With Halloween Time coming up at the Disneyland Resort, spooky preparations are taking place all around Disneyland park. A guest favorite each year is Haunted Mansion Holiday. Soon Jack Skellington and co. will take over the Haunted Mansion, complete with a new Gingerbread House. As we get ready for the opening of Haunted Mansion Holiday, here are some fun facts you might not know:
- More than 400 flickering candles and 100 Jack-O-Lanterns create a ghostly glow on the façade of the Haunted Mansion.
- Jack’s faithful dog Zero gathered more than 200 bones to use as décor, garland, and presents.
- More than two dozen additional animated figures “materialize” inside the Haunted Mansion during Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- Imagineer Kim Irvine, daughter of the original Madame Leota, makes a special spirited performance as the Haunted Mansion’s favorite psychic during Haunted Mansion Holiday. Leota Toombs, Disney Legend and long-time Imagineer, gave life to the head that for decades has floated inside the Haunted Mansion’s Crystal Ball in the Séance Room.
- Every year, a new ghoulish concept is created and Resort Foods bakes up a brand new Gingerbread House for the celebration scene in the Mansion’s Grand Hall.