Disney Cruise Line

A Tour Through New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on September 1st, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

One of my favorite moments at the recent D23 Expo was walking through the Carousel of Projects, an area full of displays, models and renderings of new projects coming soon to Disney Parks around the world. Inside, there were Cars Land ride vehicles, a model of Buena Vista Street and Carthay Circle Theater at Disney California Adventure park, and much more. I have to say, it was a lot of fun to watch the reaction of expo attendees to all of the updated projects – especially to the model of New Fantasyland, which laid out just what this expanded area will look like when its complete.

The Carousel of Projects New Fantasyland display also featured a ton of previously unreleased renderings of the expansion, which Walt Disney Imagineering was happy to share with us. Check them out in the gallery below.

Which new attraction are you most looking forward to?

New Fantasyland will include an area dedicated to Beauty and The Beast, including Maurice’s Cottage (left) and Beast’s Castle (middle). Once inside Maurice’s Cottage, guests can engage in a playful storytime with Belle and Lumiere. Gaston’s Pub will be another highlight of this new area. The interior of Gaston's Pub will be themed after the one featured in the film – a hunting lodge full of antlers. And of course, a portrait of Gaston will highlight the pub.
The Journey of The Little Mermaid will feature a statue of Ariel at the entrance. Inside the attraction, Ursula the sea witch bubbles up some trouble. Princess Fantasy Hall will be the place to meet and greet your favorite Disney royalty. The Seven Dwarf Mine Train will whisk guests along a twisting track through a diamond mine. Storybook Circus will be the new home to Dumbo the Flying Elephant, which will double in size and feature an interactive queue.

For more updates regarding New Fantasyland, check out the posts below:

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Cory on September 3rd, 2011 at 6:18 pm

This is going to be so legit. I can’t wait to see the remodel of the park. I was just in California in July and the new Little Mermaid ride is amazing. Any talk of bringing something like World of Color to Florida? I cry every single time!

Love Disney World!

Jennifer from FL on September 3rd, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I just feel that I have to clarify something, being that there is no alcohol in Magic Kingdom, the little boy in the picture is obviosly drinking something else. Also, I have seriosly missed Toon Town however after looking at the artist rendering I am so excited!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2011 at 9:36 am

Thanks!

Scott on September 4th, 2011 at 12:30 pm

When will the “new” attractions be open? I am looking forward to the little mermaid!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2011 at 9:36 am

It will open in phases, beginning late 2012.

Susan on September 6th, 2011 at 10:29 am

I cryed as I read Mary from VA’s blog…We to have always been a Disney Family with my parents visiting 1-3 times a year from the opening of the gates till my Mother also had her last trip to WDW 4 months before she died. She and my Dad were so filled with joy and hope that trip..Dad died 1 1/2 yrs later, but we have so many joyous memories. I am now taking 5 Grandkids ( ages 2-9) and grown children 1-3 times a year and cannot wait for the newest additions. I know I will cry when I see how beautiful it is and know that we will be sharing many more memories with our own family just like my parents did with the 5 of us!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2011 at 12:26 pm

My best memories of our parks have been with my family, as well. I can’t wait to explore this new area with my son.

Lisa from NY on September 6th, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Can’t wait to see the new stuff . My boyfriend and i will be down there in march .

Patti on September 7th, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Do you know what is going to happen or has happened to Mickey and Minnie’s houses in the now “gone” Toon Town? They were soooo much fun to go through no matter how many times we did. Thanks

kennedy on September 9th, 2011 at 1:57 am

The picture with the roller coaster through the forest what is that ride based off of?? I wish i closer to Disneyworld im in Utah and visit Disneyland regularly but this all looks soo fun!!

Tina on September 10th, 2011 at 8:11 am

This is so exciting. I kept encouraging my 3 year old niece to make Dumbo fly really high so I could try to catch glimpses of the construction. We are going to absolutely love the whole area, especially Beauty and the Beast.

Lesli on September 10th, 2011 at 10:06 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyy gosssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh! I cant wait till it opens. I would like to know whAT Ariel ride will be like so if you could give me a website that would be great. Thanks for the post it gave me a lot of info.

Thanks,
Lesli

andrea on September 24th, 2011 at 12:49 pm

oh my gosh i am so exited for this to open beauty and the beast is my favorite movie i cant wait to eat in the castle

Paul from NY on September 30th, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Do we know when in 2013 New Fantasyland will be open? That’s the year we’re planning on returning, but don’t want to go too soon.