Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park

New Water Features to Help Guests Cool Off Aboard the Disney Fantasy

posted on October 13th, 2011 by Jason Lasecki, Public Relations Director, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures By Disney, Disney Vacation Club

Today I have more brand-new Disney Fantasy features to tell you about that are simply splashtacular!

AquaLab, a new addition to deck 12, is a fanciful wet play area filled with pop jets, geysers and bubblers – designed to drench the entire family.

AquaLab, A New Addition to Deck 12 on the Disney Fantasy

As the story goes, AquaLab was created by Donald Duck’s nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie. But now they’re away – leaving young cruise guests to operate AquaLab and keep AquaDuck running! By turning wheels and moving levers at three wacky aqua stations, guests “control” the speed and temperature of AquaDuck. At a leaky wall, kids cover holes in squirting and spurting pipes with their hands. In another area, water leaks and sprays from the Ducky Dinghy, suspended overhead.

Also new to deck 12 is another area for families to cool off – a wading pool with a fountain. This area has ample seating and lounge chairs under a canopy, offering a respite in the shade.

New Wading Pool on Deck 12 of the Disney Fantasy

And, there’s even a brand-new water feature exclusively for adults. Satellite Falls, a circular splash pool with benches and a gently falling rain curtain, provides cool comfort on deck 13 forward.

New Circular Splash Pool, Satellite Falls, on Deck 13 of the Disney Fantasy

Which of these new refreshing water features are you most excited about aboard the Disney Fantasy?

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

23 Comments 1 Reply

John from PA on October 13th, 2011 at 9:12 am

Finally a reason to go up top for us adults. Dream adult area was just too crowded and Currents didn’t seem to get any traffic. Can’t wait to lounge up there.

Josephine from NJ on October 13th, 2011 at 9:14 am

Glad there are more splash areas but still no pool that you can actually swim in similar to the adult pool on the Magic and Wonder. That donald pool on the Dream is more like a bathtub. Disney really dropped the ball on the pool situation for teens and adults

Shelly from IL on October 13th, 2011 at 9:28 am

These new areas are a great addition to the Fantasy!! Can’t wait to sail on the Maiden Voyage and experience them in person!

JENNIFER from NE on October 13th, 2011 at 9:32 am

Love the look of the new adult pool area. This area is one of my favorite spots on the Wonder and the Magic, but the layout on the Dream was just confusing. It was hard to relax with a steady stream of people- including kids- walking through constantly. Thanks for recognizing the challenge and finding a fix for the Fantasy!

Kevin from FL on October 13th, 2011 at 9:41 am

Booked on the Fantasy for September 2012 and can’t wait to experience the adult areas! I think it is a vast improvement over the Dream areas.

Kimberly from MA on October 13th, 2011 at 9:45 am

I agree Josaphine. I’ve been on the Wonder and the Magic, and I loved having an adult only full size pool. I’ve only seen pics of the Dream, but it did look like a wading pool, and these are even smaller!! I love swimming, not just soaking. I’ll see it in person on the Fantasy next September. I’m super excited regardless of the pool situation!!!

Kimberly from NJ on October 13th, 2011 at 9:50 am

Nice additions…hopefully they’ll be added to the Dream during it’s first drydock. But still, DCL should’ve really put decent-sized pools on these ships from the get-go. I think that’s what your fans were really hoping to see on the Fantasy, since the pools on the Dream are so small.

Kate from FL on October 13th, 2011 at 10:06 am

Brilliant work, Imagineers!! We’re thrilled that you listened to guest feedback from the Dream and worked hard to make changes to the Fantasy. I understand that from a logistics and engineering standpoint, design changes were a significant challenge, especially since construction was already underway.

I especially like the idea for Satellite Falls. It is for ingenuity like this that my family and I will pay more for a premium experience aboard Disney Cruise Line than settle for lower rates with a competitor. Can’t wait for June 2012!

Richard from FL on October 13th, 2011 at 10:36 am

The AquaDuck is my absolute favorite part of the Disney Dream and to see the concept extended into the new AquaLab water play area is fantastic! Adding more to the adults-only area is a huge plus as well. Can’t wait to see it all next year!

