Baseball at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

A Unique Point of View: E.P. Ripley

posted on September 26th, 2011 by Shannon Swanson, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort

The Disneyland Railroad was the original inspiration for my Point of View (POV) series of videos. I saw the train and wondered what it would be like to experience what the engineers get to see every day.

We used 3 cameras for this video; two mounted on the exterior of the E.P. Ripley and one hand-held positioned just behind the engineers.

I’ve traveled the 20-minute journey around Disneyland park many times as a passenger; however, I now have a whole new perspective of the Disneyland Railroad, and I hope you will too.

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Benjamin on September 26th, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I would love to see the whole 20 minute tour.

Vincent from TX on September 26th, 2011 at 7:08 pm

I love ANYTHING having to do with the trains! And it’s so unique to see that engine moving along the tracks like that.

Has the Disney Parks Blog ever shot footage of the engines by themselves? That would be an interesting perspective, perhaps an early morning run along the line with out any coaches!

Still, I love seeing the Engine that opened Disneyland on that Summer day in 1955. E.P. Will always be special for that reason!

Dean on September 26th, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I love it!

Morris on September 26th, 2011 at 8:03 pm

This is a nice film with different viewpoints from those which riders would see.

TRACEY from TX on September 27th, 2011 at 8:51 am

Greatness! 10 days until my next Disneyland trip complete with Club 33! I’m bummed POTC is down but oh well…

dennis on September 27th, 2011 at 12:29 pm

That video is incredible. I hope you folks do more videos about the railraod.

I love taking the boys on the tender rides and speaking with the engineer and fireman.

Belinda on September 27th, 2011 at 1:02 pm

It makes me want to take a ride on the DLRR, for gozillionth time.

Rob on September 27th, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Brought back so many fond memories of when I was a conductor on the railroad from 1981 to 1985!

Colleen from TX on September 27th, 2011 at 10:08 pm

My 2 year old is jumping up and down in his chair from the excitement of watching the train. Thanks for bringing this magical moment to the fifth generation of Disney fans.