Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios

A Halloween ‘Treat’ from Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on September 23rd, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

UPDATE: We’ve released information on the 2012 edition of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

Halloween has arrived at the Walt Disney World Resort! Last week, my husband, son (dressed as a young Jack Sparrow) and I attended one of our favorite events of the year, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park.

The parties, which require a separate ticket, take place after the park closes and features attractions, trick-or-treat stations, special entertainment and more. By far, one of my favorite offerings is Mickey’s Boo to You Halloween Parade, which is led by the Headless Horseman and his sturdy steed. The parade also features Disney characters in colorful costumes, characters inspired by The Haunted Mansion, and floats themed after Disney villains, pirates, Goofy’s Candy Co., and more.

This year’s parade features the addition of three new Disney characters: Angelica (from Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides), Christopher Robin (Winnie the Pooh), and Doctor Facilier (The Princess and the Frog). In case you haven’t seen it, here’s a little “treat” for you!

Parties run throughout September and October. All entertainment is subject to change.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Michele from NJ on September 23rd, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Looks really fun!!!! Wish I was there.

kelly on September 23rd, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Saw this parade last year .. best time ever .. coming back to see it all again next year … cant wait :)

Ana on September 23rd, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I just bought tickets today for the party on Tuesday, now I’m sure I made the right decision. Can’t wait to see my girl’s faces and to be in all the fun!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 26th, 2011 at 9:22 am

You’ll have a BLAST! It’s a great time.

leisa on September 23rd, 2011 at 4:06 pm

There is no greater place in the world. Wish I was there.

Jessica on September 23rd, 2011 at 4:11 pm

We were there on September 16 and saw the parade! It was so much fun!! My daughter who is one and my sister who is6 loved it and danced the whole time! I really enjoyed all the dancers they performed so well and really neat dances, espically the guys with the shovles!!

Amber on September 23rd, 2011 at 4:16 pm

We’re on our way to Disney right now and we’re going to the Halloween party on Tuesday! We are so excited!

Amy Louise on September 23rd, 2011 at 4:17 pm

im going there october 27th with my boy, so excited!!! x

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 26th, 2011 at 9:22 am

Have a great time, Amy!

Kristina on September 23rd, 2011 at 4:19 pm

We’ll be there in less than 3 weeks! Each little tid bit I can find about MNSSHP has me more and more excited! It will be our first time going and we’re keeping secrete so it’s a surprise for our daughters!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 26th, 2011 at 9:23 am

That will make a terrific surprise. It’s one heck of a party.

Amy from FL on September 23rd, 2011 at 4:32 pm

SOOOOOO Excited, we are coming down next weekend to see The Not~So~Scary~Halloween and the Parade!!!! We can not wait, and yes, I *AM* 42! =D

Pam on September 23rd, 2011 at 4:41 pm

OMGosh, so excited. I am bringing my 5 yr old grandson along with my sister, her husband and their 2 daughters (ages 7 & 10) to Disney in about 2.5 weeks. I was just talking to sis about this particular event today and I am SO EXCITED about attending. Can’t wait, the kids LOVE Halloween and this will be our first trip to Disney – ever!!! I’m sure it’s gonna be a blast! Thanks for sharing and helping us to decide whether to spend the extra $ for this special event.

Robin on September 23rd, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Best parade Disney World has….Headless Horseman Rides again! LOVE IT!!!!

dennis on September 23rd, 2011 at 5:19 pm

been 1 time to holloween party we had fri night sat and had to leave sun.it was worth the trip there to see this great event.had a great time thanks to all. dennis w

Sharon from Kent on September 23rd, 2011 at 5:21 pm

My family and friends will be attending the party on Halloween night, we have been to the party before in 2008 and my daughters had a fantastic time so we decided its worth another visit and have friends coming along with us. Only 3 weeks to go before we fly to Orlando and am getting so excited!!!

Susanne on September 23rd, 2011 at 5:24 pm

My whole family is mesmerized by this parade. Unfortunately, we will miss it this Fall :-( The Headless Horseman is breathtakingly dramatic – I love it. The “Grave Diggers” are also a family fave!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 26th, 2011 at 9:23 am

Those are my two favorites!

Diane from NY on September 23rd, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Will be there October 21st. LOVE the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. Came back from Germany just for that in 2009. So much fun!

Cari on September 23rd, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I got our tickets to the NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY about two months ago!!! I can’t wait to get down there and see all the cool decorations, the cast in their costumes and the wonderful ‘spooky’ parade! ONLY 3 more weeks and we are in Disney World!!!! YEAH~

Joe from ON on September 23rd, 2011 at 6:43 pm

There are a few things left on my to do list – the Not So Scary Halloween and the Christmas Celebration. My wife and I work retail and can usually only get away in Feb.But one of these days…

Nancy on September 23rd, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Counting the days…less than 30! never been for Halloween! Saw a friends pictures from 2009…so beautiful! Looking forward to a Haunted Disney Honeymoon!

