Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from Disneyland Resort Paris

Add Disney Parks to Your Desktop

posted on August 2nd, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

We have an exciting surprise for our readers today. Over the past few weeks, we’ve been working with a Disney graphic design team to produce a series of Disney Parks Blog desktop wallpapers inspired by some of our most popular attractions. Today we finally get to tear off the wrapping paper and share the first in the series with all of you. This one happens to be based on my favorite Fantasyland attraction, Dumbo the Flying Elephant.

Dumbo the Flying Elephant Desktop Wallpaper

Click on the image above for a list of resolutions that fit your desktop, iPad or smart phone. Be sure to check out the terms of use about using the wallpaper before you download it.

What do you think?

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Adam on August 2nd, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Great idea. Would love to see one based on Haunted Mansion, or Fantasmic if you’re open to the idea of one based on a show. That’d be great!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 2nd, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Haunted Mansion sounds good to me, too!

Bob on August 2nd, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Looks great! I always enjoy having a touch of Disney magic on my desktop. I’d love to see one for the Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean next. :-)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 2nd, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Thanks for the suggestions…there are definitely more in the works!

John from CA on August 2nd, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I second Adam’s Fantasmic! suggestion. Right now I’m using a wallpaper I created from a screenshot I took of the Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Youtube teasers.

John from CA on August 2nd, 2011 at 3:15 pm

And I’ve also got photos I took of Cinderella Castle and Spaceship Earth as my iPhone backgrounds.

William from FL on August 2nd, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Haunted Mansion would be amazing, or even my favorite villian since Halloween is coming, Chernabog.

Tommye on August 2nd, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Please, please make one for the Made Tea Party. The tea cups are beautiful and colorful and bring a smile to my face every time I see them. Side note: I use pictures from your blog as the wallpaper on my Win7 phone exclusively.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 2nd, 2011 at 5:09 pm

That’s great to hear. What blog images have you used?

Dean on August 2nd, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Make Vintage Disneyland Ride Wallpapers too! (Carousel of Progress, House of the Future, Adventure Thru Inner Space…etc…)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 2nd, 2011 at 5:09 pm

That WOULD be interesting…

Brian from CA on August 2nd, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Some ideas:
Disney Cruise Line any ship and it’s loby,
World of Color at DCA,
Tree of Life @ Animal kingdom
Matterhorn and DL yeti vs. Expidition Everist and WDW yeti.
Disneyland and Main Street to the Castle covered in snow for X-mas
Large Figment making Spaceship earth look like a golf ball.
The images should almost look like the pin collections.

Some of my favorit pic.s have been the images of carsland, Mickey’s fun wheel with the time-distorted images,…mostly DLR images.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 3rd, 2011 at 11:50 am

Hmm…World of Color and Matterhorn may be a good excuse for a field trip!

Jorden on August 2nd, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Any chance of higher res “retna” resolutions for the iPhone one in the future?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 3rd, 2011 at 11:50 am

Am checking into this.

Kara on August 2nd, 2011 at 5:33 pm

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW WALLPAPER. The graphic team did an excellent job. Can’t wait till the next pic in the series!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 3rd, 2011 at 11:51 am

Me too. It shouldn’t be too long…

Corin on August 2nd, 2011 at 5:46 pm

This is now proudly displayed on my desktop. So cute!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 3rd, 2011 at 11:50 am

So happy you like it!

Tracy from MA on August 2nd, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Done and done!i love it! Loaded already into iPad. Can’t wait to see more! Maybe some pixar? Ratatouille? nemo? Or princess and the frog!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 3rd, 2011 at 11:51 am

It’s so interesting to see all of these different suggestions!

Michael on August 2nd, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Thanks for the new wallpaper! I agree with having wallpapers for The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. The Enchanted Tiki Room would be great for summertime, too! I’d love some world showcase wallpaper representing the various countries, too. And I’d certainly use the ones representing the various Magic Kingdom lands. =)

Jon from CA on August 2nd, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Aww…a little bummed they didn’t use the Dumbo from the 50′s Attraction Poster. Those would make amazing wallpapers!

Karina on August 2nd, 2011 at 10:37 pm

This is so cute! I can’t wait to see what else you guys have in store for us!

Andy on August 2nd, 2011 at 10:42 pm

I AM SOOOO exicted for the rest of the series!!

