Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Imagineers Use Innovative Technology to Build New Fantasyland

posted on August 10th, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Who’s up for another inside look at the construction of the New Fantasyland?

In the video below, Walt Disney Imagineering takes you onto the construction site to learn more about the innovative technology the Imagineers are using to build the new attractions, restaurants and other guest areas that will make up the expansion.

As you’ll see, this visualization technology allows the team to identify any potential challenges before construction begins. Tablet computers also allow Imagineers to take the program onsite to see how work is progressing.

What do you think?

Interested in other updates for the New Fantasyland? Take a look at the posts below:

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Theresa on August 10th, 2011 at 9:25 am

When will the expansion of fantasyland start opening?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 11th, 2011 at 11:58 am

Fall 2012

Andy on August 10th, 2011 at 9:46 am

That is by far one of the coolest videos I have ever seen. It makes me want to move to Florida and come work for Disney.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 11th, 2011 at 11:59 am

That’s a great dream to have. Keep working at it!

Jessica on August 10th, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I’m always amazed by what the Imagineers can do- and its neat to see how they utilize technology to work together to achieve their plans. Great video!

Amy from NY on August 10th, 2011 at 1:13 pm

We are taking our first trip to Disney this Christmas we are so excited. The girls are ages 7 & 8. I wanted to book for Christmas 2012 when the new park opens but I cannot seem to find any information when it should be complete. If anyone has informaion to pass along that would be great.

Connie from FL on August 10th, 2011 at 1:15 pm

That is incredible. It would be wonderful if county agencies could use that same technology in building roads, etc…. It also helps with keeping America green!

Connie from FL on August 10th, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Bradley on August 10th, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Why did they ever get rid of Body Tours in Epcot it was just like that but made sever years later so it was not out if date as bad and it seemed like a popular ride

Eric on August 10th, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I need an iPad. :(
And from the virtual video, looks like we’ll be entering Ariel’s ride “under” the castle grotto caves…Nice, once it gets a little decoration.

Anonymous on August 10th, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Incredibly interesting!

Trisha from CA on August 10th, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Awesome! I can’t wait! Disney Imagineers never fail!

Sasha on August 10th, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Supposedly phase 1 is to open beginning of next year. and the 2nd end of 2012 beginning 2013. I think last phase 3 may be 2014. We were there in January and spoke to a very informed guest relations person outside of the construction area but who knows.

Stephanie from AZ on August 10th, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Awesome video, would love to see more videos that go behind the scenes with development tools imagineers use such as this.

Brian on August 10th, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I would love to be able to share this with people at work, but we don’t have YouTube access. Is it possible to get this in another format?

Aaron from OR on August 10th, 2011 at 8:32 pm

More of this, please! The behind-the-scenes stuff with Imagineering is fascinating.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 11th, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Thanks. I share as much as I can. Hope to have more very soon.

robert on August 11th, 2011 at 11:28 am

Thanks for sharing that…I find what the Imagineers do so incredibly fascinating!!!!!

George on August 12th, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Wow. Being able to see what the architects do makes me really excited to work for the company! Can’t wait! •‿•

Kimberly from TN on August 12th, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Awesome!! Video was very interesting!! I can’t wait to see the finished products. Thank you!

Tiffany on August 14th, 2011 at 4:26 pm

These are my favorite kinds of videos. It’s so interesting to see all of the little details (like the placement of the HVAC system) to make the experience we see as Guests. Thank you for sharing!!

Devan on August 16th, 2011 at 8:18 pm

i really would like to work as an imagineer, that sounds like so much fun! Im hoping to join the disney internship program in florida to get my foot in the door so i can someday help design some attractions :)