Muppet*Vision 3D at Disney California Adventure Park

Radiator Springs Racers Begins Ride Testing Today

posted on August 25th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Radiator Springs Ride Vehicle at the 2011 D23 Expo

In the normal development process of any ride-based attraction at Disney Parks, Imagineers spend weeks and even months testing the ride vehicles. Many of you may have seen one of the first ride vehicles, which was on display at the D23 Expo in Anaheim this past weekend in the Parks & Resorts Pavilion. While it might be a while before you see this or any of the other ride vehicles racing around Ornament Valley, keep checking back with the Disney Parks Blog for the latest updates.

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Diana from AZ on August 25th, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I just can’t wait for this attraction…super excited!

Tony from QC on August 25th, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Is there any expected date of opening for Cars Land other than just “Summer 2012″? I’d like to plan a trip to California and Disneyland next summer but will not go unless Cars Land is open. Something more detailed, even a specific month that it opens, would help my planning quite a lot.

Erin Glover on August 25th, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Sorry, Tony – There hasn’t been a specific date announced yet. Cars Land will open Summer 2012, and as soon as we have more specifics we’ll let you know here on the Disney Parks Blog.

Fred from CA on August 25th, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Awesome!

Thanks so much for the update Erin!

I was at the Expo and I think its really awesome how the Imagineers were able to have eyes on the vehicles, visible on the front of the windshield, and yet the riders are able to see through it while sitting in the vehicle.

I am so excited for Cars Land!!

Nathan on August 25th, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I look forward to seeing it out on the track in the park! Are they only going to be testing the first red car, or will they be testing a whole new fleet of colored cars?
Best of luck to the Imagineers down there testing!

Jessica on August 25th, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Looks awesome! Hope I can come visit soon.

Brent on August 25th, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Are there any video clips of the cars running on the track? Would be so cool to see! Also any idea what the height requirement will be? My 4 yr old, 40″ dare-devil daughter is dying to know!

Dean on August 25th, 2011 at 6:44 pm

I hope that I can get to the Resort to ride that! I have always wondered what it was like to be in a racecar!!!

Tony from QC on August 25th, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Thanks Erin! Maybe I’ll just wait until 2013 just to make sure. Wouldn’t want to go across the country to find out it’s not open yet. My son would be heartbroken!

Brent: My guess is the height requirement would be the same as Test Track in Epcot, since it’s built on the same technology. It’s 40″ for TT and it was one of my favorite rides at Epcot.

Brett on August 26th, 2011 at 9:39 am

I’m in the same boat as you Tony. I’m looking at planning a group trip for opening day and I hope to find out an opening date soon.

minda on August 26th, 2011 at 9:46 am

This new attraction is opening up in Disneyland right?

Erin Glover on August 26th, 2011 at 11:55 am

Hi Minda – Radiator Springs Racers will be part of the new Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park, at the Disneyland Resort.

Susan on August 26th, 2011 at 5:56 pm

My son’s and I are so excited for all the great new changes that are comming along to DCA. My 16 year old son has Cerebral Palsy and we were wondering if there will be a wheelchair accessable vehicle as well? We are hoping so.

Tsz Leung from ON on August 27th, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Seriously, if they build more of these unique one of a kind attractions exclusively for Disneyland resort, more people would want to visit Disneyland Resort in additional to Walt Disney World. Like myself, I purchased DVC points at both WDW and DLR so that we have excuse to go on vacations in both coasts!

Sylvia from WA on August 27th, 2011 at 11:14 pm

I am waiting very impatiently for this to open. I hope it is open before July 4 2012. Our family is coming to Disneyland then. Keep us posted, pleeease!!!

Fred from CA on August 28th, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I agree Tsz Leung! The Disneyland Resort really needs more of these unique attractions that can’t be found anywhere else.