Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Final Building Block Added to Disney Fantasy

posted on September 5th, 2011 by Jason Lasecki, Public Relations Director, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures By Disney, Disney Vacation Club

This weekend we celebrated a major milestone in the construction of the Disney Fantasy. The final building block for our newest ship was placed at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Germany. What does this mean? It means the exterior portion of the ship is now complete and work will now focus on the interior portions of the ship. Check it out.

Final Building Block Added to Disney Fantasy

Final Building Block Added to Disney Fantasy

And the interior of this ship is going to be incredible with a new nightclub district, a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and an unbelievable new show for Animator’s Palate called Animation Magic. Click here for my blog post detailing the differences between the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.

While the cranes at Meyer Werft put the final block into place we captured this fun time-lapse video.

We’ve got more updates coming in the next few weeks and months – so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and the Disney Cruise Line Facebook page. What elements of the Disney Fantasy do you want to hear more about?

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Kimberly from MA on September 5th, 2011 at 11:08 am

I’ll be on this beautiful ship next September!! I can’t wait to celebrate my 10th anniversary. My husband and I have been on a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon, and 5th anniversary as well.

Brandon on September 5th, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I hope I go next year in August as well on the Disney Fantasy since this is the ship doing the 7 nights. I really want to go on Aquaduck because it has my favorite character Donald Duck even though the statue that’s in the lobby of the Disney Fantasy isn’t Donald because he’s the statue on the Disney Dream and was at the keel laying ceremony. I know on the Disney Fantasy it’s Minnie because she was at the keel laying ceremony earlier this year.

I want to know what the other Live shows are going to be because I know one is Aladdin. Here’s the thing I live out in Southern California home of the Disneyland Resort and over at Disney California Adventure the park next door that was built on the old Disneyland parking lot. We have Aladdin the Musical playing at the Hyperion Theatre at Disney California Adventure ever since 2003. There is really no need for me to see Aladdin. I hope they do and bring Disney’s Believe because I’ve heard that’s a great show on the Disney Dream along with Golden Mickey’s because of the Golden Mickey’s dinner on the 7 nights and plus I’ve heard they’ve redone the show!

I already know what the details and differences the Disney Fantasy is going to have as well.

I remember that Captain Tom was going to bring the Disney Fantasy to Port Canaveral. I wait and see come August

I hope come August Brent Davies from Australia where Finding Nemo took place is the cruise director over Rachel Quinn from the United Kingdom because I met someone at Disneyland that did the Disney Dream because he had an Aquaduck t-shirt on they didn’t like Rachel as cruise director. I can see why she’s just not as enthusiastic and energetic compared to Brent. She sounds so boring and not as exciting! :/

I also hope Neville and Melanie are staff host and hostess because I’ve known Neville since the Disney Wonder in 2006 and he was once and my youth counselor up in the Aloft teen club and then when I saw him on the Disney Magic in 2009 he was working staff. Melanie I’ve only known her since the Disney Magic 2009 and she’s cool.

Simon on September 5th, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I so want to be there! It looks like some storybook land cruise ship is getting constructed! Awesome post and cannot wait to enjoy it!

Colleen from TX on September 6th, 2011 at 10:40 am

Would love to see more time lapse photography on the building of the Disney Fantasy. It is so amazing watching them put these floating cities together.

Vicki from FL on September 6th, 2011 at 11:33 am

Wow! Just thinking about how I’ll be on that ship on 31 March and it brought tears to my eyes! My birthday is on 1 April so the cruise is a birthday present to myself. :-)

Blythe from TX on September 6th, 2011 at 11:39 am

Hubby and I wil be sailing on her in December for our 25th anniversary…can’t wait!!

Sharon from CT on September 6th, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Will be on this ship April 14, 2012 and counting down the days. I do love both the Wonder and Magic but this will be so much fun!!!

Shawna from NJ on September 6th, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I am so excited. I find myself looking up the progress and going on the Disney Cruise website eventhough we are already booked for August 25, 2012. Anyone else coming? We were on the Dream this year and the kids cant stop talking about it. Now they are already talking about next year..and I cant blame them, so am I. LOL. Hope there are others going to joing me and my family. I hope that my waitstaff moves over from the Dream to the Fantasy..they were fantastic.

KAYLENE from MN on September 6th, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Our family will also be cruising Fantasy’s Maiden Voyage on March 31st!! Cannot wait!

barbara on September 6th, 2011 at 3:05 pm

So excited for the inaugural. We did all 3 ships inaugurals and it was amazing. The Fantasy will be cruise #51 for us by then. Looking forward to #47 in 49 days!!!!!!

James from NY on September 6th, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I hope the Fantasy has a bigger pool than the Dream.

Lynn on September 6th, 2011 at 5:59 pm

My husband and I will be sailing on the maiden voyage – we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary and I will be celebrating the end of 1 year of breast cancer treatment! I cannot wait!! Has anyone heard who the Godmother of the ship will be?

Anthony on September 6th, 2011 at 9:12 pm

This is very exciting I love each and evey update! when the Dream was being built I followed every step of the building process but I have to say pictures and video do not do these beautiful ships justice you have to see them in person, I just got back two weeks ago from vacation on the Dream and these ships are works of art all the fine detail that has been put into them is just fantastic! The staff, crew and service is second to none! I loved the Dream so much while on board I already booked Fantasy for next year for 7 nights to enjoy all these great ships have to offer and I can’t wait! Thanks Disney for making travel something to be excited about again!

tony on September 7th, 2011 at 12:49 am

I will be sailing on her Thanksgiving 2012. Looking forward to it

Maria on September 12th, 2011 at 11:05 am

We are doing our first Cruise ever on the Fantasy April 14th 2012. Can’t wait to see everything for real. It’s like a fantasy come true *O*

Pamela from PA on September 22nd, 2011 at 8:06 pm

We will be sailing on the maiden voyage. 190 days….but who’s counting.

Thomas on September 23rd, 2011 at 9:55 pm

We are doing our first Cruise ever on the Fantasy in July 7th 2012. and before that we go to Disney world for a week, what a time for my two sons it will be a fantasy come true for all of use…………………..