The American Idol Experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Behind the Wall: Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on September 26th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Behind the Wall: Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park

On Friday, Blue Sky Cellar re-opened at Disney California Adventure park with new looks inside the continuing development of Buena Vista Street and Cars Land. Among the behind-the-scenes peeks featured are these images, which show Cars Land in its current state of production.

Behind the Wall: Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park

You can see Radiator Springs Racers continuing to take shape, with details like the bridge in the photo above beginning to peek through.

Behind the Wall: Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park

In this photo, you can see the double track where cars will soon be speeding around this banked turn.

Behind the Wall: Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park

Elsewhere in Radiator Springs, the round facade of Flo’s V8 Cafe is recognizable, and across the street (pictured below) Sally’s Cozy Cones are springing up.

Behind the Wall: Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park

Check back here on the Disney Parks Blog for more updates on Cars Land as we look forward to its Summer 2012 opening.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Fred from CA on September 26th, 2011 at 1:29 pm

I am so incredibly excited about Cars Land! :)

I cannot wait to explore the town of Radiator Springs!

Barbara Daniela from ON on September 26th, 2011 at 1:58 pm

The town of Radiator Springs is already recognizable in these photos – amazing to see!

Sarah on September 26th, 2011 at 2:56 pm

This is just awesome. We can’t wait to go!!!!

RUTH on September 26th, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I was at the Blue Sky Cellar yesterday, and saw the many photos and artwork that will come to life next year. Looking forward to 2012 at DCA, though I’m having fun now too. :-)

Amber from CA on September 26th, 2011 at 4:01 pm

When will the Blue sky cellar website be updated? :) ))))

Lisa on September 26th, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Thank you for posting the pictures! It is great to be able to see the progress. Radiator Springs Racers looks to be better than Test Track! I can’t wait for it to be finished so we can enjoy the new Cars Land. :)

Justine on September 26th, 2011 at 5:01 pm

im so excited when everything is done. cant wait.

Dean on September 26th, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Is there an officoal opening date yet?

Nathan on September 26th, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Thank you for posting these rare glimpses Erin! I love seeing big projects come together, and seeing what it takes to make them work.
I’m really looking forward to experiencing this new land, and it’s attractions!

Miguel on September 27th, 2011 at 1:45 am

Great progress! So far, it appears that there are a total of three “cones” under construction for Sally’s Cozy Cones, but scale models and artistic renderings that were previously released have shown at least 5 cones total, I think. I’m assuming (and hoping!) that two more cones have yet to be started in order to provide a temporary access route for heavy equipment and materials for the Cars Land project. Erin, can you ask around and confirm? Three cones are not enough!

TRACEY from TX on September 27th, 2011 at 8:59 am

So cool! My next trip to Disneyland is in just 10 days, woot! I would love to see Cars Land replace the Backlot Tour at Disney Hollywood Studios, im just saying…

Fred from CA on September 27th, 2011 at 10:01 am

I really hope that Cars Land is not duplicated anywhere else. If people are ever going to take DCA seriously, then it really needs attractions that cannot be found anywhere else!

Again, I am very excited about Cars Land, its been a long time since Disney has done something of this size and scope.

Otto on September 27th, 2011 at 11:04 am

This looks wonderfull. I hope you bring cars land to Disney World.

Suzanne on September 28th, 2011 at 2:01 am

Wow! It’s really coming together. I’m definitely hitting Sally’s Cozy Cones first!

Melissa from CA on September 28th, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I am so happy that Disney put the magic in California Adventure. I am so excited to visit Raditor Springs next summer

Jeri on September 28th, 2011 at 4:39 pm

YAY! Looks awesome!!

Diane from BC on September 30th, 2011 at 12:22 pm

We are planning our 10 year wedding anniversary trip for Nov 2012…can’t wait that this is going to be open…saw the beginning when we were there in Oct 2010.

Christine on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I haven’t been over to the park in a few months. I can see from the pictures that they are really coming along. I can’t wait until it’s done. Guests are really excited to see the end results.

Benny from CA on October 13th, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I Cant Wait Till It Opens But I Hope To See Some New Things Next Weekend

Victor on October 26th, 2011 at 3:02 am

The layout of the ride reminds me a lot of Test Track at EPCOT. I just hope it doesn’t break down as often.