Disneyland Park, Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

The Wonderful World of Disney Parks and Resorts with Tom Staggs

posted on August 20th, 2011 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Tom Staggs, Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Presents The Wonderful World of Disney Parks and Resorts at D23 Expo

Tom Staggs, Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, just finished his presentation to Disney fans at D23 Expo in Anaheim, Calif. He took us on a tour through the wonderful world of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, including a behind-the-scenes peek at the Magic Kingdom Fantasyland expansion at Walt Disney World Resort, new renderings of the Enchanted Storybook Castle at Shanghai Disneyland and the 1920s transformation of Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure.

We also got a special look at Aulani that included a group of keiki dancers singing and dancing in authentic costumes, an update from Kathy Mangum, Executive Producer, Walt Disney Imagineering, on the progress of the Cars Land construction at Disney California Adventure park and the addition of Fantasy Faire at Disneyland park, which is a re-imagination of the Carnation Plaza Gardens area.

Walt promised guests Disneyland would never be complete and today Tom showed us that Disney Imagineers have followed in Walt’s footsteps as they continue to evolve our parks with new characters, stories, attractions, entertainment and other immersive experiences.

Follow @D23Expo on Twitter for more live updates from all areas of The Walt Disney Company at the expo all weekend.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Aulani, Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Paul on August 20th, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Wow, I wish something was mentioned about Animal Kingdom or Epcot.

Amanda from TN on August 20th, 2011 at 11:14 pm

I agree with Paul. It would be nice to hear of a new country coming to the World Showcase or some new attraction at Animal Kingdom.

Dean on August 20th, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Again… I wish I was there!

Fred from CA on August 21st, 2011 at 2:17 am

I saw this in person. It was a cool presentation, perhaps not as grand as the 2009 presentation, but it was still cool. :)

Edward on August 21st, 2011 at 11:09 am

I love WDW. Heck, it’s why I moved to Florida.

AND I love WDW updates…new rides, new shows.

That being said, I think we need to ease up on the criticism. Sure, it’d be great if Epcot or Animal Kingdom got something new, or Hollywood Studios got a new ride. But look at the Fantasyland Expansion at MK. It’s HUGE! I think when that is finished, we’ll see other parks get some love, but for the time being, let’s just appreciate what we ARE getting, and cross our fingers it will be as spectacular as the concept art shows! :-)

Edward on August 21st, 2011 at 11:27 am

I would have loved a WDW announcement regarding something other than the Fantasyland expansion, but given the scale of that project, I understand why the other parks might not get any love until next year at the earliest.

Linda from CA on August 21st, 2011 at 11:32 pm

This all sounds wonderful..when will they start the demolition? And will the Blue Ribbon be open in November?

Steve on August 22nd, 2011 at 12:57 am

I think people need to step back and realize that this is the largest time of growth across all Disney parks in history. Every resort (not necessarily park) is receiving enhancements and one entirely new park is being built. We can’t expect new things every year at every park…it’s just not financially feasible. Things will happen, add’l expansion will occur in many parks but it will take time. The fact that they are doing so much around the world makes me very optimistic that the future is bright for all the parks.

Steve on August 22nd, 2011 at 1:00 am

I was at the presentation and really enjoyed it. Was pleasantly surprised to see Tom letting the fans show his humorous side…the video of him doing all the different CM jobs was quite funny. Good show, but the 2 hour wait in line to get in was not the best experience.

Paul on August 22nd, 2011 at 8:25 am

The Fantasyland expansion looks awesome and can’t wait until it’s done, but please, please bring back Mickey & Minnie’s houses. Don’t let them be homeless in the Happyiest Place on Earth!
Paul in Seminole

Eric on August 23rd, 2011 at 1:29 pm

The next year for Disney parks looks really exciting! We are planning our next visit for sometime next summer and are already getting excited, but we really don’t want to come before Cars Land is open. Were there any updates or tentative time frames when it may open? I know there is still alot of work to be done, we just want to make sure we wait long enough and don’t come before it has opened, or book flights only to find out it opens two weeks after we leave.

Fred from CA on August 23rd, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I enjoyed the presentation. Perhaps not as grand as the 2009 Parks and Resorts presentation, but still good, and there were some great teases about upcoming plans for Disneyland.

Barry from BC on September 6th, 2011 at 9:28 pm

I saw video posted on YouTube of the presentations–it looked fantastic. I wish I could have been there, but after two hours in line at the D23 Expo I was turned away because the event was full. (Sadly this was an experience to be repeated several times through the weekend). What I was hoping to see but didn’t was an update on what is happening with Pleasure Island/Hyperion Wharf at WDW.