Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park

First Look: Family Suites at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

posted on August 16th, 2011 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

You’ve already seen the great themes coming to Disney’s Art of Animation Resort when it opens throughout 2012. But check out what we have today – a first look at some of our Disney Story Room family suites.

'Finding Nemo' Family Suite at Disney's Art of Animation Resort

'Finding Nemo' Family Suite at Disney's Art of Animation Resort 'The Little Mermaid' Family Suite at Disney's Art of Animation Resort 'The Lion King' Family Suite at Disney's Art of Animation Resort 'Cars' Family Suite at Disney's Art of Animation Resort 'Cars' Family Suite at Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Disney’s Art of Animation Family Suites will be available at Finding Nemo, Cars and The Lion King Courtyard areas at the resort. They’ll be twice the size of standard rooms and can accommodate up to six guests. The Little Mermaid standard rooms will sleep up to four guests also be available in late 2012. Be among the first to stay in one of our family suites. We’ll have more updates here on the Disney Parks Blog later this year.

Tagged:

Filed: Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

Danielle from MI on August 16th, 2011 at 11:41 am

Oh wow! LOVE IT! We are staying at WL in Feb. 2012, but will for sure be staying here on our next trip after that one.

Amber from MD on August 16th, 2011 at 11:49 am

Looks really nice!

Jamie from FL on August 16th, 2011 at 11:49 am

These are adorable rooms! Total Disney Magic at work!

Cheramy on August 16th, 2011 at 11:50 am

Beautiful! I wish they were open for this trip! Definitely next time! I love the themes! The carpets look a bit loud, but too precious!

Theresa from TX on August 16th, 2011 at 11:51 am

I cannot wait to stay there, I already have reservations!!! Thank you so much for pictures! It looks soooo amazing!!

Sharon on August 16th, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I would love to stay in one of the suites, but still wish the rates were under $250 a night. :-\ Barely able to afford these lovely “value” rooms! I do adore them though!

Eric on August 16th, 2011 at 12:23 pm

How about a look a the single rooms next? Will they be as colorful?

(A commenter on one of the last articles asked “Two underwater themes, Nemo and Mermaid, but no Aladdin building?” Darn, he had to go and get us dreaming of one of those.
Still, it’s good to see what stylistic differences there are between Nemo and Ariel–Looks like one is mostly seashells and the other coral.)

Geoff on August 16th, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Love the look! Since we just found out that number 4 is on the way, couldn’t come at a better time for us!

Thomas Smith on August 22nd, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Thanks, Geoff. And congratulations!

Heather on August 16th, 2011 at 12:53 pm

I couldn’t quite tell from the photos…So is there two seperate bedrooms PLUS a living area or one bedroom and a living area?? Also, does that kitchenette come with a refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher?? How many bathrooms are in each family suite? They look really great!

Thomas Smith on August 22nd, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Hi, each family suite has three separate sleeping areas: the master bedroom, living room with the double-size sleeper sofa and the dining room where the innovative Inova Table Bed converts from a table into a double bed. The kitchenette features a sink, mini-fridge and microwave.

Aimee on August 16th, 2011 at 2:04 pm

i love these!! just to let you know though the comment on the second picture says “Finding Nemo” but it should be “The Little Mermaid” :-)

Friend on August 16th, 2011 at 2:08 pm

One error you might want to take notice of is that on the second picture it lists the caption as finding nemo when it is the little mermaid suite

Mark on August 16th, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Does this mean The Little Mermaid will never have family suites, or it will but just later? Thanks.

Thomas Smith on August 22nd, 2011 at 1:05 pm

The Little Mermaid Courtyard will only consist of standard rooms.

Kirk on August 16th, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Wow the rooms look great and my little girls wants to stay in the little mermaid suite. Cant wait to come back.

Erin on August 16th, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Are these rooms designed to have two adults and children or would my adult family be able to use these rooms?? We have 11 of us so obviously we would need a few of them. Can’t wait to stay here! They look amazing!

Thomas Smith on August 22nd, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Hi Erin, Family Suites accommodate up to 6 Guests, adult or child.

kimberly from NY on August 16th, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Amazing! We r definetly booking our next stay in new family suites!

JEANY on August 16th, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I love the new family suites and I can’t wait to booking for next year and Cars theme in AOA!

Debbie on August 16th, 2011 at 2:41 pm

The rooms are awesome. Does anyone know if this resort has a jacuzzi?

Sandra on August 16th, 2011 at 2:46 pm

wish it was already available for our trip September 3rd thru 10th this year!!

Amy on August 16th, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Wow things sure have changed I was there when I was 5 years old and the rooms were just regular hotel rooms.

janice from FL on August 16th, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Looks really nice. Wonder where it is located?

Todd from OH on August 16th, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Where can we see an actual floorplan?

Beth on August 16th, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Thanks for the sneak peek! Is there a door that closes between the two sleeping areas? Am I seeing right that the child’s bed folds up during the day? Hard to tell from the wide angle pictures.

Thomas Smith on August 22nd, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Sure, Beth. There is one door that separates the Master Bedroom from the Living & Dining areas.

jennifer on August 16th, 2011 at 3:15 pm

My family of 7 has had to leave Disney property and find other locations to stay the past few years. Being a larger family we are on a very tight budget. It was very disappointing to us not to be able to stay on property. I’m glad Disney is making hotels to accomodate larger families. I hope they continue to add to the number of hotels offering family suites as we too would like a selection when choosing our lodging.

