Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

First Look at the Freaky Gingerbread House in Haunted Mansion Holiday

posted on September 22nd, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Here’s a shot of the fabulous gingerbread confection that’s the centerpiece of the table in the ballroom in the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland park. It may look fancy, but there’s a dark side to all that sweetness and 500 pounds of gingerbread.

First Look at the Freaky Gingerbread House in Haunted Mansion Holiday

The six-foot-tall house is on display through Christmas, thus the “Jack Skellington Meets Santa Claus” theme. The holiday-themed Haunted Mansion Holiday opened Friday, so take a ride through and let us know what you think!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Micah from CA on September 22nd, 2011 at 1:48 pm

This is a great picture. . . but I rode the HMH yesterday and it doesn’t do it justice. That house is ASTONISHING. My friend didn’t believe me when I told her it was real Gingerbread. Add to the fact that its animated and moves; we had to ride it again just to see it in all its glory! If you have a chance, go see it!

Now if I only got to have a piece that would make it even better!

Fred from CA on September 22nd, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I saw it last weekend and its awesome. I love the way the mouth opens and closes.

debra from CA on September 22nd, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Would love to dine at THAT table!

I know the pin versions will be available, but any chance for a greeting card set, or stationery, or a DVD of the creations of ALL the centerpieces?

Zianya Nayelli on September 22nd, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I can’t wait to see the New Gingerbread House!!! I am going on Sunday yay!!!!!!

michelle on September 22nd, 2011 at 5:36 pm

It looks so amazing. I only wish that they would bring something like that to Florida. I have been going to Disney since I was 5 and the Haunted Mansion has always been one of my favorites.

Dean on September 22nd, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Awesome! I saw last year’s and that was pretty cool.

Philip on September 22nd, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Please bring this overlay to Walt Disney World’s Haunted Mansion already!

Andrea on September 22nd, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I like the Haunted Mansion during the holidays and there is a lot of neat new things, but after 3 months, I miss just the original HM.

Ann on September 23rd, 2011 at 12:22 am

I wish they would sell gingerbread cookies shaped like the designs and characters from the Haunted Mansion Holiday Ride (Nightmare Before Christmas)preferably after the ride. Smelling the delicious scent of gingerbread on the ride normally makes me crave for it afterwards hahahaha

Harry on September 23rd, 2011 at 12:36 am

Wow, nice picture and post. It excites me to go to Disney. Thank you for the post. It helps me.

Erin from RI on September 23rd, 2011 at 8:08 am

It is candytopia for my favorite time of the year! Amazing!

Colleen from TX on September 23rd, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I love how it is real gingerbread and they make a new one every year. That IS Disney. You really know how to keep Disney alive. Keep up the “Plus It.”

Matthew on September 23rd, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I agree with the previous comments, please bring the Haunted Mansion Holiday decorations to FL! ^_^

ryan from FL on September 24th, 2011 at 12:16 am

Never ridden…we’ve never had it here at Walt Disney World.
Looks fun. :(

Stephen from MD on October 13th, 2011 at 8:49 am

The best part about it is he whole scene smells like gingerbread too!

Christine on October 14th, 2011 at 10:46 pm

We saw it while we were at DL for Trick or Treat and now my boys want me to make one! Help! ;0)

Lisa from NV on October 17th, 2011 at 3:52 pm

My Did you know fact of the day!
Did you Know: The smell of the gingerbread from that room is so strong they actually have a vent that pipes the gigerbread scent onto the ride platform.
If you didn’t know now you do! :D