Terry from IN on September 23rd, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I know the information for the event encourages everyone to wear costumes, but how many adults actually do dress up?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 26th, 2011 at 9:24 am

I’d say about 50%, although more wear costumes the closer you get to Halloween. :)

Kelli on September 23rd, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I’ll be there in Oct… can’t wait!!

Susan on September 23rd, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Was there last year on Halloween, October 31st! BEST HALLOWEEN EVER!!!

Linda from NSW on September 24th, 2011 at 3:47 am

We came all the way from Australia last year with this as one of the things we really wanted to do. It was worth the trip we had a great time.

Fred on September 24th, 2011 at 7:48 am

We just came back, with family, from a 10 day visit to Disney World and the highlight was the “Not So Scary Halloween Party” that we attended on Friday, 9/16. It was fun. We all loved it. Well worth the price of admission.

Colleen from PA on September 24th, 2011 at 8:37 am

We have been to the party twice. Let me assure you, that if you are struggling with the decission to spend the extra money or not, it is well worth the price. Short lines for rides, plenty of charters and more candy than you will see anywhere else!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 26th, 2011 at 9:24 am

I agree! Well worth the price…especially since the attractions are open and usually have pretty short lines.

Sara on September 24th, 2011 at 10:52 am

The night looks amazing wish I could come and be part of the festivities!!! Loved that Charlie the Horse was the Headless horse man!!!

Mary from MA on September 24th, 2011 at 11:12 am

We can’t wait to see it in person 23 more days we will be their. It would be fun to see some of the characters from Kingdom Hearts out for Halloween. Thank you for more up dates on Walt Disney World in Fl.

Matthew from CA on September 25th, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Christopher Robin was there for the first 2 years of this parade in 05 and 06, it’s really just his return. But they also took out Horace Horsecollar :(

lisa on September 25th, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I went to MNSSHP a couple of years ago. Never liked Halloween but I love it now! Wish I could take my son this year. We were at WDW in March this year though! Definitely buy the holiday cd at this party. It is very enjoyable, and you get to relive the memories.

Kim on September 27th, 2011 at 8:02 am

I read all of the reviews on this event before attending. it sounded great! So, we all suited up in our costumes and went to the party last Friday night. Well, it was pretty painful for the most part. No one in any of the reviews mentioned the candy lines. The lines for candy were 25 to 30 minutes long. I have small children who did not have the patience for that. Also, the lines to see the special characters were so long it did not seem worth it. My son who was dressed as Jack Sparrow desperately wanted to see him. The line must have been an hour long, so he chose to move on since he was so tired of waiting in line for the candy already. Then, we watched the parade (which was 25 minutes late with no bad weather to slow it down). It was spectacular and wonderful in true Disney style. After that we wandered for a bit and watched the fireworks. We could not watch the early Villians show due to the late parade and so we headed to the Haunted Mansion. We waited in line for 50 minutes at the Haunted Mansion. We had spent 4 days at Disney and had not waited that long for any of the rides. I was pretty upset since this is supposed to be a “limited ticket” event. My children were tired and ready to head home so we headed for the exits at 11:00 without really getting to see any of the characters we wanted to and spending much of our time in line. And, it would seem the 10:15 parade had just let out…. at 11:05?? We decided to stay since the crowds leaving were nuts and watch the Villians show. After the show my pirate loving son wanted to see Captain Hook. The crowds were crazy again and I finally had to push my way into a line that formed to get him to the front. They were only out there for about 10 minutes and we just got in to get a photo with him. After this we were finally headed for home…or so we thought. We exited the park to see that they had shut down the monorail and only the boat was in service. This was not due to weather, but their choice apparently. So, with my tired children we waited in a large crowd for 30 more minutes just to get on the boat to get back to the main entrance. I have to say the fireworks and parade were great, but this was clearly an “unlimited ticket” event and I do wish someone would have prepared me for the lines we would face.

Laura on September 27th, 2011 at 6:57 pm

We are going to be there on Oct 25. We just ordered our tickets and are SO EXCITED. As I understand it you don’t have to have a regular park ticket to get in just the MNSSHP ticket. I just want to make sure that is correct.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 11th, 2011 at 10:41 am

Park tickets and event tickets are separate, yes.

Kylie on September 30th, 2011 at 7:27 am

Hi,

My family & friends will be visiting next year and we want to see Disneyland for Halloween and after Halloween. How long after Halloween is Disneyland doing the Halloween shows? Also do you decorate differently for Thanksgiving – if so when does that start?

Thanks

Jackie on October 19th, 2011 at 4:15 pm

If MNSSHP is anything like Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, it is well worth the money even if you don’t have children with you! In December, 2010 my husband and I decided to attend MVMCP, even though we don’t have children. Best decision we ever made and we would do it again in a heartbeat! The special treats, shows, parades and souvenirs made it all worth it. We spend the extra 4 hours in the park and didn’t even make it past Main Street! We spent the whole time watching shows, watching fireworks, and taking pictures. Love the special Disney parties!