Ricky B

Trisha from TX on October 13th, 2011 at 10:46 am

Oh my goodness! i love all three!! Can adults play in the leaky pipe splash area too? LOL, I wanna check it out! and I love the foundtain with the water fall in the adults only area. Good idea!Cant’ wait for my cruise in may 2012. I am driving my facebook friends insane with a daily running countdown! 226 days and counting.

Sharon from FL on October 13th, 2011 at 10:47 am

I believe (but am not certain) that Satellite Falls is all the way forward on Deck 13 and is NOT in the private Concierge Sun Deck area. I’m going by the graphic and description, and that it has been added to DCL’s official website but nothing was changed in the Concierge description. The only downside I see is the potential for excessive noise form the new “family wading pool” on Deck 12. It is uncomfortably close to the Concierge suites, and I imagine the noise level could be similar to the Mickey or Donald pool area.

Paul from NY on October 13th, 2011 at 11:38 am

Jason, can you please clarify if these new water areas are in *addition* to the family & adult pools, or are the replacing the existing pools as seen on the Dream?

Jason Lasecki on October 13th, 2011 at 12:43 pm

All of the new Disney Fantasy features we announced today are in addition
to all of the deck pools and play areas that are currently on the Disney
Dream… including Nemo’s Reef and AquaDuck!

becky on October 13th, 2011 at 11:57 am

SOUNDS LIKE ALL 3 WILL BE FUN CAN’T WAIT

Todd on October 13th, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Is the new family wading pool on Deck 12 right above Quiet Cove Pool? So the area will not be as quiet as before? There is very limited space around Quiet Cove Pool as it is right now, with Deck 12 being the area nearest to pool for adults to relax in the sun. Looks great, but not sure if its in the right spot.

Alecia from LA on October 13th, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I like the AquaLab. It’s a great way to keep kids occupied if the wait is too long to ride the AquaDuck (which will probably be the case aboard the Fantasy). I don’t get the point of the other two, seemingly very small, water areas. They look like they’re both better for looking at than getting into.

Mashelle on October 13th, 2011 at 12:45 pm

I’m going on the fantasy next september in face the day it leaves for it’s seven night cruise to the eastern carbbien is my birthday. I’m so excited. the falls looks like it’s going to be so fun. I can hardley waite. in fact i’m allready planing my cruise clothes. only 344 more days

Robert from FL on October 13th, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Sharon from FL – Correct me if I’m wrong, but it actually looks like the AquaLab is deck 12 aft, behind where the AquaDuck ends.

I really like the rain curtain idea – I was on the Dream earlier this year and I missed the waterfalls coming off the whirlpools like the Wonder has at the Quiet Cove. I actually didn’t spend much time in the pools, so this sounds like a good idea. I also hope these additions could be built on the Dream someday.

I hope I can go on the Fantasy someday!

Frank from IL on October 13th, 2011 at 3:28 pm

I’m going to be on the Fantasy for her first Eastern sailing, I do wish the pools were bigger as others have stated, but I’m still happy to be going.

Barbara on October 13th, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Looking forward to Satellite Falls on the Maiden Voyage!!

Andi from AL on October 15th, 2011 at 11:00 am

I personally can’t wait to play with my kids at AquaLab! They’ve grown way to big for Nemo’s Reef, and now, we get to all enjoy splashing and “operating the AquaDuck” while Donald’s nephews are away! (Of course, afterward, my husband may have to come looking for me if I get “lost” at Satellite Falls. Ahhh…mommy time!)

Stefanie on October 17th, 2011 at 4:28 pm

This is sooo neat! I cannot wait until 2013 cruises are posted! I am going to book as soon as the pop up!! This is sooo cool! I want to play in the new Aqualab with the kiddos! You guys always outdo yourselves! Love ya Disney! Keep up the GREAT work! We here in Sandy Utah are itching to book!

Sharon from FL on October 19th, 2011 at 8:08 am

Robert from FL – Yes, the Aqua Lab IS deck 12 aft and is a good location for that. The family wading pool is Deck 12 Forward (instead of the lounge seating area that overlooks the Quiet Cove adult pool on the Dream) so will probably add to both adult pool noise and Concierge area noise. Satellite Falls adult splash pool area will be Deck 13 Forward.

jairo from FL on November 1st, 2011 at 11:08 am