Liz from FL on August 2nd, 2011 at 11:23 pm

I agree with getting Vintage wallpapers. They look better :)

robert on August 2nd, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Thank you!! Dumbo is awesome! :)))

How about releasing one commemorating the triumphant return of Jose and his flock to the helm of The Enchanted Tiki Room!!???? :)))))

Nicola from Cheshire on August 3rd, 2011 at 4:07 am

I love the black and white photo series you did but was absolutely gutted when instead of the tree of life the photo for animal kingdom was everest. The others all had their big feature in the photos. I used those as wallpapers on my iphone and desktop. So id love for the animal kingdom one to be added too… and dont forget typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach, those guys always get missed.

Also, some 40th anniversary ones with vintage artwork would be really special. :-)

Lynn on August 3rd, 2011 at 9:43 am

WOW! I love it so much! Thank You for Dumbo! Oh, I’m going to want a complete collection of these…..do the Tiki Room next. No, wait…do Sleeping Beauty Castle….no, wait, do House of the Future…no, wait, do the Matterhorn….no, wait, DO THE ENTIRE PARK PAST AND PRESENT. Yeah. That oughta be enough. :-)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 3rd, 2011 at 11:52 am

I sort of think that was the conversation our design team had when brainstorming which attraction to do first! So much inspiration everywhere!

Lynn on August 3rd, 2011 at 9:47 am

oooh oooh oooh I almost forgot: Do one of Walt, too! Walt and Mickey together, maybe the Partners statue, maybe something different? :-)

Jaime on August 3rd, 2011 at 10:14 am

This is too cute! I would LOVE to see one of Peter Pan’s Flight or what about Snow White’s Scary Adventures since I hear it may not be there too much longer…

Nicole from NC on August 3rd, 2011 at 10:49 am

Thanks for the great reminder of why I love Disney! Everyone needs a little Disney in their day! Can’t wait for the rest of the series!

Maria on August 4th, 2011 at 11:25 am

would love to see some of the Shag 40th anniversary wallpapers…

Dean on August 5th, 2011 at 9:47 am

Cute stuff! Nice to have a little Disney magic on my pc. Dumbo has always been one of my favorites, and the wallpaper looks great! Maybe Splash Mountain with Brer Rabbit and the gang next?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 5th, 2011 at 9:59 am

We’ll see!

Kristi on August 6th, 2011 at 10:03 am

I’ve always been interested in aerial views of the individual parks. I haven’t been able to find them. I think it would be very interesting to see the parks from this perspective just to see how it all fits together. I’m sure it would be amazing.

Neil on August 6th, 2011 at 10:41 am

Having trouble loading it on my smart phone. HELP!!!! My wife wants this!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 8th, 2011 at 10:14 am

What kind of phone do you have? iPhone? Android? Blackberry?

Dawn on August 6th, 2011 at 10:50 am

Can these be used on a blackberry. I see the one for i phones and Android. How about us Blackberry users?

Roman from CA on August 6th, 2011 at 10:53 am

Splash Mountain, Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror or Voyage of the Little Mermaid would be sweet!

Amy from IL on August 6th, 2011 at 11:10 am

I’ll echo the vintage/40th request (variations on attraction posters, t-shirts, etc. from when the park opened?) and add “it’s a small world” to the list!

Debra on August 6th, 2011 at 11:41 am

This is wonderful, can’t wait for my favorite “BAMBI”

Megan from OH on August 7th, 2011 at 10:41 am

Maybe s scene of a monorail somewhere around the Seven Seas Lagoon with the castle in the background. Or maybe exiting the Contemporary. Or inside EPCOT with Spaceship Earth as a backdrop. Not only do we love the rides, but everything in the 47 square miles of WDW.
Meg

KELLY from CO on August 8th, 2011 at 10:39 am

GREAT IDEA!!!!

IMHO Dumbo needs his magic feather though …yeah I am a bit of purist 8(:-D

Agree with all the other suggestions that have been mentioned in previous comments 8(:-D

Keep up the AWESOME work!!!

Dizneluver 8(:-D

Dean on August 8th, 2011 at 10:42 am

When will the next one Appear?

Nicole from AZ on August 8th, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I would love to see a MuppetVision, World Showcase & Cinderella’s Castle Wallpaper.