Sailing Ship Columbia at Disneyland Park

Return to Primeval World at Disneyland Park

posted on August 12th, 2011 by Paul Hiffmeyer, Chief Photographer for Public Relations, Disneyland Resort

Primeval World at Disneyland Park

Last month, we went back in time with an up-close look at the dinosaurs of Primeval World, between Tomorrowland and Main Street, U.S.A., on the Disneyland Railroad. As promised, I’m back today with more photos from my journey. I wanted to show the details in Primeval World that guests might miss as they pass by on the railroad. These details lie just off-center of your view – either to the left or to the right.

Primeval World at Disneyland Park

In the last post, we saw the baby Triceratops coming out of its shell. Here’s another view – this time, it’s the parent from the baby’s perspective.

Primeval World at Disneyland Park

I loved this unique shot of the dinosaur skeleton. It makes me wonder whether the T-rex is moving on to his second course…

Primeval World at Disneyland Park

I had to get up-close-and-personal with this Pterodactyl since he’s located so close to the front of the attraction. Squeezing in pretty tight really gave me a chance to see the detail in his skin and markings.

Next time you’re passing through Primeval World on the Disneyland Railroad, be sure to look a little closer for these interesting and unique details.

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

matthew on August 12th, 2011 at 4:23 pm

One-of-the-best-parts-of-the-Disneyland-Railroad

Cheryl on August 12th, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I hope you had the flash on your camera off. As we all know
“no flash photography” :)

Dean on August 12th, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I love the Primeval World on the Railroad!!!

Whaterver happened to the cavemen that was a part of it at the ’64 world’s fair? I know they were never in Disneyland, but do any of them exist?

Jane on August 12th, 2011 at 6:52 pm

When we were there the first week of August the T-Rex fighting in the lava section was curtained off…is it open yet?

Valerie on August 12th, 2011 at 7:30 pm

The T-Rex section has been hidden since late May. I hope they “fix” the issue soon, It’s my daughter’s favorite part of the whole train ride. I’m just glad I get to sit. :)

Merilee on August 12th, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Curious…are there any “hidden Mickeys” in this part of the ride? I’m always looking, but I’ve never found any.

Christina on August 12th, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I have always loved the primeval world. After a long day of walking around, enjoying myself of course, My family & I love to relax on the train & watch the primeval world over & over!

MELANIE on August 12th, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Now I need to find the music and look at the pics again so I can pretend I’m there.
Having Disney withdrawals big time.

Angelito on August 12th, 2011 at 11:02 pm

the entire Primeval World diorama reminds me of Fantasia (Rite of Spring segment)!

Krista on August 12th, 2011 at 11:14 pm

This is my favorite part of the train!

michele from NY on August 13th, 2011 at 7:41 am

My family and I loved this part of the Disney Railroad. This was our first trip to Disneyland. We rode the train several times because of this attaction. We also met some great conductors on the train who made our trip extra special with their knowledge and time spent talking with us.

Friend on August 13th, 2011 at 3:33 pm

There are some other Primevil World Stars associated with another Disneyland railroad or two. Natures Wonderland featured among other Stars,a T-Rex on it’s railway tours. In 1979 when Big Thunder struck Gold, a lot of the Natures Wonderland Stars living and deceased moved over to their new jobs. The T Rex was re-employed in the Big Thunder splash down and it’s rib cage was adjusted to allow the train to pass through. It’s cousins can be seen at Walt Disney World, Tokyo Disneyland, and Paris Disneyland Big Thunder’s. PD

Salvador on August 13th, 2011 at 5:35 pm

The Classics never die I love this attraction

Robert on August 15th, 2011 at 2:42 pm

For decades my family has enjoyed seeing the mysterious (BB Gun?) hole in the second glass pane (right at eye level) when entering the Grand Canyon/Primeval World diorama!

I was just wondering if you knew any history or stories about it?

We’ve always assumed it was never fixed because of the enormous size of the glass!

Any info would be AMAZING!

Jacqueline on August 15th, 2011 at 6:59 pm

We’re going on sunday for my daughter’s birthday the big 7!!

Erin from NV on August 17th, 2011 at 12:15 pm

No T-rex when we rode it on Aug. 12

Tim on August 22nd, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Something is up with the T-Rex and Stegosaurus. It has been covered by a curtain for over a month now. BUMMER!