Let the vacation planning begin!
Earlier today, leaders from the Walt Disney World Resort and Walt Disney Imagineering announced the projected opening dates for Walt Disney World’s new Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, which will debut in phases beginning May 31, 2012.
Located near Disney’s Pop Century Resort, the new resort will offer 1,120 family suites (including a bedroom and living room) themed after “The Lion King,” “Cars” and “Finding Nemo” animated films, as well as 864 guest rooms inspired by “The Little Mermaid.” The current opening timetable has the “Finding Nemo” wing opening May 31, the “Cars” wing in late July, and “The Lion King” wing in late September. The final wing, themed after “The Little Mermaid,” will debut in late 2012.
Although the resort is still several months away from opening, it’s already set to break records by planning the largest swimming pool at the Walt Disney World Resort (aside from our water parks). This pool will be located in the “Finding Nemo” wing, and will measure 11,859 square feet. The resort also will feature two other pools and a children’s water play area.
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will be a “value” category of lodging, with nightly rates similar to Disney’s All-Star Resort and Disney’s Pop Century Resort.
To read more about Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, check out the posts below:
- First Look: Family Suites at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Topping Out Ceremony Held at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Royal Guest Rooms Now Available for Booking
- New Images: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort Scheduled to Open in 2012
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort Unveiled