Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade at Magic Kingdom Park

Book Epcot Candlelight Processional Packages Today

posted on August 16th, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year…” well, almost.

When it comes to visiting the Walt Disney World Resort during the holiday season, it’s never too early to start planning. That’s especially true in the case of Epcot’s Candlelight Processional, an amazing holiday musical spectacle that features the talents of three choirs, a live orchestra and a celebrity guest narrator that can put anyone in the holiday spirit.

Marlee Matlin at Epcot's Candlelight Processional

The show is included with park admission, however one of the easiest ways to ensure a seamless Candlelight Processional experience during the busy holiday season is to buy a Candlelight Processional lunch or dinner package. The packages, which are now on sale, include lunch or dinner at an Epcot restaurant, as well as reserved seating at the show and viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth in a special fireworks viewing area.

Like many guests, my family and I have made Candlelight Processional package a regular holiday tradition. Last year it was dinner at Italy Pavilion’s Tutto Italia Ristorante. This year, I’m thinking a meal at Via Napoli, followed by a show narrated by Neil Patrick Harris. Which narrator would you choose?

Schedule & Narrators (subject to change without notice):

• 11/25–11/27 – Mira Sorvino
  • 11/28–12/01 – Michael W. Smith
  • 12/02–12/03 – Geena Davis
  • 12/04–12/06 – Edward James Olmos (6:45 p.m. & 8:15 p.m. shows only)
  • 12/07–12/09 – Isabella Rossellini
  • 12/10–12/12 – Neil Patrick Harris
  • 12/13–12/15 – Lorraine Bracco
  • 12/16–12/18 – To Be Announced
  • 12/19–12/21 – Trace Adkins
  • 12/22–12/24 – Susan Lucci
  • 12/25–12/27 – Blair Underwood
  • 12/28–12/30 – Marlee Matlin

Filed: Celebrity Visits, Epcot, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Michael on August 16th, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I’ve always been a big fan of “To be announced.” Actually, I’ve booked our family for Dec 19 with Trace Adkins.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 16th, 2011 at 4:24 pm

We saw him last year…very good.

Trevor on August 16th, 2011 at 5:29 pm

oooh michael w smith for sure

Tommy from SC on August 16th, 2011 at 7:35 pm

I thought the candlelight processional dinner packages could be booked on July 26? The special events for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival could be booked today.

Lauren on August 16th, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Does that mean that Via Napoli is one of the restaurants that we can book the Candlelight Processional dinner package for this yeat? Because I remember last year, Via Napoli was not one of the restaurants you could choose from.

Also, any idea when we will know the narrorators for the 3 blocks of dates that are TBA?

Thanks.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 17th, 2011 at 10:40 am

Yep, all the restaurant choices are listed on the website: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/special-events/candlelight-processional/?int_cmp=SOC-intDPFY11Q3BookEpcotCandelightProcessionalPackagesToday16-08-11@0003

Lauren on August 16th, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Neil Patrick Harris!! Oh gosh, yes.

Also, will Marlee Matlin be speaking the narration, or signing it? :) I’d be very interested in seeing her sign.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 17th, 2011 at 10:39 am

All the narrators speak their parts (or sign). No narrators sing.

Audrey on August 16th, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Last year was our first visit at Christmastime. Saw the Candlelight Processional narrated by Thomas Gibson. It brought tears to my eyes. We are going back this year and have package booked for December 16. Wish they would announce the narrators for the TBA dates.

JASON on August 17th, 2011 at 10:03 am

Does anyone know where the theater seating is located for people that book the dinner package? Do they also have handicap seating available.

Thanks, and NPH for sure.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 17th, 2011 at 10:40 am

Yes, they have handicapped seating. Package seating is right up front in the theater.

Lynn from NC on August 17th, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Trace Adkins, Neil Patrick Harris and Susan Lucci!!! I love me some Trace!

I hope Steven Curtis Chapman returns, he was fantastic when we saw him narrate.

Randy from CA on August 17th, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I just booked my lunch reservation for 12/20. Interestingly, I was able to do it online, even though everything I’d read only mentions doing it by phone.