Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Stretch Painting

A Spooktacular in the Sky at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts

posted on October 21st, 2011 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

No other fireworks displays in the world compare to the spectaculars we put on at Disney Parks, and some of my favorites are the special shows we do for seasonal events.

Happy HalloWishes Fireworks at Magic Kingdom Park

When my family and I attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in Magic Kingdom Park each year, Happy HalloWishes is at the top of our must-see list. Inspired by The Haunted Mansion, the show uses the “Grim Grinning Ghosts” theme song and is narrated by that attraction’s Ghost Host, who invites some of the greatest Disney villains along for a round of “Scary-oke!” Everything builds toward an explosive, Scream-Along finale!

Happy HalloWishes was created in 2005 by our Creative Entertainment team, led by Steven Davison. They brought together amazing pyrotechnic effects with dramatic lighting, enveloping sound and animated projections on Cinderella Castle to create a completely unique experience for Halloween guests.

Halloween Screams Fireworks at Disneyland Park

A similar show, Halloween Screams, is also now a featured part of Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland park. There, Jack Skellington serves as “Master of Scare-monies,” kicking off the festivities as his ghost dog Zero makes a special appearance in the sky above Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Whichever park you choose for Halloween fun, our fireworks tricks are sure to give you a treat!

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Alison on October 21st, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I love Zero! Now I need to visit Youtube and see video of him.

Great to see you here on the blog, Shawn! I used to work with you and you definitely have the Disney knowledge and spirit — this job is perfect for you!

Shawn Slater on October 24th, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Thanks, Alison! It’s fun writing for the Disney Parks Blog and great to hear from you!

Karen from PA on October 21st, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I will be there for Halloween..cant’ wait:)

Brian from CA on October 22nd, 2011 at 1:56 am

It time to put the DL fireworks Hollween Screams Fireworks Spooktacular should be shown for the guests on a weekend night bassis and not for the Not So Sceary Party like you did in 2009. Its one of my favorte shows.

Travis from NH on October 23rd, 2011 at 2:51 pm

HalloWishes is definitely one of my favorite firework shows. I love how it ties in the Haunted Mansion so well – plus, the perimeter fireworks during the finale are absolutely stunning. I can’t wait to see them again tonight!

-Travis
Discussion Kingdom

Tina from NH on October 24th, 2011 at 9:55 am

Hi Shawn!
This is by far my favorite fireworks display at Disney, and that’s saying something! :-) May I ask what kind of camera you used for these shots?

Thank you so much!!

Shawn Slater on October 24th, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Tina,
I agree! Happy HalloWishes is in my Top 3 for Magic Kingdom fireworks spectaculars. The photos we included are stunning, but I can’t take credit. They were produced by our Marketing team.

Edward on October 25th, 2011 at 9:38 am

How does 10/31/11 Spooktacular work, does the day crowd get kicked out at 5 PM, before the special night tickets go in effect?
ed