome.

Don on July 1st, 2011 at 3:42 pm

I make it a oint each time we visit, to attend a performance of this wonderul and talented group. I could listen to them all day!!!

Dot from PA on July 1st, 2011 at 3:52 pm

we’ll be listening on mon.must see every trip!!

Kelley on July 1st, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Absolutely Beautiful!! We did not get to see them on our first trip to Epcot, but we definitely won’t miss them on our next trip!!

Tim from OH on July 1st, 2011 at 5:05 pm

V.O.L is my must see (over and over again) every visit. Tiffany is my favorite soprano but Debbie is my favorite member. She’s been there since the beginning! Bravo!!

Brian from CA on July 1st, 2011 at 5:06 pm

This should be the Featured Video for the entire month. This is what America is all about.

Debbie on July 1st, 2011 at 6:03 pm

This was beautiful!! Thanks for posting this because I never knew this group existed. For as many times as I’ve been to Epcot I’ve never seen them when I’ve been there:( Will be there again in August and I’ll be sure to catch the show then!

Karen on July 1st, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Bravo!!! Brings tears to my eyes! So Proud to be an American! In GOD we trust!!!!

Nicholas on July 1st, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Tiffany (the blonde in the burgandy red dress) is amazing. She performs at my church every december for The Singing Christmas Trees :) The Voices of Liberty are phenomenal!

Jason on July 2nd, 2011 at 8:25 am

VOL is an absolute MUST for every EPCOT visit! They are a perfect starter to The American Adventure, my favorite attraction!

Kristi on July 2nd, 2011 at 10:47 am

I will be sure to hear them perform when I am there the end of July. I didn’t even though they existed when I was there in 2009.

Michael from GA on July 2nd, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Voices of Liberty are at top of my couple personal “BEST OF” lists: 1)Best Live Performance in a Disney Park ( DisneySea Broadway Theatre shows and DL Fantasmic are contenders), 2) Best Artistic Expression of Being an American (honest, right up there with the Lincoln Memorial and the “Washington Crossing the Delaware” painting by Leutze), and 3) Best Trump Card in a DL vs WDW argument( yes, DL is better than MK, but WDW has Voices of Liberty, the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, Norwegian School Bread and Fantasia Gardens mini golf).

Skip from FL on July 2nd, 2011 at 9:33 pm

People tend to visit the other countries in the world showcase to see as much of Epcot as possible in a day, unintentionally by-passing America.
Besides, “since we already live here, what could Disney possibly show us that we probably don’t already know”.
Wrong Answer! Ask yourself, ‘Do you honestly think the Walt Disney Company is going to let these other countries outdo the U. S. of A.?’
If you haven’t already, check them out in person, you won’t be disappointed.

p.s.: Hi Catherine! (bright red dress / not pictured above)

Erika on July 4th, 2011 at 10:17 am

Absolutely beautiful! It is so easy to feel such pride for our country with such a patriotic song. Sometimes I feel we forget what a blessing it is to live in America. Thank you for the gentle reminder. Happy 4th of July, all! “I know only two tunes: one of them is Yankee Doodle, and the other isn’t.” – Ulysses S Grant

matt from AL on July 4th, 2011 at 11:32 am

I love the voices of Liberty!