Rebecca from ON on August 16th, 2011 at 3:18 pm

As always, Disney has done a magical job! The new rooms look so beautiful, it will be hard to choose which one to book in! We are coming in September this year, I wish they were ready then! We will definatley book for this resort if we come back next year!

Jamie from IL on August 16th, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Absolutely Disney AWESOMENESS!!!!!!! Will there be ‘Mickey’ cartoon rooms? I sure hope so, how bout “Hawaiian Holiday”???!!!!

Timothy on August 16th, 2011 at 3:21 pm

@Heather: for more info goto Disneyparks.com. Under “parks & destinations” click on “Walt Disney World Resort”. Then under “Places to stay” click on “value resort hotels”. then scroll down and click on “Disney’s Art of Animation Resort”. Most of the info you need is listed there.

Jason on August 16th, 2011 at 3:23 pm

This is SOOO COOL! GO DISNEY!!!

Marcie on August 16th, 2011 at 3:44 pm

We are so excited to stay at these in June 2012!! We’ve always stayed at ASMusic… it will be nice to have my family of six in a new, ‘value’ location.

Erin on August 16th, 2011 at 3:58 pm

This is wonderful! Really fun colors, textures, and patterns! The photos could be deceiving, but the rooms look a bit more spacious than the family suites at All Star Music. I’m so glad that Disney is finally adding more suite options to the value resorts. For off-season rates, $248 is a bit of a jump from the $198 it costs to stay in a suite at All Star Music, but still less than the Moderate and Deluxe resort options.

My family will be at Disney February 2012, so we’ll miss out on staying here, but we’ll be sure to book one of these new suites on our next trip. I can’t wait to see more photos!

Deborah on August 16th, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I can’t wait to stay here when it opens!! The rooms look great and as always there is nothing like staying on Disney Property. But I would still love to stay in Cinderella’s castle.

Terry from PA on August 16th, 2011 at 4:58 pm

These look really fun! I would like to see other themes as well. A Tron Legacy suite/room/resort would be simply amazing. Star Wars themed suites would be cool too, although they would be hard to get in during Star Wars Weekends.

Linda from IA on August 16th, 2011 at 6:22 pm

It looks great! I can’t wait till my husband and I return to Walt Disney World next year. We haven’t decided where to stay at yet, but this will be on our list!

laurie on August 16th, 2011 at 6:44 pm

The rooms look awesome but I wish they were a bit less expensive. $320.00 a night seems a bit pricey for a value resort.

Michele on August 16th, 2011 at 8:21 pm

They look amazing!! Where I plan on staying next vacation!!!

Rochelle from GA on August 16th, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Awesome….. when will we be able to book the single rooms and when will we get a sneak peak of those.

Linda on August 16th, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Love the look and feel of the rooms, was planning on staying there the next time we go but not sure now very unhappy about the $320 a night for a value resort. I understand what the suite offers, the price is the problem, it’s hard for larger families, it makes it difficult to go more often.

Skip from FL on August 16th, 2011 at 11:45 pm

#20 – Janice from FL

It is located on Victory Way; the road that goes between Reedy Creek Emergency Services Headquarters and the Wide World Of Sports Complex, next to Pop Century.

Judy from NY on August 17th, 2011 at 12:33 am

wow that sure is pricey. But they look so nice… Will the whole resort be family suites.

kim on August 17th, 2011 at 2:20 am

they look fantastic! can’t wait to visit – great theming well done Disney!

Pamela on August 17th, 2011 at 7:26 am

Love the look of the Nemo & Little Mermaid suites, not a fan of the other two looks. However, the cost will keep me from ever booking these value rooms.

Melanie on August 17th, 2011 at 9:41 am

These look so awesome! With 5 in our family they would have been perfect. To bad we belong to DVC and connot use them.

Jennifer on August 17th, 2011 at 10:50 am

Our family just booked a stay in the Finding Nemo Family Suites for November 26, 2012-December 3, 2012! We’re so excited! Our daughter will be almost 3 1/2 then, but she’s already talking about staying in the Finding Nemo room :)

Jesus from - on August 17th, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I CAN’T wait to stay in one of the Lion King rooms!!!!!

I wish they would have rooms for 4 in that building, but even if I don’t gather enough people to fill a room I’m still staying there!!! haha

:P

Cindy on August 17th, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I cant wait…My kids are waiting anxiously to stay in CARS. The rooms in Nemo, Little Mermaid, and Lion King look fantastic. I must say the CARS room disappoints me. It looks like a plain gold comforter in the bedroom where as the other rooms have such animated themed comforters. Maybe its the angle of the pictures. The room doesnt really jump and say CARS like the other themes POP.

Shanna on August 17th, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Beautiful! I love it!

Melissa on August 18th, 2011 at 12:40 am

These look fantastic!

Kimberly on August 18th, 2011 at 9:33 am

I cant wait to go in Dec of 2012!! i don’t care that is more than a year away we will be booking soon!!

Lu on August 19th, 2011 at 2:41 pm

can´t wait!!!

Tammy on August 22nd, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Do the Nemo suites all have the Inova bed also? We’re staying there in June 2012. Can’t hardly wait to surprise our kids. They’ve never been and it looks wonderful in the pics.

sue on August 25th, 2011 at 9:59 am

The rooms look much more colorful and fun than the other value resorts. One thing is its a tad bit more expesive than the suites at the music hotel. Wonder how much single rooms will fair.