Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Ghost at Piano Scene

Vintage Walt Disney World: Walt’s Memorabilia Finds a Home at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on September 19th, 2011 by Nate Rasmussen, Archivist, Marketing Resource Center

Today, Sept. 19, marks the anniversary of the opening of the Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This attraction takes guests on a journey from Walt Disney’s birth in 1901, to his career and future plans for The Walt Disney Company.

Walt Disney: One Man's Dream at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Containing more than 400 items of memorabilia, the entire collection was shipped to Florida from California in a matter of hours. An Airbus A300 used in the transportation of the collection was dubbed Spirit of Imagination for the flight.

100 Years of Magic Press Event at Walt Disney: One Man's Dream at Disney's Hollywood Studios, December 5, 2001

While the attraction opened to guests in September in preparation for the 100 Years of Magic celebration, the official dedication took place during the 100 Years of Magic Press event on Dec. 5, 2001. Even though I’ve visited this attraction numerous times, I always see or learn something new with each visit.

Walt Disney: One Man's Dream at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Filed: Disney History, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

Christiaan from Netherlands on September 19th, 2011 at 11:23 am

I love this attarction so nice to see all the different memorabilia and other things showed at this expo.

Michael on September 19th, 2011 at 11:43 am

I always enjoy going in there and learning the history behind what once was and what is going to be now. Each time I go in there, I always see something new that was added; it’s a never-ending enjoyment and one of my most favorite attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

Elizabeth from PA on September 19th, 2011 at 11:47 am

What a great attraction. I took my boys (ages 12 and 8) into the attraction in August. My 8 yr old was mesmerized by all of the different models. We spent quite a bit of time in there. My youngest didn’t want to leave as he was hoping he could take one of the models home. As we were leaving, the park, he told me “Mamma, I think that if Walt were alive, he’d want me to have one of those models.”

Dana from TX on September 19th, 2011 at 6:47 pm

My whole family loves this museum. So much history and behind the scenes stuff, it’s really incredible!

Ralph on September 19th, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I always spend lots of time in here.

emily on September 24th, 2011 at 3:41 pm

i love this attraction! its so special to be able to honor Walt – the man who started it all! i always tear up during the movie at the end!